Imagine Nation Forums
Discussion on loot - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Discussion on loot (/showthread.php?tid=2134)

Pages: 1 2

Discussion on loot - imported_Tabion - 12-06-2007

Anyone who has hunted around the world has most likely noticed that some loots are just not balanced. This is no ones fault and this is why beta is in place but a few corrections need to be made.

I have spent the last few days collecting information and averaging out the amount of loot everything drops. I would bet that I missed a few monsters here and there but I think I covered a large majority of it. I have posted a chart from the database I made at http://www.geocities.com/master_tabion/loot.html and hopefully this will help everyone pinpoint the issues at hand.

A few mentionable fixes that need to be made (in my opinion) are:
Titans dropping about 100-150 gold too much
Ogre Lords dropping about 400 too little (they are harder then dragons)
Vampires drop about 100 too much
Vampire Lords drop about 200 too little (in comparison to vampires)
Altegeas drops half what it should (also much harder then a dragon)
Ettin Lords loot is good but should be made a bit tougher
Wyverns drop about 100 too little
Scorpion Queen needs to drop about 800 gold instead of its average 50ish

Those are just some of the imbalances I have noticed. Hopefully everyone can use this information to contribute to corrections if they feel that any are needed. I know there are a few things that drop too much and can be abused, like the titans since they can be provoked easily, and this is why I went to the trouble. Everyone states that the economy is ruined or needs fixing and I feel this may help.

The figures in my chart are averaged out, normally based on 5-10 kills and rounded to the nearest 10th, but if anyone sees any incorrect data please let me know so it can be corrected. Also, if there are any monsters I failed to add please name them so I can collect data on them. I have also collected additional drop information that may be added at a later date if I see people actually wanting to see a correction or helping to solve any imbalances.

Discussion on loot - imported_Brandon - 12-06-2007

Kill the Tentacles of the Harrower in Khaldun. It's very disappointing. Sad

Discussion on loot - imported_SombraX - 12-06-2007

All monsters should give loads of money

Discussion on loot - imported_Colena - 12-06-2007

Tabion, I think you have presented your point so well and with such well researched information that there's not much to discuss.

I think that a hunter should be able to make a living just like a crafter and the loot tables should be adjusted to make that so. Gods, please listen to this man!

It's refreshing to read your intelligent post. Thank you, Tabion!

Discussion on loot - imported_Horacio - 12-06-2007

Good contribution to the beta Tab, let me know if you need help.

Discussion on loot - imported_Hiroshima - 12-06-2007

Really nice table, but are you sure Barney drops 9400gp??? Because i killed it once but it was long time ago and it didnt dropped more than 2k. And you are missing the Guardian of Destard and the Dark Guardian.

Discussion on loot - imported_Lederoil - 12-06-2007

Where is Barney anyway?

Ice dungeon level 3

Discussion on loot - imported_Tabion - 12-06-2007

Barney was a typo, sorry about that. I killed him about 10 times and averaged out his gold to be 940.

I will update the list soon with those creatures I have forgotten and be sure to let me know of anything I may have missed.

Ok, ill kill the guardian of destard and tell you the loot.

Discussion on loot - imported_Kitiara - 12-07-2007

Seen the table.. i saw this:

Ancient Liche 660gps! 2 lvl 6-7
Wtf is that real? lol how can an ancient Liche can give 660 gps when a lich lord gives the same.

I dont know if the ancient liches are the lichs called arzu or barbatoz names like that that with their flames takes 75 hps... and they also give a shit loot.
ancient liches should give much more cos are harder than a dragon almost for me lol. and dragons dont cast spells that hits u 75 hps... lol so u will have to consider that.

Also special monsters the vampire altageas for gods sake he is a flame machine and if u are near uff it hit hard and he gives a shit loot...
there is a special daemon in deceit that gave me the same loot as a normal daemon and was harder than a normal one, i dont know the name.. was blue.

And the tentacles of harrower Omg lol what a bullshit loot haha Tongue well its a monster that doenst moves... but u take a long time to kill it Wink

ancient wyrm also should be looked i think i remember it gave me a shit loot, thats all for now folks! Wink
see u

Discussion on loot - imported_Shadok - 12-07-2007

Aye the ancient lich defently ain't worth the time. It's one of the if not the hardest monster to kill, almost endless mana and some nasty FS's