Imagine Nation Forums
Black Widows - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Black Widows (/showthread.php?tid=4105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Black Widows - imported_p!nk dr@g0n - 02-28-2010

OMG, this discussion has been going on forever now and Taran haven't said a single word... Practically every PVPer with a forum account agrees that the wep should be nerfed. TARAN, just say "I'll fix it, thread closed" and there will be peace on earth.

Black Widows - imported_Taran - 02-28-2010

I'm leaving this to Hate and other staff that know more about PvP than me

#1. Hate already pretty much agrees with us.
#2. EVERY PVPer wants the change made, are you giving one staff member the power to turn us all down?
#3. The restart is tonight, we'd be extremely glad if you could implement the changes before that (I'm pretty sure it's not a lot of work).

Weapons will not be changed today, we need time to test and tweak.

Well, the fact is the black widow was meant for PVM. And the fact is it's better than a max bard in PVP... What more info do you need?

Just make it -20% on humans for now, then you can test and tweak...

Who said anything about black widow only being meant for PvP? I had both PvM and PvP in mind when I scripted the custom weapons.

As I said, nothing will be changed today.

Black Widows - imported_Hate - 02-28-2010

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:#1. Hate already pretty much agrees with us.
#2. EVERY PVPer wants the change made, are you giving one staff member the power to turn us all down?
#3. The restart is tonight, we'd be extremely glad if you could implement the changes before that (I'm pretty sure it's not a lot of work).

We will be testing a lot of weapons soon, and see if some needs tweaking, so my suggestion to you guys if you want it happen as soon as possible is to test weapons as well and write about the imbalanced weapons, that way the testing will take a lot less time :]

Think about it, if we would fix the black widow (if its overpowered) then treallypoot will probably just change to the other new bows and abuse them instead or something, so if you have the other rare weapons id suggest you use them and see if they are overpowered av well. Thanks!

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:We will be testing a lot of weapons soon, and see if some needs tweaking, so my suggestion to you guys if you want it happen as soon as possible is to test weapons as well and write about the imbalanced weapons, that way the testing will take a lot less time :]

Think about it, if we would fix the black widow (if its overpowered) then treallypoot will probably just change to the other new bows and abuse them instead or something, so if you have the other rare weapons id suggest you use them and see if they are overpowered av well. Thanks!

Regards,
Hate

Omg, isn't this EXACTLY what we have done? And we've ALL come to the conclusion that the black widow is unbalanced and should be fixed ASAP.

The thing is the only thing that's urgent and totally unbalanced is the black widow, I've tried the ChuKoSomething and elven bows and they're pretty much useless in PVP. And when it comes to other weps, I don't think they're very unbalanced, especially not urgently unbalanced. There are like 3-4 weapons that can be used as a substitute to a bard with pretty much equal results, which imo is more than enough.

You don't have to fix them all at the same time you know? As I said before, fix the black widow now then the rest later. It totally ruins the PVP, how many more people do you want to tell you this? We've done the testing for you... Just fix it? It's not that I don't have a black widow, I do. It's just that the more influence weapons have on PVP, the more luck is involved and less skill (since weps hit/miss randomly and the damage dealt is random).

Black Widows - smoke - 02-28-2010

so take me in game im actually tired of this stupid weapon ill test it with you

Black Widows - imported_Rabbi Samild - 02-28-2010

smoke Wrote:hey you know what, rabbi LEARN TO READ and hiroshima shut the hell up THIS IS NOT EFFECTIGN YOU AT ALL SICNE YOU BOTH DON'T DUEL

You're right, maybe I should read everything you say in every post. Then again, most of the stuff you say is trash and I find that it's USUALLY a completely waste of my time to read the crap you put out.

I just reread the entire thread right now and I see what you're saying. As long as the black widow isn't reduced in speed, damage, or poison chance for PVM, I don't care what you guys do with it.

That being said, it would just be easier for you guys to agree before going into a duel what you can and cannot use. Maybe the staff could script a class menu where you could pick items/weapons/armors that are restricted so you can make PVP classes that make dueling more interesting (just a thought).

If you keep most of your posts closer to a moderate tone and stop with all the standard thread flaming maybe people will read them more and not just assume you're popping off?

Regards.

Black Widows - imported_Rabbi Samild - 02-28-2010

smoke Wrote:so take me in game im actually tired of this stupid weapon ill test it with you

Yea, that way they'll get an unbiased reaction and comments, eh? Lol.

Black Widows - smoke - 02-28-2010

lol there are dickheads and ******* pvpers who have no honor at all like disi aka warmachine thats why you can never agree on not using the bow it needs to be fixed

i lost a tourney gear to him because of this