Imagine Nation Forums
Low Skill Players - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Low Skill Players (/showthread.php?tid=3857)

Pages: 1 2 3

Low Skill Players - imported_Rabbi Samild - 12-04-2009

To all low skill players,

I've seen a lot of new people come and stick around for a little then log on sporadically.

I ask you now, stay logged in training those skills and participate! Let's get this population back to where it should be!

Regards.

Low Skill Players - imported_Gatin - 12-04-2009

Rabbi Samild Wrote:To all low skill players,

I've seen a lot of new people come and stick around for a little then log on sporadically.

I ask you now, stay logged in training those skills and participate! Let's get this population back to where it should be!

Regards.

rabbi help me with money ^) i need alchemy and inscript. I give it back when can kill more drag/
and how long macroing peacmaking and provocashion?

Low Skill Players - imported_LudaKrishna - 12-04-2009

hey i would like money for alchemy/inscript lol i don't have those either.

Low Skill Players - imported_Eru - 12-05-2009

I would like 2.3 metric tons of kindling for raising my camping please.

Low Skill Players - imported_Shade - 12-05-2009

Oh is Rabbi granting wishes?!?

I want a green unicorn that can fly at 412 mph and craps out bars of gold. If you are feeling really generous, you can give me the luxury model with laser vision, heated saddle and a 5.1 DSS system. Oh and if you could, please equip it with OnStar as well... nothing is more annoying than getting locked in your unicorn.

Low Skill Players - imported_beret - 12-05-2009

Gatin I can help you if you need help with money, I can teach you how get money fast in hunt! Smile this is my stile and I dont need that nobody give me money Tongue

Low Skill Players - imported_Gatin - 12-05-2009

its be good! i ask u in game ^)(ingame Beret?)

Low Skill Players - imported_mpfplush - 12-05-2009

Here's a short story for you. This one's called, "A day in the life of a newbie, and / or returning IN player." Have you made yourself comfortable yet? Good, then let's proceed.

Picture this :

An old veteran of previous IN servers discovers that Imagine-Nation has been remade once again, and sees some familiar names on the forums. He gets nostalgic, and decides to dust off the old UO cd, despite the fact that he now has a mortgage and child to support, and his time doesn't belong to only him anymore.

In the past, He'd worked like a mule to max out as many skills as he could on all 3 of the previous incarnations, dealing repeatedly with extremely challenging skill gain. But it's been a while, and he's feeling fresh and optimistic.

So he logs on, and sees the familiar sights, and he's feeling good. He chooses 3 starter skills. So far, so good. He then rushes off to buy a pickaxe and smith's hammer to make his fortune.

Now, because multi clienting isn't allowed, he mines furiously with his main for 12 hours in a marathon session, and procures about 3000 ingots. (It's 6am, by the way) He also has his skill in mining locked at 34.9, because iron is what he needs at the moment, and the other ores won't be useful until much later, and would only weigh him down, and clutter his bank.

Where was I? Ah yes, *ahem.* Anyway, he's worked all night for these 3000 precious iron ingots, and thinks to himself, "Great, 3000 iron ingots, now it's time to turn these babies into something more useful." So he sets up a smithing macro, and decides to make daggers.

After about an hour, he's finally used those 3000 ingots, and anxiously checks how much his skill has raised. The skill menu proudly displays (50.6) skill in blacksmithy.

His heart sinks, and after all that hard work, he thinks to himself, "Okay, now it's time to stop my smithing macro, and mine another 3000 ingots with my main tomorrow, because a second account isn't allowed. And if I do that, I face anywhere from 5, to 15 days jail, (that's half a month, dear reader) and any second accounts are forfeit." As he shuts down his computer, and goes to bed, he starts to wonder if he has the time and stamina required to start over with this challenging skill system for the fourth time.

The next day comes, and he's moved on. The end.

This is just a fanciful story, and probably is out of context with reality, not to mention this thread. The characters were all fictitious, and any offense taken was not intended. It is, after all, just a story. :neutral:

Choosing one of the hardest skills to master first is never the best bet honestly. No offense to that fictional character but I'd imagine if they gave up that easily, they didn't intend to play. That goes double for an IN player, since most players from there went through a skill gain several times more severe.

Again, no offense but... most returning players come back because of memories of good times and when they don't see old faces or things from their happy past they typically find an excuse to run out the back door. I only say this because in one day how well can you really judge a shard with so much put into it... a new player can't even cover the entire world in a day, much less test out all the skills.

I'm not saying this to call anyone out or anything but if someone really wants to be a part of this shard, they should take more time to feel it out. Too many didn't see that old friend they wanted to see or an old hangout they wanted to visit and just left without weighing the reason they came here against the effort it takes to rebuild.

Granted I understand that a lot of the old players are now grown up and have a more time restricted life, I too grew up and got molested by responsibilities, family, work, etc but soon after decided to revert to a more childish lifestyle and ditched all that junk.. However this shard has the potential to be the place that all the old players wanted with just a little effort from each person.

I guess as we get older we forget that feeling of accomplishment because of the routine lives that come with being an adult and want more things just handed over.

Low Skill Players - imported_LudaKrishna - 12-05-2009

I think mpfplush stated everything i've been going on about for the past 5 mths.

If you are referring to skill gain maybe you should read his post again, since he only mentioned smithy and to the best of my knowledge I don't recall you complaining about that skill. As a matter of fact, I thought your main argument revolved around pvp skills, which are much easier to increase now.

On the other hand you could have meant that he didn't state very much and related to that fact since you yourself don't ever state very much. Normally you post the same thing over and over, occasionally reiterating what one of your friends said with the assistance of caps lock. Oh unless we count all the dumpster diving you do in the trash can section and speaking of the trash can section, kudos on having one of the highest post counts in there.

Don't you ever have anything beneficial to say, for players or the shard? I mean seriously, instead of saying "hey man log back on and I will help you get started," you decide to go your usual route.

Low Skill Players - imported_Fable - 12-05-2009

Shade Wrote:If you are referring to skill gain maybe you should read his post again, since he only mentioned smithy and to the best of my knowledge I don't recall you complaining about that skill. As a matter of fact, I thought your main argument revolved around pvp skills, which are much easier to increase now.

On the other hand you could have meant that he didn't state very much and related to that fact since you yourself don't ever state very much. Normally you post the same thing over and over, occasionally reiterating what one of your friends said with the assistance of caps lock. Oh unless we count all the dumpster diving you do in the trash can section and speaking of the trash can section, kudos on having one of the highest post counts in there.

Don't you ever have anything beneficial to say, for players or the shard? I mean seriously, instead of saying "hey man log back on and I will help you get started," you decide to go your usual route.