Imagine Nation Forums
Black Widows - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Black Widows (/showthread.php?tid=4105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Black Widows - smoke - 02-25-2010

Eighty Swords Wrote:Luda if it's happening as often as you say it is and you're not exaggerating (and I say that since we all have a tendency to exaggerate) then yea maybe it does need to be looked at. I'm not saying black widows are supposed to be the best weapon, but come on bards can't be the only good weapon.

So because I'm not the best pvper in the world means my knowledge about UO or my saying how something is supposed to be is automatically invalidated? Give me a f*cking break...

no you don't know pvp AT ALL you run around in the duel box not even healing

so how would you know about hits and how they work?

Black Widows - Eighty Swords - 02-25-2010

[With sarcasm] yea smoke, I sit there with 100 mana purposely not healing. You must be retarded. Maybe I'm not healing because I'm trying to kill the other person and think I can kill him before he kills me. Maybe I'm not healing because I don't have enough mana and I am trying to use aids but fail or only heal 1 or 2 points. Maybe I'm not healing because I fizzled my heal because I don't have perfect timing and tried casting a second heal before the first one finished...

Smoke you weigh people's opinions on everything based on their knowledge about pvp. It's almost at the point where if I tell someone 'there's a pad to britain in pits' you'd tell me I'm wrong about it because I'm not good at pvp. When was I ever into pvp? Even on the versions of XUO I played I was a crafter and pvmer...

Black Widows - smoke - 02-25-2010

Eighty Swords Wrote:[With sarcasm] yea smoke, I sit there with 100 mana purposely not healing. You must be retarded. Maybe I'm not healing because I'm trying to kill the other person and think I can kill him before he kills me. Maybe I'm not healing because I don't have enough mana and I am trying to use aids but fail or only heal 1 or 2 points. Maybe I'm not healing because I fizzled my heal because I don't have perfect timing and tried casting a second heal before the first one finished...

Smoke you weigh people's opinions on everything based on their knowledge about pvp. It's almost at the point where if I tell someone 'there's a pad to britain in pits' you'd tell me I'm wrong about it because I'm not good at pvp. When was I ever into pvp? Even on the versions of XUO I played I was a crafter and pvmer...

lol what i'm just saying this is a pvp topic which you don't pvp so you don't know why must you start something in every thread with me seriously

Black Widows - imported_LudaKrishna - 02-25-2010

Quote:I'm not saying black widows are supposed to be the best weapon, but come on bards can't be the only good weapon.

All I'm saying is that these bows shouldn't do that much dmg vs a player, and bards aren't the only good wep u can use hallys, ba's, i've seen ppl use a sheild and a hammerpick... but generally bards, hallys,ba's do more dmg than other weps. This bow surpasses what a bard does and hits and a faster rate

Black Widows - imported_Hiroshima - 02-25-2010

Solution:
Make Black Widows more expensive so less people has them Big Grin!

smoke Wrote:lol what i'm just saying this is a pvp topic which you don't pvp so you don't know why must you start something in every thread with me seriously

First of all, I never 'start something' with you. I contribute my opinion to threads and you try to invalidate my opinion by saying shit like 'you're an idiot and know nothing about pvp so stfu'.

Second, whether or not a black widow is meant to do this much damage vs players has nothing to do with pvp. It has to do with how the staff told us it should work and whether or not if that's how it really is working.
-If the staff said a black widow should do less damage vs players then vs monsters AND less damage then a bard does vs players, then there's a problem here.
-If the staff said a black widow should should do less damage vs players then vs monsters but didn't say it should do less then a bard there's technically no issue with what the staff said and what's happening.
-If it's a good idea for a black widow to do more damage then a bard vs a player, that's a different question, and one I've not been commenting on.

LudaKrishna Wrote:All I'm saying is that these bows shouldn't do that much dmg vs a player, and bards aren't the only good wep u can use hallys, ba's, i've seen ppl use a sheild and a hammerpick... but generally bards, hallys,ba's do more dmg than other weps. This bow surpasses what a bard does and hits and a faster rate

Well now you can use black widows too apparently lol. Like I said just above to smoke, whether or not this should happen or not isn't what I've been discussing, I've been discussing what the staff said should be happening.

