Imagine Nation Forums
Event Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Event Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=4188)

Pages: 1 2

Event Suggestions - imported_Necro - 03-30-2010

So I've had many people ask me to make up a new event (specifically ones that don't involve pvp), but for the life of my I can't think of anything than what we already have.

I want to open up a thread where we can have PLAYERS SUGGEST a new event (any event pvm/pvp/fun) that they'd like to see on the shard.

The reason I've opened up this thread is so we can have a good pool of ideas.

Also remember just because you suggested it, doesn't mean it will get implemented. Staff will most likely review it and make any necessary changes if it's viable/do-able.

Also please keep in mind it has to be REASONABLE, aka not something like a tub hunt where we place a random rare dye tub in a treasure hunt or setting people free in Malas. If your just going to suggest something ridiculous then please do not post.

NOTE: I've seen many arguments as I've caught up reading most recent topics and I'm going to WARN everyone right now that if there's any arguments in this topic, we shall just close it. I'm all for listening but it HAS to be in a constructive/non-judgmental manner.

Thanks,
Necro

Event Suggestions - Eighty Swords - 03-30-2010

It's been brought up before but I'll say it again seeing as how this is sort of an official new event thread. We need horse races! All the details you need you can get from Yankovic and I'm sure he'd be more then happy to set it up for us all Smile

Event Suggestions - smoke - 03-30-2010

ill just list some events we did on xuo and some we played on ***** incase there aren't some we don't do here

1v1 rep
1v1 rep with your own supply
1v1 reg
2v2 rep
2v2 reg
2v2 rep wth your own supply
team ffa auto
FFA auto
team ffa with your own supply
ffa with your own supply
CTF
CW
DM with prize (theres no prices currently)
Monster Bashes non pvp
Brit GY events with pvp
FFA portal in pits
Duel stones in pits
Tub hunts with clues
Ticket hunts with clues
Money hunts with clues

hunting/ganking/pve

Eighty Swords Wrote:It's been brought up before but I'll say it again seeing as how this is sort of an official new event thread. We need horse races! All the details you need you can get from Yankovic and I'm sure he'd be more then happy to set it up for us all Smile

I still say no to this it isn't fair because people lag way more and you can see it when they run than when they duel or pvm

Event Suggestions - Eighty Swords - 03-30-2010

To smoke's list I want to add that 1v1 and 2v2 regs also happened with your own supplies. Regs using your own supplies happened much more often then reps using your own supplies since some people complained they would fight against 5-6 opponents in a rep, use tons of supplies and only get 1 team ticket out of it when others on their team would die in 30 seconds, use barely any supplies and still get the same prize.

As for autosupply in regs, it was mainly used in the weekly 1v1 reg to give everyone an equal chance and to not make the tour about who had the best gear. On occasion it was used for your everyday reg but usually your everyday reg was with your own supplies.

Personally, I don't remember more then 2-3 scavenger hunts combined on all the versions of XUO I played, and I certainly don't remember tub hunts. I do remember me and Tiesto putting some team tourney tickets in Occlo a few times but that was when XUO was dieing and we did just about anything to try and promote some activity. And there certainly weren't any clues when me and Tiesto did this. It was pretty obvious with us saying "there are some team tickets hidden in Occlo!".

Out of everything smoke mentioned the only things we don't have now are a 2v2 area in the duelstones, color wars, and an event I just remembered called LoD. But Necro is asking us to come up with some non-PVP events, not more PvP events lol.

In case anyone is wondering about the LoD (which I think stood for Lair of Death), it was a player vs mosnter event with pvp disabled and it was an event where you would fight a few waves of monsters that got stronger and stronger until finally you fought a big bad*ss boss at the end.

If I remember right (this was 4-5 years ago so I'm probably not 100% right here...) there were 2 sets of monsters you could get.

The first set was something like this;
1st wave: snakes and giant snakes
2nd wave: different types of spiders (acid, black widow, etc)
3rd wave: different types of orphidians
Finally: the big bad boss.

The other set was something like this;
1st wave: rats
2nd wave: ratmen
3rd wave: lizardmen

I half remember fighting some other types of monsters as well but can't really remember them.

