Imagine Nation Forums
Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? (/showthread.php?tid=3148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_MadTaco - 10-30-2008

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I come to these boards to ask a relatively simple question, with a slight pleading undertone to it. I played on Imagine Nation 2 as Brugg Breakback, The Divine Arts, and Muerte (yes, they were all the same person), and it was probably the best 2 years of UO I'd ever played. I miss that. I miss it SO much.

Anyway, are there any plans on ever reinstating a similar server? Imagine Nation 2 was perfect in every possible way. Normal stat and skill gains, no insurance, open PvP, and it kept the relatively cool stuff from AOS and SE and filtered out the rest of the garbage.

So - will we ever see an IN3? I know for a fact that there are players out there like myself that would rejoin IN in a heartbeat, and would even gladly give donations to support the project. I donated 50 dollars to IN2 without a second thought whenever it was feared that the server might be going down ages ago.

If the answer is no, never, no way, then does anyone know of any servers out there that match this criteria? I miss UO, and I miss it terribly. IN:X doesn't seem like a bad server at all, it's just not style of UO. I am definitely a purist. Straightforward OSI-style skill gains, no insurance, not too many wacky customized server items, etc.

Thank you and best regards to all my old friends still in the IN community -

Brugg Breakback/Muerte/The Divine Arts/MadTaco

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Taran - 10-30-2008

Well you would have to ask Coldrake about that.
But I'm 99.9% sure there won't be an Imagine Nation 3.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Jiraiya - 10-30-2008

Sorry whats exactly so different about INX compared to IN2?

Your never gunna find the EXACT same UO experiance you had. Mainly because so much of UO is based on the community. The gameplay here sounds almost identical to what your talking about so why not just grab all those old IN2 friends of yours and start here? Or am I missing some monumentally huge difference that completely changes the gameplay?
Btw I kinda doubt your gunna get anyone telling you other shards to go to when players are needed here. No point in advertising for other shards.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_MadTaco - 10-31-2008

I'll admit I haven't logged onto IN:X yet and tested it for myself. How fast is the skill gain here? Does it use 700/225 caps? Would a purist enjoy themselves here, or am I out of luck?

Better yet, I should just log on sometime and check it out myself. I'm just really nostalgic when I think of IN2.

MadTaco

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - maka - 10-31-2008

A purist would love it here, just have to be the right kind of puristTongue

No cap.
Skill gain is challenging, but not to slow.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 10-31-2008

IN2 was mostly a stock RunUO installation.

I think UOGamers:Hybrid was pretty close, if I remember correctly... Phantasyas is still up also. Phantasya, the last time I logged on, had essentially the same gameplay as IN2 except with more RP stuff.

It's ok to suggest those shards right? I mean he's obviously looking for something entirely different than IN:X.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Jiraiya - 10-31-2008

Sorry about my earlier post, I for some reason had assumed IN2 was a sphereshard, my bad!
Ya there is a big difference in gameplay between an osi replica and sphere, but try it, ya might like it Smile

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - pengsuplol - 11-01-2008

MadTaco Wrote:Brugg Breakback/Muerte/The Divine Arts/MadTaco

i remembre u vaguely lol~
esham/verzais/doende/ some others

Nasir Wrote:IN2 was mostly a stock RunUO installation.

I think UOGamers:Hybrid was pretty close, if I remember correctly... Phantasyas is still up also. Phantasya, the last time I logged on, had essentially the same gameplay as IN2 except with more RP stuff.

idk about phantasya never played it but hybrid is pre uor era-ish (no special resists procs iten stats yadayada) and in2 was AoS maybe u mean demise which was aos w/ insurance and trammel~~

dont think u will see another in2 bro~

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-01-2008

oh yea... it was Demise

I think I remember joining some Brazilian guild... me and Vixen did a champ and when the champ died only Vixen was alive. All the powerscrolls went to her pack.

That was a win.

but yea it had Trammel and insurance.

You won't see IN2 again Sad ...sorry. The saves are gone, the decoration is mostly gone, and more importantly... most of the players are gone.

-Erzsebet Bathory

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Drama - 11-01-2008

Nasir Wrote:IN2 was mostly a stock RunUO installation.

It's ok to suggest those shards right? I mean he's obviously looking for something entirely different than IN:X.

OH THE BLASPHEMY, what a stab in the back im really dissappointed i thought i never would see the day when a staff member, A STAFF MEMBER, recomending and poster boarding for other shards. *pulls the trigger*

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-01-2008

I don't see what's wrong with it.
He's looking for features our server will never have.

It's not like I'm recommending an IN1 clone or something.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Rabbi Samild - 11-01-2008

Drama Wrote:OH THE BLASPHEMY, what a stab in the back im really dissappointed i thought i never would see the day when a staff member, A STAFF MEMBER, recomending and poster boarding for other shards. *pulls the trigger*

Hybrid/Divinity = Teh Gay.

The gameplay is epic shit and on Div they've decided to revert to back in the day when you can't have mounts. Seriously, who the **** wants to run between places?!

Kal Vas Flam [FLAMESTRIKE], orly? Thanks, nub.

Regards.