Imagine Nation Forums
PvP suggestions - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: PvP suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=3287)

Pages: 1 2 3

PvP suggestions - imported_Jiraiya - 01-21-2009

Alright this thread is actually the result of many hours of discussion between myself and a few other people, both rpers and pvpers. I am not a hardcore xuo vet, nor am I one of the top pvpers on the shard. I'm from ***** originally and was mainly a pvper before coming here, but I thoroughly enjoy the rp aspect of IN:X and have come to like rp/pvp. So I'm not on either the IN side or the XUO side, I'm neutral and looking at this objectively. I can see some obvious problems with the pvp rewards system here, and thats what this thread is about.

I'll start by breaking down the reward stone and I think are some serious problems with it. The idea of these suggestions is to help bring pvpers back to IN:X.

1. PvP rewards should NOT be attainable by ANY other method than pvp.

2. Tickets should NOT be tradable, sellable, etc.

3. R/R weapon deed should NOT be buyable via the stone.

Largest tourny ever on IN:X was 31 people, and the reward was a recolored bracelet, not even r/r. There is a big difference between something that is rare and meaningful, and something that is impossible to get. I think anyone would realise with the current system a r/r weap is impossible to get even for the best pvpers. Which of course is why it was added to stone, but that seems to me to be a crappy way to get a r/r weap. r/r weap should only be available from very large weekly tours where a large portion of the best pvpers are attending. Also, this is not xuo, this is an rp/pvp server and 80% population at one tourny is NEVER going to happen. Wake up.

4. Tourny tickets should be restored to their original value of 10k per team tick.

5. Revamp of rewards:

* r/r Cloth deeds - 4 Tour Tickets
* r/r Jewelery - 5 Tour Tickets
* r/r Lantern/Torch/Candle - Between 6 and 8 tickets
* random tub - 1 Tour tickets - Even at one tick I doubt anyone will buy it because of gm tailor reward. Your favorite tub which you can get from tailor will always be better then 10 random tubs. Also currently its like 800k on stone, but gm tailor costs almost exactly the same, and you chose color. Colors are NOT rare here, so forget how much you've spent on tubs on other servers, the tailor reward has changed the dynamic completely.
Also, they should be available to buy for 150-200k from a vendor. Make them a marketable item, something people will collect and trade.

The stuff like warbear is just totally pointless for a pvper, but if someone wants to spend on it.. meh.

6. There MUST BE a weekly scheduled tour. THATS EVERY WEEK, yes I know its rough working around timetables, but its not that hard to clear two hours one day a week if your into it. One tour a month must be worth a r/r and it must be announced 3 days prior to the tourny. If we want pvpers back this is an absolute must.

Its been months now since I saw ANY tourny at all, its getting ****ing rediculous guys, seriously, if you are not into hosting tournies anymore then hire a staff member who will. If theres members of staff who no longer have the time to do staff duties, then retire them and get someone else who does have the time and motivation.

If its trust issues your having, I'm sure its not hard at all to browse through the logs of new staff once a week. Cheating GM's are easily cought by observant admins. The bottom line is, without staff in game to host events and add out of the ordinary fun to the shards gameplay, its a dead shard. It doesnt matter if you have plenty of staff doing stuff behind the scenes or answering pages. They are invisable to the average player, and so, non existant. Even a shard with 200 online will be boring without events, ganking does get old.

7. PvP tickets should ONLY BE GETTABLE BY PVP EVENTS.

No giving out tickets for monsterbash's and other such stuff. Either make a non pvp event ticket or just put a cheque on the mobs, I dont really care which.

Hrm, thats all for now, I'll just edit if I remember some things I forgot.

J

PvP suggestions - imported_Gang-Bang - 01-21-2009

Nothing to add.. I 100% agree with every aspect

PvP suggestions - imported_Ryuuku - 01-22-2009

Those are greatd ideas.

Hey Jira, and about the other spell you talked with me...

Nothing changing pvp , just to chage the variety of spell to use.

Exemple: Meteor Swarm do same damage as FS , but of course change it from muti target to just one target... bla bla bla

nothing about change pvp just chage some spell to be usable in pvp ( Who uses meteor swarm?)

So people see more variet on pvp than just fs,fs,fs, light,ligh,ligh and those things ...

PvP suggestions - imported_Jiraiya - 01-22-2009

mmm, that'll go in a different thread, this thread is just about pvp rewards and events

PvP suggestions - imported_Ryuuku - 01-22-2009

ahhh, I see... you dont specifc in the thread name how I go know Sad

PvP suggestions - imported_Jiraiya - 01-22-2009

haha yeah, good point, thread should be named PvP reward suggestions
my bad Smile

PvP suggestions - imported_Gang-Bang - 01-22-2009

53 people have seen this thread, and im sure a few staff members included.
What does staff think about it ?

PvP suggestions - imported_Shade - 01-22-2009

Meh I didn't want to be the first staff to reply to this because I try not to get involved with pvp related discussions anymore. I guess I might as well post my views on this though, they were coming either way of course.

The first thing I want to comment on is ticket prices. The fact is, right now it seems like 10k is reasonable for a tourney ticket, however back when we had a larger pop there could be like 12 events a day sometimes. That means if you joined in all of them you would make 120k, granted you would need to win or be on the winning team. I cannot say why the price dropped on them but I can say it was a good call. Personally I think people should join for fun over reward... greedy kids these days.

