Imagine Nation Forums
Invulnerable Armor - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Questions and Answers (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Invulnerable Armor (/showthread.php?tid=442)

Invulnerable Armor - soMa - 07-04-2011

Why does invul ar break ?
Doesn't Invulnerable mean it can't break ?

Invulnerable Armor - Eru - 07-04-2011

I think that Invulnerable is mostly only used for animate objects, like people. I've never heard it used for items.
Quote:in·vul·ner·a·ble (n-vlnr--bl)
adj.
1. Immune to attack; impregnable.
2. Impossible to damage, injure, or wound.

Invulnerable Armor - Habibi Jones - 07-04-2011

All armor damages/breaks, invul is just the highest armor class of lootable magic armors.

Invulnerable Armor - Morwen - 07-04-2011

Item Properties Pre-AoS

The original item property system lasted for over 5 years and consisted of only 5 item properties. Prior to Ultima Online: Age of Shadows, the item properties were:
Durability
Damage Increase
Newbified
Battle Tactics Skill Bonus
Armor Resistance Increase
Hit Spell
While there were many different types of hit spell, a weapon could only have one, so it is counted here as a single property.
Armor
A piece of armor had up to three properties:
Armor Resistance Increase: (Defense, Guardian, Hardening, Fortification and Invulnerability);
Durability: (Durable, Substantial, Massive, Fortified and Indestructible);
Blessed or Cursed.
Example: "Indestructible Platemail Helm of Invulnerability with Weaken spell"
Weapons
As for weapons there were five properties.
Damage Increase (Ruin, Might, Force, Power, and Vanquishing);
Weapon Skill Bonus (Accurate, Surpassingly Accurate, Eminently Accurate, Exceedingly Accurate and Supremely Accurate);
Durability
Slayer; and
Hit Spell.

Eru that definition
2. Impossible to damage <--------- If you can't damage it, it shouldn't break

I mean I understand why it would sorta have to break over time for the shards sake but the name bugs me, much like total mana which are wrong to the don't do my total mana they do part of it Tongue
Must have been a shard I played on way back that had it so invul ar didn't break or damage because if the armor can't be damaged it can't break...

Thanks for all the speedy replies.

Invulnerable Armor - Eru - 07-04-2011

The full text for definition #2 is:

You can't injure or wound an inanimate object, which goes back to what I was saying about "invulnerable" only being applied to animate objects like players. You can damage, injure or wound an animate object.

1. Immune to attack; impregnable.

I dunno, if its impregnable and is ammune to attack wouldn't that indicate that you can't attack it meaning you can't hit it ? There for can't be damaged ? Maybe im wrong.

if it means (me) while im wearing it why am I not invulnerable ?

Im just saying the name bugs me... because if what your saying is true it can't be used towards an inanimate object then why does that armor have that name makes no sense to me. I just don't get it.

And if the armor didn't break there would be to much of it so I get why it would, but the name bugs me...

Invulnerable Armor - Eru - 07-05-2011

What bothers me about the name isn't that the armor takes damage, since that's not what the name implies to me. The problem is that if it's armor of Invulnerability, to me it means you should never take any damage from anything while wearing it. As for why it's that name, it's UO default and was has been that way as long as I can remember.

Invulnerable Armor - soMa - 07-05-2011

*votes to change the name*

Invulnerable Armor - Shad - 07-05-2011

invulnerable (adj) incapable of attack or damage.

To be invulnerable is to be completely safe from attack or harm. An invulnerable person cannot be harmed or defeated. A person's position is invulnerable if they in that position cannot be attacked, harmed, or defeated. A fort or a castle is invulnerable if the enemy cannot force their entry into it.

Invulnerable Armor - allsuperior - 05-05-2012

I thought back in the old days it was "Indestructable Platemail Arms of Invulnerability". Best armor you could get. I dont see indestructable anymore.

Invulnerable Armor - allsuperior - 05-05-2012

allsuperior Wrote:I thought back in the old days it was "Indestructable Platemail Arms of Invulnerability". Best armor you could get. I dont see indestructable anymore.

Extra Armor Durability:

Durable
+5 to armor HP
Substantial
+10 to armor HP
Massive
+15 to armor HP
Fortified
+20 to armor HP
Indestructible
+25 to armor HP

Bonus Ar Protection: