Imagine Nation Forums
A new event. Give me your ideas. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A new event. Give me your ideas. (/showthread.php?tid=1290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_ScareCrow - 08-29-2007

Pande Wrote:you might all get ganked though :/

by me :evil:

A new event. Give me your ideas. - Bl00dH0unD - 10-20-2007

a horse run, like yankovic did back in the daysBig Grin

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Pande - 10-20-2007

as fun as that *could* be, its not a skill based event. its more of a gift for the player with the fastest or least laggy connection.

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Valas - 10-21-2007

So all events need to depend on who macros what more?

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Pande - 10-21-2007

i think you misunderstood me. as far as pvp oriented events like rep, regs, death matches, color wars; i meant skill as in your skill level at pvp; are you good or bad. not how much skills your char has (although certain spells do help due to our advanced system). in an event like capture the flag the major factor is strategy, pvp helps aswell.

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Joe Black - 10-21-2007

Nasir Wrote:Yea, the only ideas I could come up with was a new system that's sort of like OSI's existing factions. The thing is: I'd like to refrain from 'physical' (as physical as a virtual item can get) rewards such as silver, faction mounts, faction robes, etc...

If I allowed control over a city, there could not be any side effects of the event that alters the gameplay of the server significantly without a lot of planning from Azrael and Taran. I would like to stay away from major changes like that.

Again, I'd like crafters and merchants to be able to contribute also.

I'll be honest and say my ultimate goal is a way to steer some of our playerbase away from random ganking and back to order/chaos.

i say for each side a gm gives a specific amount of resources (cant b anything really aslong as both sides have the same amount) the amount could be decided according to how many people of each side r present. from there the crafters must communicate with his warriors + mages etc to what gear they need and craft that for them. however!!!! theres a twist the gm must give an amount that doesnt allow each side to have the best of everything. make the amount so either all the fighters have the same gear (if they r to have the same gear with limited amount of supplies, thus meaning their all going to have crap gear). so players will have to co-operate together eg. some people who wanna go melle have plate armour, mages and archers wear nothing? but keep ranged weapons to sacrifice for the teams greater good so that the melle fighters have the best possible armour if u get my drift etc etc. oh yeh all start off naked or with robes to resemble which side their on.

ps. if u dont get me i can spend more time explaining

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Pande - 10-21-2007

fun stuff Smile that will be a long and hard event if you don't co-operate well Smile makes for a nice change from some of the speed style pvp events we are bringing from xuo Big Grin

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Cole - 10-22-2007

I would be interested in a horse run - just make an interesting, windy path (full of trees and bushes - maybe even traps).

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Skorpion - 10-22-2007

Cole Wrote:I would be interested in a horse run - just make an interesting, windy path (full of trees and bushes - maybe even traps).

Hear hear. You could do make it a bit more involved too. Like there is a dying princess who needs some medicine. The runners are all order and are trying to bring her that medicine. Chaos people are trying to stop them in their tracks. Chaos get 750gp for each person they drop. Runners get 1500gp if they reach the end. If chaos drops all the runners they get something of value from the princess's dead corpse. If the order save her they are rewarded something by he princess.

A new event. Give me your ideas. - maka - 10-22-2007

Skorpion Wrote:Hear hear. You could do make it a bit more involved too. Like there is a dying princess who needs some medicine. The runners are all order and are trying to bring her that medicine. Chaos people are trying to stop them in their tracks. Chaos get 750gp for each person they drop. Runners get 1500gp if they reach the end. If chaos drops all the runners they get something of value from the princess's dead corpse. If the order save her they are rewarded something by he princess.

I likesBig Grin

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Pande - 10-23-2007

Skorpion Wrote:Hear hear. You could do make it a bit more involved too. Like there is a dying princess who needs some medicine. The runners are all order and are trying to bring her that medicine. Chaos people are trying to stop them in their tracks. Chaos get 750gp for each person they drop. Runners get 1500gp if they reach the end. If chaos drops all the runners they get something of value from the princess's dead corpse. If the order save her they are rewarded something by he princess.

much better then the horse races we had on xuo Big Grin

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Cole - 10-24-2007

Hmm, that actually works quite well, because not even the order runners don't even have to fight necessarily (its more about running) so people who don't like pvp can participate too. Nice idea Skorp. Wink