As for more rewards with tickets, I am all for that. R/R items are fine with me, as long as they aren't newbied.

One thing that bothers me and I would personally change if it were up to me is the fact that the tickets and stones are assumed to revolve around pvp. I find it quite impossible to solely define the tickets and rewards as pvp related even though others do. Truth be told, some events do not require pvp skills to win and nobody gripes about them having tickets as rewards. For instance, CTF isn't just about pvp nor does it have to have anything to do with it if you don't want to. One player can just attempt to make runs for the flag without ever trying to fight, yet they will get a pvp reward if they win. Same goes with team pvp events. I have witnessed people get prizes after not doing a thing, like in 1v1 reps a players turn may never even come up and yet they will get a pvp reward. Then people have the nerve to gripe over a specific non-pvp event getting a ticket. Truth be told, tickets and the rewards should be renamed to Event tickets and Event rewards.

Of course if they have to be pvp rewards then I think it is only right that I make a similar reward system for non-pvp events. Since I know some people refuse to accept change or adapt to help better the shard, this might be the only way to do it. Events should simply be events, they should not separate players, nor exclude anyone in any way.

I would agree with the fact that some of the rewards on the stone aren't worth the price and need to be reconsidered. On the other hand, if we go back to having several events a day then they are pretty well priced. Well except that one reward for minus a kill.

As for scheduled events. I have tried this in the past as well as seen other staff do it and then things come up in rl where it delays us or makes us have to cancel. This really just gets players angry and can even make it seem like we lied about something or didn't care. When such a situation happens, its almost as if we need to spill our personal lives on the table and see if certain players accept it as a valid excuse. I personally try not to do this anymore because I don't want players logging off angry or disappointed plus I don't like hearing all the gripes about how an event should come before my life.

Anyways, theres a response for ya :p

CTF - is a PvP event:p I mean, try to put people who doesnt know how to pvp in one team, and the ones who does in other - and u will see who'll win. A guy who takes flag always should know how to survive/pvp even if he doesnt want to fight. Yeah, maybe rest of a team will get free reward. But cmon, its just 1 team ticket in 50% of a times. Its a reward for participation. Anyway it'll take years to collect 4-5 tourney tickets if u'll make them untradable.
Also I think if staff want to make just "event tickets" they should add new type of ticks and new prize stone. But not that good rewards there. Cause really, winning maze or looting more than other ppl in treasure hunt doesnt require any skill. Just luck and good scripts;p
Cause i personally think there should be rewards for PvP events, to motivate people to pvp and so on. And i think you shouldn't be able to trade PvP tickets:/

Treasure hunts and monster bashes take the same amount of know-how, just in a different field. There is no reason why they should be less rewarded. Figuring out some of my treasure hunts took people hours and that dungeon addon event I did took people days to find.

As far as what I was saying with ctf, I just see spamming gheal/reflect as non-pvp oriented. That doesn't take skill at all really and yet I have seen people score that way without ever fighting back. I wasn't saying it shouldn't be considered a pvp event I was trying to point out the flaw in regarding to tickets as a pvp only reward.

About treasure hunts i have nothing againest having special prizes for it - but why u need to give em tickets? And about monster bashes... What do u need to know to loot the last mob at the end? Tickets are usaully there, btw
I mean, then we need pvp rewards. Why i CANT get shroud robe by any other method besides RP but u can get BEST pvp reward ever by hunting/buying tickets?
Also, about ctf - have u really seen anyone who doesnt know how to pvp bringing a flag to base by spamming GH/Reflect when at least 2 decent pvpers was trying to kill him? usaully only PvPers know how to avoid attacks/heal/reflect. Cause u need to know when u should scroll gh, when u should regular gh, when u should reflect and when u should reflect scroll to stay with mana + trying to hide from LoS and quick magic arrow on urself when u being paralyzed at same time. Just check - in 95% of a times only PvPers bringing flags to the base;p And when someone who doesnt know how to do pvp have done it, then it means - pvpers were healing/reflecting him and paralyzing players from other team.
I was joining those events loads of times, and trust me i never had problems with killing/taking flag from someone who knows nothing about pvp

Well I actually never give tickets out for treasure hunts but I do for races, death by dice, and other events like them. I suppose I can make a new reward system for it and if x% shows up I can give them a special prize as well from now on.

As for RP rewards, you can get it if you want but you just don't want to. With pvp events a player has to be the best or one of the best to get a reward most of the time. How is that fair? RP is earned by acting maturely and defining your character as if it were a real person, anyone can do this. Not everyone can be the best pvper though. Its only fair that people who have no skills in pvp can still try and eventually earn the same rewards without being great at it. Like I said though, I can just make a system for non-pvp events that works the same but that just adds more work and trouble. Instead of making the current pvp rewards better and renamed to event rewards, I will have to make a new system for alternate types of events and after I balance that out I will bother with the pvp ones if nobody else does it. I was just trying to save on the work, cut back on additional scripts and come to a compromise but obviously that won't work here. Not saying I will actually do this but I just might have to, to make sure everything is fair for everyone. The best pvpers should not be showered in gifts while the best hunters or thinkers are screwed over prize wise.