Black Widows - Sweetypie - 02-25-2010

LMAO at a 3 person , 2 page topic.. forum spam FTW

u cant move and shoot...u can pretty much tell when they castin... use a faster weapon? bards arent the only weapons..

nooobs geeeeeez!!!

Black Widows - imported_Taran - 02-25-2010

Uh Eighty, the custom weapons do exactly the same damage to monsters and players. It's just that in certain areas (like duelstones) it won't make a critical hit/special attack.

The Black Widow has been around for a long while now, I'm surprised noone started using it in duels until now. It's one of the best weapons and it's quite hard to get. And as far as I remember Sup bard of Vanq should still be more powerful. And if you're worried about healing all the time there are tricks to make the opponent heal instead, that can happen with all weapons and not just the Black Widow.

Black Widows - imported_p!nk dr@g0n - 02-25-2010

First of all... Ok Eighty I've been hars on you on purpose up until now... But come on, you have absolutely NOTHING to do in this thread. You don't pvp and you've never used the black widow on people, so why the hell would you even bother post anything in this thread? And Taran just owned your ass... Seriously if I was you I'd be so ashamed right now, I wouldn't post for weeks. Sorry Taran, but this time he really deserves it (it's not spam), you're an idiot Eighty.

And Taran, another significant difference between the black widow and a bard is that you can run away from a bard... Which makes the hit delay much much much less with the black widow.

Black Widows - imported_LudaKrishna - 02-25-2010

Quote:And Taran, another significant difference between the black widow and a bard is that you can run away from a bard.

That's what I'm trying to say, and it hits faster than any other wep (including bards). To me I just dont see the Black Widow as a dueling wep cuz it's cheap since it does 50dmg in 1-2hits (which u can't avoid, as it rarely misses) and it's weapon speed is really fast.

I honestly believe those bows should do less damage to players.

Taran Wrote:Uh Eighty, the custom weapons do exactly the same damage to monsters and players. It's just that in certain areas (like duelstones) it won't make a critical hit/special attack.

Technically, if the weapon can't do critical or special hits vs a player, it has the potential to do more damage vs monsters then vs players so in that sense I am right Wink that's how I've been thinking about this weapon and why I thought it did more damage vs monsters then vs players. Thanks for clearing it up Taran.

p!nk dr@g0n Wrote:First of all... Ok Eighty I've been hars on you on purpose up until now... But come on, you have absolutely NOTHING to do in this thread. You don't pvp and you've never used the black widow on people, so why the hell would you even bother post anything in this thread? And Taran just owned your ass... Seriously if I was you I'd be so ashamed right now, I wouldn't post for weeks. Sorry Taran, but this time he really deserves it (it's not spam), you're an idiot Eighty.

You must be smoke's twin or something... Why do I have no business in this thread? Because you ganked me the other day? Because the topic of this thread came up in the duel area? As for being ashamed about this, maybe I wasn't 100% right, but the weapon does act differently towards players then towards monsters and that's all I was trying to explain.

Black Widows - imported_p!nk dr@g0n - 02-25-2010

Eighty Swords Wrote:You must be smoke's twin or something... Why do I have no business in this thread? Because you ganked me the other day? Because the topic of this thread came up in the duel area?

OMG, that's the most retarded thing I've heard in my entire life. What the f*ck does that have to do with anything? Wow, you're retarded for real. I'm sorry I've been rubbing it in...

The reason you have absolutely nothing to do here is that you have absolutely nothing to come with, in fact you're doing the exact opposit and giving the wrong information. If you want a fight, start one in Off topic please, no need to invade every f*cking one of our threads...

Eighty Swords Wrote:As for being ashamed about this, maybe I wasn't 100% right, but the weapon does act differently towards players then towards monsters and that's all I was trying to explain.

Taran Wrote:Uh Eighty, the custom weapons do exactly the same damage to monsters and players.

OMG, not 100%? How about 0%?

Now can you please STFU!? Grown ups are trying to work here...