Imagine Nation Forums
Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) (/showthread.php?tid=3207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - maka - 12-04-2008

As a lot of our players have gone inactive, we also ask you to let them know about this topic. Even if they are not playing here right now, but might some time in the future, direct them here. We are once again trying to hit huge numbers, and we want it to stick this time, so we need all the help we can get!

As the staff is in the process of balancing loots, we ask you, the players, for suggestions on what needs to be done. We are essentially interested in every piece of information that we can get, as long as it is relevant to a change that can be done.

All off topic posts will be deleted, only thing that we want in this thread is suggestions (according to the below template) and comments on other peoples suggestions. Only write a comment on someone else's post if you disagree, we do not need agreeing replies.

The scale in which you will grading the monsters is from -5 to +5, with 0 as neutral/no change required. -5 means that something is way too little/low/easy and +5 means way too much/high/hard. All grades are referring to the current state of the monster, meaning your opinion of how it is right now.

It is important to know that we do not want all monsters to be one and the same, diversity makes hunting a lot more fun. Please keep that in mind when ever you pick a value and give balancing suggestions. It is also necessary to let us know when a monster is too good (as in gives way to good loot in relation to the effort it required.

Copy and paste the below template and fill it in. Fields marked with underscore are required, fields marked with italic and a (*) are optional. You do not need to format (add style) your templates.

[SIZE="5"]Template[/SIZE]
Code:
[U]Type/Name:[/U]
[U]Strength:[/U]
[I]Balancing suggestions(*):[/I]
[U]Loot:[/U]
[I]Balancing suggestions(*):[/I]
[U]Time to kill:[/U]
[U]Hunting value:[/U]
[I]Method used(*):[/I]
[I]Free-text suggestions(*):[/I]

[SIZE="5"]Template explanation[/SIZE]
Type/Name: Type or name of the monster. Type is always easier for us, but you might only know the name. E.g. "Balron" vs "Slush Puppy the Evil One".
Strength: How hard the monster is to kill, does not only refer to stats/skills. Dispelling or a lot of flame strikes could be a factor in monster strength.
Balancing suggestions(*): How to change monster strength, all from adding/removing stats to changing speeds and spells.
Loot: The loot that you've gotten from the monster.
Balancing suggestions(*): Adding/removing stuff. Changing drop chances etc.
Time to kill: Average time it has taken for you to kill it.
Hunting value: How worth is it hunting this monster, compared to others.
Method used(*): EVs, BS, bows, poisonous daggers, hiding behind walls and shooting etc.
Free-text suggestions(*): What ever else suggestion (to the specific monster) that doesn't fit in the above columns.

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Ryuuku - 12-04-2008

+4
Type/Name: Destard Guardian (Ancient Wyrm but alot more stronger)
Strength: 45 bs scroll, 20/27 vortex, 3 players (one with a +20 vanq bow other two with elven bow), alot mana pots and arrows.
Balancing suggestions(*): None
Loot: 3k and a power wepon
Balancing suggestions(*): Add more Gold, Randon Vanq, Fortification Armor
Time to kill: 10/15 min ( 3 people)
Hunting value: NO WORTH, with the resourcer used here I could kill 3 crypt keeper that drop the same thing as the Guardian.
Method used(*): Ev's, BS, Bows
Free-text suggestions(*): Was fun until see the lot, only thing I thing that need to change is the lot.

+2
Type/Name: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: He dispell everything and Cast alot fs until get out of mana (****ing Hard)
Balancing suggestions(*): none
Loot: 300 gold
Balancing suggestions(*): More Gold (More gold than dragons , 2k gold) and a Power Wepon
Time to kill: 10 min (2 man)
Hunting value: None, the lot dont pay the arrows used
Method used(*): Bows
Free-text suggestions(*): --------

+2
Type/Name: Shadow Wyrm
Strength: He dispell everything and Cast alot fs until get out of mana
Balancing suggestions(*): None
Loot: Same as skeletal dragon.
Balancing suggestions(*): More Gold (More gold than dragons , 2k gold) and a Power Wepon
Time to kill: 7min (3 people)
Hunting value: None, the lot dont pay the arrows used
Method used(*): Bows
Free-text suggestions(*): ---------

I could compair every of those monster with Xtreme Lich that I need only one vortex ( if I heal the Vortex) to kill, and have a good lot 2.1k Gold and Xtreme Armor.

