Imagine Nation Forums
Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult (/showthread.php?tid=4826)

Pages: 1 2 3

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Andrew - 02-18-2012

I do firmly belive that crafting skills inhere are a tad too hard. Even to the point where it might scare people away from it.
I mean, 400000 ingots to GM BS? Thats truly a lot.
Im not saying you should lower it so that every 2nd person on the shard has it, but just lower it a bit..

Might be me, but I dont think Im the only one with this thought..

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Bob Wood - 02-18-2012

I'm in the same boat tbh.
I'm just not seeing any reason to train blacksmithing compared to hunting/selling ingots and buying finished armours.
Also mining, what a b**** to train, now I know it might have been made so hard to not overflow the market with ingots, but I'd rather see "good"ingot being harder to find than the skills being crazy hard to get.

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Lamby - 02-18-2012

Some people are just not up to the challenge.

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Andrew - 02-18-2012

I dont think its about "being up to the challenge" Its more like it doesnt seem worth it cause its extreme to train

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Taran - 02-18-2012

Crafting skills have to be very hard to train since we have no skill cap. If not it would ruin the economy since everyone would be able to craft anything, meaning noone would have to buy items.

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - stonychavez - 02-19-2012

Crafting skills are a mutha to train... with that being said it is going to make the reward of finally gming smithing that much more reqarding. So, I'm all for keeping them how they are, besides I have just started blaming the slow skill gain on myself because I am sure I am doing something wrong Smile

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Bob Wood - 02-19-2012

Lamby Wrote:Some people are just not up to the challenge.

It doesn't have anything to do with not being up the challenge.. I've GM'ed BS several times on the old IN server and this is no different other than it takes a lot longer and more ingots to do - Which leave me with the impression that time spent on crafting is better put to use hunting instead.

stonychavez Wrote:besides I have just started blaming the slow skill gain on myself because I am sure I am doing something wrong Smile

You really shouldn't be able to do anything wrong with the way skill gain works...

Tbh. I dont see how easier skillgain would crush or distort the economy, cause some people simply wont spend the time getting the mats - if anything I see it restricting the economy even more considering you put the power into fewer hands who in turn can put the prices the way they want.

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Brandon - 02-19-2012

Bob Wood Wrote:I've GM'ed BS several times on the old IN server

Same. I GMed BS several times on IN1.

I'd like skill gain to stay how it is now.

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Atlas - 02-19-2012

Now that ive actually GMd it I don't think it was that bad =p Well I DO but the world didn't end so it's whatevs. Crafting skills are the only ones that take weeks to train, everything else is pretty quick, which i agree is a good thing, even though BS is a biiitch

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Habibi Jones - 02-19-2012

craft skills shouldn't be any faster, there are plenty of GM smiths and there will only be more to come.

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - Raziel_ - 02-20-2012

I am not gm BS, and i am looking forward to gm it.. and i wouldnt want it to be made easier, why?!
I want to make difference, what if i gm bs and then everyone does the same? so i craft my armors, and weapons and then? who do i sell them for?!

Make Crafting skills slightly less difficult - sm0ke - 02-20-2012

Blacksmithing isn't hard to GM considering you have a mining script that does everything for you all you have to do is click a button saying I'm here don't kill me..

On the other hand other craft skills are harder to train because they take money rather than just time.