The area for this event had a small area at the entrance with a banker and animal trainer, and in the center of the arena there was a 3 story tower which also had a banker and animal tamer and you could stand in it to fight the final monster who was summoned just outside it.

I can't give you specifics about how the monster waves were handled (ie scripted to come one after the other and only when all the monsters were dead or if the staff member hosting it had to summon them) since this was hosted on XUO2 before I was staff there. I have a feeling it was scripted since this sometimes lasted a few hours since sometimes not many people would join.

As for horseraces being a bad idea because of lag, smoke give it a break please? The lag has decreased since getting our own server compared to with XS4ALL, and everyone will have some degree of lag no matter what. But that doesn't me we can't do anything. Go back to the other thread where we discussed this if you want to go on about it.

Event Suggestions - smoke - 03-31-2010

Eighty Swords Wrote:To smoke's list I want to add that 1v1 and 2v2 regs also happened with your own supplies. Regs using your own supplies happened much more often then reps using your own supplies since some people complained they would fight against 5-6 opponents in a rep, use tons of supplies and only get 1 team ticket out of it when others on their team would die in 30 seconds, use barely any supplies and still get the same prize.

As for autosupply in regs, it was mainly used in the weekly 1v1 reg to give everyone an equal chance and to not make the tour about who had the best gear. On occasion it was used for your everyday reg but usually your everyday reg was with your own supplies.

Personally, I don't remember more then 2-3 scavenger hunts combined on all the versions of XUO I played, and I certainly don't remember tub hunts. I do remember me and Tiesto putting some team tourney tickets in Occlo a few times but that was when XUO was dieing and we did just about anything to try and promote some activity. And there certainly weren't any clues when me and Tiesto did this. It was pretty obvious with us saying "there are some team tickets hidden in Occlo!".

Out of everything smoke mentioned the only things we don't have now are a 2v2 area in the duelstones, color wars, and an event I just remembered called LoD. But Necro is asking us to come up with some non-PVP events, not more PvP events lol.

In case anyone is wondering about the LoD (which I think stood for Lair of Death), it was a player vs mosnter event with pvp disabled and it was an event where you would fight a few waves of monsters that got stronger and stronger until finally you fought a big bad*ss boss at the end.

If I remember right (this was 4-5 years ago so I'm probably not 100% right here...) there were 2 sets of monsters you could get.

The first set was something like this;
1st wave: snakes and giant snakes
2nd wave: different types of spiders (acid, black widow, etc)
3rd wave: different types of orphidians

The other set was something like this;
1st wave: rats
2nd wave: ratmen
3rd wave: lizardmen

I half remember fighting some other types of monsters as well but can't really remember them.

The area for this event had a small area at the entrance with a banker and animal trainer, and in the center of the arena there was a 3 story tower which also had a banker and animal tamer and you could stand in it to fight the final monster who was summoned just outside it.

I can't give you specifics about how the monster waves were handled (ie scripted to come one after the other and only when all the monsters were dead or if the staff member hosting it had to summon them) since this was hosted on XUO2 before I was staff there. I have a feeling it was scripted since this sometimes lasted a few hours since sometimes not many people would join.

As for horseraces being a bad idea because of lag, smoke give it a break please? The lag has decreased since getting our own server compared to with XS4ALL, and everyone will have some degree of lag no matter what. But that doesn't me we can't do anything. Go back to the other thread where we discussed this if you want to go on about it.

LoD is a monsterbash...

I only use autosupply do to lack of resources i think everyone does because i don't really care about weapons or armor

as for horseraces you're just simply being persistent because you want it and can't face the fact that lag is actually more visual in running around on rides/foot than doing actions in game is what you're not understanding i'm not debating it i'm telling you it's going to be lame. People who live closest to the server will always win which is lame

Event Suggestions - Eighty Swords - 03-31-2010

I'm not saying lag will be a non factor here, you however say lag is a non factor in pvp. I simply don't think that the event shouldn't not be added because of lag.

By the way, why would I argue for getting an event implemented when I'm only destined to lose as you say? Even on XUO when I had DIAL UP internet and everyone else had highspeed, I would still finish ahead of them in this event sometimes.

Don't forget there are teleporters sending you 10 tiles back or however much and other obstacles which will in part counteract the lag and to make it more interesting then a straight forward run.

As for monster bash vs LOD, I remember two types of events, one where it's that long winding corridor that leads to a final room with several strong monsters (what I think of as a monster bash), vs what I explained in my last post (LOD)

Event Suggestions - imported_Taran - 03-31-2010

Smoke, Eighty. You have both argued about horse races before. Drop it and let's move on, don't turn this into a flame topic thank you.

Event Suggestions - imported_Lederoil - 03-31-2010

I don't know what and how much the horse racing event has been discussed earlier, and my purpose is not to start an unnecessary argument, however I do want to point out that I support the horse races and think it could be a great event if it's done right.

smoke Wrote:as for horseraces you're just simply being persistent because you want it and can't face the fact that lag is actually more visual in running around on rides/foot than doing actions in game is what you're not understanding i'm not debating it i'm telling you it's going to be lame. People who live closest to the server will always win which is lame

Saying the horse races is more of a lag issue than any individual PVP event, or say the looting in a monster bash (which is the main goal there), is just ridiculous.

Try running side by side with someone from europe. You if anyone should know that they can't just outrun you easily because of their ping advantage.

A slight ping advantage/disadvantage wouldn't matter more in a horse race in a course full of obstacles, than in near any aspect of the game, especially not more than in the PVP-system we have.

Having "people with high ping will have a disadvantage" as argument, is possibly the worst argument one can have. The ping will always give advantages and disadvantages. People with lower ping will always have a slight advantage, in horse races as in a 1vs1 duel.

Event Suggestions - imported_Yankovic - 03-31-2010

I am thinking of a new kind of event to make based on Onslaught from Unreal Tournament 2004.

There you have two bases linked to each other through multiple nodes. The objective is to destroy the enemies base.
Before you are able to destroy that base, you will have to capture the nodes that will create a link between your and their base. This can be one possible path, but usually you can create multiple paths by capturing other nodes.

Since both teams will be capturing nodes, you will have to destroy some nodes in order to create that link. This can only be done if you own a connected node yourself.

That is the basic concept. But Unreal Tournament offers some extra features I would add if I would create this mode:
- When you captured a node, you get some extras. Like a ride or access to a better weapon/spell.
- To keep a lot of action, you will be able to teleport to your own nodes that are not under attack from any other node you own. (e.g. from the base to a node close to an enemy node)
- There is a weapon (spell) to heal your node if it is damaged. That can also be used to capture a node in a shorter amount of time.

Event Suggestions - Eighty Swords - 03-31-2010

Sounds interesting Yank, but how do I stop someone from taking a node my team controls? I've never played Unreal Tournament but from what I've heard about it it's basically a FPS. So how do you turn FPS killing into UO killing? I think the obvious answer is attack them with spells & weapons but then that sounds like another pvp event which I don't think is what Necro is aiming for.

As a suggestion, what about adding special bows and crossbows. Instead of the weapon having a 10% chance to do a critical hit (or whatever % it really is), you have a 10% chance to do a head shot, 10% chance to miss, 50% chance to hit them in the chest, 30% chance to hit them in an arm or a leg. Based on where you hit the person they would take a specific amount of damage. This way there's no pvp like we usually have and killing someone is just luck on where you hit them. You can also use different kinds of bows and crossbows to change the % to hit different areas or miss, and also to change the damage. Here are some quick examples

Weapon........................Damage-location......% chance to hit here
bow.................................50-head...........................10%
bow..................................30-chest..........................50%
bow..................................20-arms&legs....................10%
bow....................................0-miss...........................10%

crossbow.........................80-head............................8%
crossbow..........................45-chest...........................55%
crossbow..........................35-arms&legs.....................25%
crossbow............................0-miss............................15%

heavy crossbow................100-head...........................5%
heavy crossbow..................60-chest..........................60%
heavy crossbow..................40-arms&legs....................5%
heavy crossbow....................0-miss...........................20%

Event Suggestions - imported_kcslic - 03-31-2010

A simple FFA with objects in the arena to run around, Those are always a blast!

Event Suggestions - imported_Necro - 03-31-2010

Quote:that sounds like another pvp event which I don't think is what Necro is aiming for
I am asking for suggestions of any type of event Eighty Swords, let's not restrict our ideas =).