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Gang-Bang - 12-04-2008

well, i dont agree that destard guardian as hard as you say. I can kill him alone with elven bow/50bs scrolls/10-15ev scrolls in 10min. All what u need just spam bs scrolls first, like 30, then like 5ev and hit from bow. But as i already said in some topic there are Dark Guardian( Dunno with what mob i can compare it , i think its unique, placed somewhere in wrong, hardest mob ingame) who drop same loot and u need whole shard to kill him, by whole i dont mean our currently online status, but like 10-15ppl min, im curious how many str does he have, cos he kills in one hit even when u are polymorphed, he has life leech so dont even try to summon him, and he placed in SUCH a small room that u really dont have a chance to survive;p;p I dont know about other mobs, didnt hunt so much at different places, but i think for first time you need to make atleast 3-5 decent hunting spots(by this i mean tweak destard guardian loot and so on). + if there will be BEST hunting spots, u might find people there even with so low players online

Thank you guys! Gang, could you make a "formal" post on the guardian, makes it easier for us to view later, as we are most likely changing a lot of mobs.

Please keep this topic flowing, and remember, send it off to your friends that were unhappy with loots too. We want the shard back at least at a stable 150 clients again.

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Shai - 12-04-2008

Yeah thanks boys! <3.

Help us help you! Big Grin

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Drama - 12-04-2008

the only thing worth hunting is extremes and there is only like 4 dragon spawns 3 ogre spawns and 2 skellie spawns that sucks because everyone hunts those extremes

Need more input on these guys, you have a huge chance to make an impact here.

What monsters need changing? What monster have you fought, killed, and when you opened it, just felt like you've wasted your time? Please, do give us your input.

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Theo - 12-05-2008

somewhere mentioned before, Mongbats or even imps, when cut, they should drop batwings.

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Shade - 12-05-2008

Few quick suggestions :

Type/Name: Altageas
Strength: pretty strong
Balancing suggestions(*): lower damagemax by 5 and drop tactics by about 80
Loot: 600-750 gold, colored plate gloves, lesser magic armor (junk)
Balancing suggestions(*): add another 500-1000 gp and maybe some regs or gems
Time to kill: few minutes
Hunting value: not worth it
Method used(*): poison and/or scrolls

Type/Name: Ophidian Justicar
Strength: weak
Balancing suggestions(*): add 100 hp and up damagemax by 5
Loot: 350-400 gold & a few regs
Balancing suggestions(*): add 100-150 gp
Time to kill: a minute
Hunting value: low
Method used(*): melee or summon
Free-text suggestions(*): same loot as zealot but slightly stronger

Type/Name: Daemon Knight
Strength: mediocre
Loot: 750 gold
Balancing suggestions(*): add 50-100 more gold, full spellbook and maybe gems
Time to kill: a minute
Method used(*): summons
Free-text suggestions(*): stronger then daemon yet low upgrade from loot

Type/Name: Balron
Strength: above average
Loot: 800-950 gold, full spellbook
Balancing suggestions(*): add 100-250 gold
Time to kill: 2 minutes
Hunting value: medium
Method used(*): summon and melee

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - maka - 12-05-2008

WOHOBig Grin Now we are on are on a roll again, keep them coming peopleBig Grin!

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - imported_Ryuuku - 12-05-2008

Type/Name: Vampire Lord
Strength: Medium
Balancing suggestions(*): Add more str, Imune to poison ( I dont remember if can poison it)
Loot: 600+ gold
Balancing suggestions(*): Add more gold and his armor on loot
Time to kill: 2 min
Method used(*): Summon Vortex and Ranged
Free-text suggestions(*): I wanna see they armor with new players around the world

Your opinion on loots and monsters (help us!) - maka - 12-05-2008

Remember to comment on other peoples suggestions if you do not agree with them.