Imagine Nation Forums
name changes - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: name changes (/showthread.php?tid=3154)

Pages: 1 2

name changes - imported_Drama - 11-03-2008

tell me if this is a good idea or not, we should instill name change deeds that be sold, for a formidable price for people who want to change their names, due to harrassment, dont want people to know who they are, or are just plain unhappy with the name they picked

name changes - imported_Ryuuku - 11-03-2008

Think twice for pick a name , its for the rest of your life!!!

name changes - imported_Nasir - 11-03-2008

I'm gonna go with Not.

name changes - imported_Drama - 11-03-2008

Nasir Wrote:I'm gonna go with Not.

please bless us with an explanation why this wouldnt be able to happen?

name changes - maka - 11-03-2008

There were some quite emotional debates when the server started if name changes were supposed to be allowed or not. The decision ended up in a no.

The reason for this is that when we merged we took a bit of each server. We took the PvP and some misc things from XUO and tried to take as much of the game play from IN(:R). The reason to why IN didn't have name changes is cause they wanted ones reputation to be a part of your character, meaning you can't act like a pick if you do not want to be treated like one. This is also why we do not have them on IN:X.

I'm not from the IN part of the merge though, so there might be more to it.

Also, if someone is harassing you, page a GM and they will take action.

name changes - imported_Nasir - 11-04-2008

maka Wrote:meaning you can't act like a prick if you do not want to be treated like one

That's about it Smile

name changes - imported_Drama - 11-04-2008

Nasir Wrote:That's about it Smile

yes sir i understand that your absolutely right, i am starting a rp story, and batman is not very suitable for my story lol i wil live with it thgouh

name changes - imported_Ryuuku - 11-04-2008

Drama Wrote:yes sir i understand that your absolutely right, i am starting a rp story, and batman is not very suitable for my story lol i wil live with it thgouh

Oh Man, I know what you talking about :doubt:

name changes - imported_Drama - 11-04-2008

Ryuuku Wrote:Oh Man, I know what you talking about :doubt:

i submitted my story already and i definitly want to get into character but batman is not a suitable name for this part is there anyway i can change it or do something i cannot start over a new characgter though

name changes - imported_Taran - 11-04-2008

I'm afraid starting a new character is the only way you will get a new name.

name changes - imported_Duke - 11-04-2008

I'm pretty sure you were able to change your name for RP purposes on IN. If hes trying to RP, has a name like "Batman" (LOL!) and it doesn't seem like he's trying to escape his reputation I cant see why not.

* edit I have a mule called spiderman, just for laughs so that I could kill people and laugh "haha owned by spiderman" but if that was my main ...

name changes - imported_Gang-Bang - 11-04-2008

what about name "Gang-Bang" then...) What kind of story can i write lol)
And worst thing is... i changed name on xuo for like one month, just for fun. I could make name changes everyday there... it was just 150k. Which is ~30min on xuo) And then i went off for like month. When i get back xuo forums were shutted down already and so on. When i logged on In-x first time i wasnt able to change my name, i could just transfer character... I've asked alot about namechanges when i just started, but my requests was refused) Im not really complaining, but still i was kinda dissapointed when staff told me that i will stay with this name forever)