Imagine Nation Forums
Mini Trash Can - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Mini Trash Can (/showthread.php?tid=3399)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mini Trash Can - Eighty Swords - 03-30-2009

Can the mini trash can we get when we make a new character be changed so you can open it like a regular trash can? A few times I deleted items by accident and couldn't get them back! Sad

Mini Trash Can - imported_Ryuuku - 03-30-2009

Epic fail haha. Thats why I droped my Mini Trash Can somewhere in world.

Mini Trash Can - imported_Sindern - 03-30-2009

/signed Smile

I ditched mine because I didn't want that to happen. Tongue

No big loss, was just like some cloths or at worse some bandanas i was going to sell. Would be a nice safeguard incase it turns into a bag full of resources you drop by accident.

Mini Trash Can - imported_Odium - 03-30-2009

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]One simple reason why they dont work like that.
they are newbied.

meaning if u are close to dying you could then put items in your newbied trashcan run to pits take the item / items out asap.

The mini trashcan will never work like a regular trashcan for that reason.

We do not want newbied bags/containers.
[/COLOR]

Ah ok, that makes sense Odium. Now that you mention it I can almost remember that point coming up before.

Is there anyway it could be made to empty when you die? This way it can still be opened otherwise to recover accidental deletes?

if playermobile hits<=0
empty trashcan

Look at that, I'm pro!

Mini Trash Can - imported_Odium - 03-30-2009

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]==0 would be more correct, but !m.Alive (where m is playermobile) would be the even more correct Wink
Altough should it poll for the playermobiles hits every 1 seconds then? :S dont make sense ;/

it could probably trigger if the mobile dies but not sure its good to have something extra trigger when a mobile die sounds like it could crash the server in so many ways - things like pacllamas dragging etc would have to be looked up and what if one person have multiple mini trashcans lots of erhm issues. (not even sure its doable in a easy and smooth way) as items dont regulary read never(?) check for the owners status.

or maybe it could be triggered in the playermobile script when the mobile dies it empty the mini trashcan but even here lots of issues could come up with multiple traschans or no trashcans. as it needs to empty all mini trashcans the player have equiped.

Something for malik or nasir or maybe evenshade to lookup, when time given.[/COLOR]

Mini Trash Can - imported_Shade - 03-30-2009

I'll pass.

As Odium said, it sounds a little touchy to add an OnDeath trigger to empty it as I would imagine there would not only be ways around it but doing things like holding it on your cursor while you die may cause issues.

I think the much easier fix is like 10gp mini trash cans that aren't newbied and can be opened. That way they have the timer like normal cans but couldn't be abused in any way and it wouldn't need checks.

Mini Trash Can - imported_Taran - 03-30-2009

Ooor people could just stop trashing items by accident Big Grin
At least you can't trash newbied items.

Mini Trash Can - imported_Hiroshima - 03-30-2009

Just throw away your trashcan just how i did Wink!

Mini Trash Can - Eighty Swords - 03-31-2009

Odium my hits<=0 is kickassness because incase someone magically goes to -hp I cover that too Wink

Taran that's such a clever idea Smile now if only my computer listened when I tell it where to drop an item

Ok so the ultimate solution: 1 trash can limit per character and empty on death... or shades idea!

Mini Trash Can - imported_Shade - 03-31-2009

I think the real ultimate solution is what Taran said. After all he is the boss:p