Imagine Nation Forums
Energy Field - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Energy Field (/showthread.php?tid=4391)

Pages: 1 2 3

Energy Field - Habibi Jones - 10-24-2011

Suggest possible uses for energy field

My suggestions:

1. Drains the mana of anyone caught in it, similar rate as meditation (not moving) only inverse.

2. 10% chance to cast lightning each second. 10 damage per lightning seems fair. That way, it's possible to take 100 damage in 10 seconds if you're unlucky or 0 damage in 10 seconds if you're lucky.

Energy Field - Galdor - 10-24-2011

How can it be ?? its not para your target and it works like a wall...
ı couldnt figure it in my mind !!!!

Energy Field - Habibi Jones - 10-24-2011

Yes as it is now Galdor, energy field is a useless spell Tongue Anyone have any other ideas on how to make it useful?

Energy Field - Christina Thorn - 10-25-2011

Umm how about make it have a longer decay timer

Energy Field - Redorb - 10-25-2011

Or just make it even more useless like it was on IN. Field of energy that did absolutely nothing to you but you could run through it and could use it to train magic resistance by sitting in it or running along it.

Energy Field - Eru - 10-25-2011

I'd say give it a lot more length and duration. That would be useful since it's basically just a super-wall that takes more mana to cast.

On a side note, I think it would be awesome if walls decayed from the edges inward instead of randomly. That would be useful for hunting since you could trap monsters longer and you wouldn't randomly have an important block decay on you with no warning.

Energy Field - Taran - 10-25-2011

Redorb Wrote:Or just make it even more useless like it was on IN. Field of energy that did absolutely nothing to you but you could run through it and could use it to train magic resistance by sitting in it or running along it.

Actually you couldn't run through an energy field on IN1, hehe. It was just like a stonewall but if you casted it on a person they would be in it and gain resist. So maybe we could make you gain resist when walking on it to make it useful for that at least.

Energy Field - Galdor - 10-25-2011

Hmm maybe it would be animated (Like blue or types of blue[looks like poison field]) and when something walk on it it/him/her mana decrease...
Or you cant walk through on it but you can cast spells to other side....

Energy Field - Eru - 10-25-2011

Galdor Wrote:Or you cant walk through on it but you can cast spells to other side....
^That would actually be amazing.

Energy Field - Habibi Jones - 10-26-2011

Ahh that's an excellent idea Galdor... An impassible wall that can be casted through. Cannot be teleported through either Wink

Eru that's also an excellent idea regarding how walls decay. I thought about it for a minute thinking what that would actually feel like in game. I think it'd be sweet!

Energy Field - Atlas - 10-26-2011

Eru Wrote:I'd say give it a lot more length and duration. That would be useful since it's basically just a super-wall that takes more mana to cast.

On a side note, I think it would be awesome if walls decayed from the edges inward instead of randomly. That would be useful for hunting since you could trap monsters longer and you wouldn't randomly have an important block decay on you with no warning.

+1 ... This hit the nail on the head for me Wink as well as the suggestion to cast spells through it, that'd be sweet as well / alternatively

Energy Field - Mystic Edge - 10-26-2011

yeah I agree makes since too since the graphic has openings in it like a chain fence