Imagine Nation Forums
Banner contest! - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Banner contest! (/showthread.php?tid=1358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Banner contest! - imported_Fable - 10-09-2007

maka Wrote:I really like it veno, think the background is cool.

yeh i guess it was pretty cool, maybe just add some red/yellow colored fire?

Banner contest! - imported_Lederoil - 10-09-2007

Veno Wrote:Here's just something i whipped up.

I dont like the text font at the bottom much. Its too blurry and hard to read at this size.

The background picture isnt optimal because its too bright from the start. Hard to make it look decent without alot more editing.

If anyone has a bunch of nice fonts then i want them! :lol:

Sorry to say, but I think it is very ugly. The background, the color on the font... Everything is just ugly, in my opinion. I thought I had a "too bright monitor", but the colors in your banner are very dark, especially the font, which should be appealing. The fonts are fuzzy and hard to read. And what is up with the background picture? A snake?

What I would like to see in the banner background is medieval details. Drawed pictures of Castle? a Fantasy world? Smithing/weapons? Hmm...

A clean font, bright colors, easy to read.

Banner contest! - imported_Pande - 10-10-2007

not bad veno, but i like the xuo2 banner. it had brighter colors so it was more "eye catching" i would say. nice try all the same Smile. we appreciate your efforts

Banner contest! - imported_Elcid - 10-10-2007

Lederoil Wrote:Sorry to say, but I think it is very ugly. The background, the color on the font... Everything is just ugly, in my opinion. I thought I had a "too bright monitor", but the colors in your banner are very dark, especially the font, which should be appealing. The fonts are fuzzy and hard to read. And what is up with the background picture? A snake?

What I would like to see in the banner background is medieval details. Drawed pictures of Castle? a Fantasy world? Smithing/weapons? Hmm...

A clean font, bright colors, easy to read.

Wether you like it or not is irrevelant.. he made an effort which is more than we can say for you.

Why dont you make one? Wink

@Veno

It looks good. But the writing isnt jumping out at us... maybe add a glow arround it or a slight change in font color so its a bit easier on the eyes. Other than it looks pretty good Big Grin

Banner contest! - imported_Elcid - 10-10-2007

Pande Wrote:not bad veno, but i like the xuo2 banner. it had brighter colors so it was more "eye catching" i would say. nice try all the same Smile. we appreciate your efforts

Yeah but that xuo2 "banner" is a website banner... not something we would use on the Voting sites. Thats what this competition is for... the banners for the voting sites.

Banner contest! - imported_Pande - 10-10-2007

i think the plan is to adapt it for a voting site banner Big Grin

Banner contest! - imported_Veno - 10-10-2007

Well i dont like bright colors. I dont think that it fits with what this is supposed to represent. A game that is dark and gloomy with adventures and evil.
Too many bright colors just doesnt represent that in a convincing manner. No it has to be mainly dark with not too much bright text.
Ill try and fiddle a bit more with my try today and see if i can make it a little nicer.

Banner contest! - imported_Hate - 10-10-2007

Veno Wrote:Here's just something i whipped up.

I dont like the text font at the bottom much. Its too blurry and hard to read at this size.

The background picture isnt optimal because its too bright from the start. Hard to make it look decent without alot more editing.

If anyone has a bunch of nice fonts then i want them! :lol:

First off I want to say thanks for making an effort to create a banner for us.

I however think that we need an banner which is playing in a whole different league than thisone tho. I'd like to see an banner similar to the xuo2-webiste-top-picture but as an banner, and I don't think almost any of us here at the shard would be able to create one of those. That does not however mean that we are not good in photoshop, it just means that Keez owns and that I want an real owange banner for IN-X ;p

I wouldn't get all jumpy in my seat of I saw this banner at the top200-site I'm afraid.. and I want the players to feel that way when they see it, so that they just haaave to click it.

Anyways thnx for trying to create an banner for us, it's appreciated :]

Regards,
Hate

P.S: Keez said he'd make an banner that suits IN-X, however he's pretty slow at gettting started, so lets just hope it's done in a near future ;p D.S

Hate Wrote:First off I want to say thanks for making an effort to create a banner for us.

I however think that we need an banner which is playing in a whole different league than thisone tho. I'd like to see an banner similar to the xuo2-webiste-top-picture but as an banner, and I don't think almost any of us here at the shard would be able to create one of those. That does not however mean that we are not good in photoshop, it just means that Keez owns and that I want an real owange banner for IN-X ;p

I wouldn't get all jumpy in my seat of I saw this banner at the top200-site I'm afraid.. and I want the players to feel that way when they see it, so that they just haaave to click it.

Anyways thnx for trying to create an banner for us, it's appreciated :]

Regards,
Hate

P.S: Keez said he'd make an banner that suits IN-X, however he's pretty slow at gettting started, so lets just hope it's done in a near future ;p D.S

Well i personally dont like that xuo2 banner. Its far too "bling bling here look at me" for my taste.
But im not choosing what will be picked i just gave my idea even though you seem to have choosen a winner already.

Im done with the remake and changed most things but kept the snake in the background cause i like it kinda.

Banner contest! - imported_Lederoil - 10-10-2007

Elcid Wrote:Wether you like it or not is irrevelant.. he made an effort which is more than we can say for you.

Why dont you make one? Wink

@Veno

It looks good. But the writing isnt jumping out at us... maybe add a glow arround it or a slight change in font color so its a bit easier on the eyes. Other than it looks pretty good Big Grin

If he makes a banner, and uploads it, he was for sure expecting people to give him their opinions. My opinion is as relevant as yours, or everyone else's. I don't make one, because, first of all, I don't have photoshop installed. Second of all, I would problably not make a good one myself.

To make one thing clear; You do not have to be better, to give constructive criticism!

Banner contest! - imported_Hate - 10-10-2007

Veno Wrote:Well i personally dont like that xuo2 banner. Its far too "bling bling here look at me" for my taste.
But im not choosing what will be picked i just gave my idea even though you seem to have choosen a winner already.

Im done with the remake and changed most things but kept the snake in the background cause i like it kinda.

Nah I haven't chosen a winner, even tho I doubt anybody will be able to make an as nice banner (in my eyes) as the XUO2 logo. However if you'd be able to make one then I'd gladly say "hurray! lets use thisone!", until then I will have to say no if I get to decide =/

I don't think the "all-regular fonts" and the green colors matches with a gray background at all, it just feels weird and pretty "simple" to me to be honest with you. Same goes for the red font with the outer-glow and inner-glow.. it just feels "too simple" and doesn't match the background either.. :/ I'm not trying to be mean at all, I just want the sexiest banner ever, and I will be honest about what I think about the banners that are being created, even tho I appreciate it bigtime that you put the effort info making one that you think would suit us :]

I personally don't think the XUO2 banner is too much "bling bling", but that's just my taste though.

Lederoil Wrote:To make one thing clear; You do not have to be better, to give constructive criticism!
I agree with that, especially in this case. Everybodys opinion matters when it comes to something that is suppose to attract new players, not just the ones that "knows how to make even better banners", that's just silly.

Regards,
Hate

Well i cant make it much different when using that background so ill let my 2 tries be my entries unless i can find a better background picture.

I was just on a course in basic photoshop so i need to use it to learn more hehe Smile