Imagine Nation Forums
A new event. Give me your ideas. - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A new event. Give me your ideas. (/showthread.php?tid=1290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Nasir - 08-24-2007

So now that development is coming to a close, I've been thinking about new events we should make that are unique to IN:X. I'm not the most creative person in the world, so I'd like to hear your ideas.

I do have some guidelines for what I'm interested in making:

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_n0x* - 08-24-2007

The Antichrist has been sent down to the world of Sosaria, in order to gather a wicked army that will demolish all those who carry a good heart! Good versus Evil, the battle for an ever lasting race! Will sosaria's fate end with vampires roaming through space or will mankind live to defeat evil?

**** me, I have just gotten out of bed... Where is my morning cig >_<

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Valas - 08-24-2007

Go vamps.

Hey how about a battle for Britain between order and chaos? When order has control, there are guards, when chaos has control there are no guards.

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Tabion - 08-24-2007

Valas Wrote:Hey how about a battle for Britain between order and chaos? When order has control, there are guards, when chaos has control there are no guards.

Once a week at a designated time there would be good vs evil players, whatever side wins for that week will turn the town to that alignment.
Something like that Valas?

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Lindenwood - 08-24-2007

Tabion Wrote:Once a week at a designated time there would be good vs evil players, whatever side wins for that week will turn the town to that alignment.
Something like that Valas?

I think that's a really good idea!

Yea, the only ideas I could come up with was a new system that's sort of like OSI's existing factions. The thing is: I'd like to refrain from 'physical' (as physical as a virtual item can get) rewards such as silver, faction mounts, faction robes, etc...

If I allowed control over a city, there could not be any side effects of the event that alters the gameplay of the server significantly without a lot of planning from Azrael and Taran. I would like to stay away from major changes like that.

Again, I'd like crafters and merchants to be able to contribute also.

I'll be honest and say my ultimate goal is a way to steer some of our playerbase away from random ganking and back to order/chaos.

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Tabion - 08-24-2007

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't IN1 have that tribal war thing. I remember that being a blast and am almost positive that it was only on IN. Granted this isn't an original idea.
For those that don't know what I am refering to:
There would be two teams, starting out at oposite ends of a designated region. They would start with nothing at all, but there were ample resources around. Each team would find a couple pickaxes and smith hammers in a mine nearby, a chest with a dagger and sewing kit that had cows near and also a hatchet for cutting trees and a flectching tool. There may or may not have been random regs on the ground, but if so only a handful of certain ones. The leader would get like 10 bandages and everyone made their stuff and duked it out. You could spend your time building up weapons and armor or straight out ambush them as soon as it started. It was without a doubt one of the greatest events I played in.

As for something new, I would like to see the waters be put to some good use, like boat jousting or something. Close off a narrow passageway, have 4 people to a boat and have them sail at each other casting and shooting as fast as possible, trying to drop the captain of the ship with each pass. If he is still alive the boats turn around and give it another shot. I know this would be solely pvp based and might be a horrible idea, but maybe it will give someone a decent idea.

To be honest I am not sure I can come with an event that would make people want to fight more along the lines of order/chaos but I just wanted to see some great events invented or brought back.

I considered making a new tribal wars. That was a fun event. ;p

A new event. Give me your ideas. - MoustaxeOfVanquishin - 08-24-2007

yeh man, like AGE OF EMPIRE but with Ultima Online.
2 TEAMS, starting with absolutely NOTHING = naked and NOTHING.
There are 2 mines, 2 monster arenas, 2 forests.
and teams organize what everyone does, like someone says OK you go mine get us armor, you go lumberjack get us bows, etc.
and then the main idea of the event is to destroy a "mystical horse"(or any other shit" that the other team is guarding.
Like you'd have to invade they're territory and then find a way to kill the "horse" or something. so yeh, I am the monkey of greatness. BOW DOWN TO ME!

lolo
[photonman

A new event. Give me your ideas. - imported_Elcid - 08-24-2007

MoustaxeOfVanquishin Wrote:yeh man, like AGE OF EMPIRE but with Ultima Online.
2 TEAMS, starting with absolutely NOTHING = naked and NOTHING.
There are 2 mines, 2 monster arenas, 2 forests.
and teams organize what everyone does, like someone says OK you go mine get us armor, you go lumberjack get us bows, etc.
and then the main idea of the event is to destroy a "mystical horse"(or any other shit" that the other team is guarding.
Like you'd have to invade they're territory and then find a way to kill the "horse" or something. so yeh, I am the monkey of greatness. BOW DOWN TO ME!

We had an event similar tot his with Aed back on IN1.

Basically all the players get split into 2 "Kingdoms" there is one "King" elected who is givin a bag of tools comprising of something like....

2x Pick Axes
2x Hatchets
1x Dagger
1x Smithy Hammer
1x Tinker Tools
1x Spell Book
2x Sets of Armour
2x Swords/Shields

From that the king distributed what he wanted to his "people"' according to their skills, they all then went off and harvested and built up the strength... the tinker could make more tools...

There was a forest for logging, a monsters area for misc items + regs, a mine for ore and smithing.

Then ecentually once the armies were all built up it was all out war. It kept going until they one team killed the other teams king. All the players except for the king could ressurect and get back in the fight. Bodies were lootable so the other team grew stronger after killing a person.

Was a long event but was awesome fun to. Smile

A new event. Give me your ideas. - maka - 08-24-2007

Sounds really niceBig Grin