Imagine Nation Forums
Staff At Night *Suggestion* - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Staff At Night *Suggestion* (/showthread.php?tid=1875)

Pages: 1 2

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_ScareCrow - 11-15-2007

Hello,

It's just a suggestion cuz i play late at night (Eastern Time) where there are a bunch of active players and i notice that if you page or anything there's always like 15 pages before yours because there's no staff online... or also, nothing goes on atm at night because of this. I haven't got to join a rep tour yet because of my hours in school and at work, im just curious if any staff will be implentented to this time period because it would be nice for even the insomniacs to get alittle rep action or pvp action going on Big Grin.

Thank You.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Tiesto - 11-15-2007

you can say we are working on it right now, today a new cons just joined the team , his name is Hawk if you havent noticed. and we will getting some more to cover that Smile

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Elcid - 11-15-2007

Tiesto Wrote:you can say we are working on it right now, today a new cons just joined the team , his name is Hawk if you havent noticed. and we will getting some more to cover that Smile

Hes GMT -5 though...

This is what the staff timezones are atm

Sweden etc (europe)
GMT +1
GMT +1
GMT +1
GMT +1
GMT +1
GMT +1

Australasia etc
GMT +13
GMT +12

America etc
GMT -4
GMT -5 - Inactive
GMT -5 - Inactive

GMT -5
GMT -5
GMT -5
GMT -6

Thats where the gap is. Scarecrow plays in th gaps when most of the europe people are sleeping and the americans are at work or soemthing Tongue

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Hawk - 11-15-2007

I can help during the weekends mostly on this one. I have work during the week days.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_ScareCrow - 11-15-2007

ok kool, that would be nice. thank you.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Elcid - 11-15-2007

Hawk Wrote:I can help during the weekends mostly on this one. I have work during the week days.

Good to hear Smile

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Vulcan - 11-16-2007

Also the reason you see such a long queue at that time is twofold.

People page for certain staff that are asleep and we leave those pages for them to answer when they get up. Thus the queue appears long.

Also there is a gap of time between the europe GMs go to sleep and the american ones come on. In that gap some people page and then log out or go afk. We don't delete those either.

These two largely effect the long queue that you see.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Nemo - 11-16-2007

How about this suggestion.

Make rules to paging.

No paging for a specific staff member ( I have done this)
Be specific, Pages like COME HURRY! Will be deleted.
Also delete pages if the people are off line. If it is important they will page again once they come on.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Silverwolf - 11-16-2007

Or how about we make a different system, where lets say, theres .page, and then theres like .spage (saved pages). Those pages are for other gms to look at when they log on or just ment for another gm to take care of. so that way the queued pages wont look so bad to people who are looking at it.

Basically making another area with another command where pages can be put so the public dont see it as a lot of pages.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Tabion - 11-16-2007

Silverwolf Wrote:Or how about we make a different system, where lets say, theres .page, and then theres like .spage (saved pages). Those pages are for other gms to look at when they log on or just ment for another gm to take care of. so that way the queued pages wont look so bad to people who are looking at it.

Basically making another area with another command where pages can be put so the public dont see it as a lot of pages.

Yeah I like this idea. General pages can just be sent as .page but when you need to speak to a specific staff member or let them know something it would be nice to send them a specific page. These pages wouldn't go into queued as silverwolf said and it would help the staff be a bit more efficient as well.
A nice little command like .page_taran & .page_maka for example would be cool. That way we can all drive them nuts.

Then again people might like to speak with specific staff and page directly to a certain gm even though any staff could solve the issue.
Would be a nice system but it depends if the staff wants to deal with people spam paging them about stuff other staff could have handled...

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - maka - 11-16-2007

I specifically get a lot of pages that any other staff member can solve. Feature would be great, but I do not think that people would be able to refrain from paging me or taran.

Staff At Night *Suggestion* - imported_Tabion - 11-16-2007

Well you two put out the most so you can't blame us maka.

I can think of a few suggestions similar to this one but honestly I think they would all be misused.

But just maybe... there could be a way to page about a non serious issue that didn't go into the queue and could be handled more as a to do list. For example, if I was to find a glitched area I could page the coords of it and a brief explanation of whats wrong and this type of page wouldn't be set with the rest but rather added as a memo.

Just a thought.