Imagine Nation Forums
i was thinking (mount speeds) - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: i was thinking (mount speeds) (/showthread.php?tid=1222)

Pages: 1 2 3

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_maxkicker - 08-04-2007

i know this should be in the sugestion forum but really people just dont heck that stuff

anyway i was reminded of this reading another post so i figured id post it up

can you guys make the rides you buy from the stable run a little bit slower than tamed rides?

if you guys cant see how cool thatll be than start a debate and when im rested up tomorrow ill tell everyone why there wrong lol

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_DeNiro - 08-04-2007

i think you should be able to tune your horse or Llama, to like 1000hp maximum.
you should be able to feed the horse with superchargers, turbos, nitros. that you buy from a vendor. expensive as hell..
people around bank would talk about their rides, like, hey guys i just tuned my llama to 800hp i installed a chiped twinturbo on him, he does 10 seconds quarter mile! 0-60mph in just 3 secs!

and when you use Animal lore on them it says like:
V8 horse supercharged. 500hp, 12sec quarter mile, 0-60 4.5sec

and we could have race events and quarter mile drag races...

but a 1000hp horse drinks a lot of gas so you have to make gas stations and Nitro refill stations..

..............yeah..........how about that!

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Silverwolf - 08-04-2007

yo thats a sick idea haha, but that wouldnt work for xuo cause than it'll be like ****in need for speed underground in occlo and people will start racing instead of pvping.

Your idea would be about a UO racing shard or something lol, not in xuo. but having a horse a little faster when u tame it would be fine i guess just not too much faster.

i was thinking (mount speeds) - maka - 08-04-2007

Silverwolf Wrote:need for speed underground in occlo
LOLBig Grin Well, I can look into it, but I'm quite sure that the "speed packet" is hardcoded into the client. I really do not think it's a bad idea, better market for the tamers.

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_DeNiro - 08-04-2007

and people could pimp out their rides like, give them facelifts, new shiny colors, 19inch rims, i mean shoes, a longer tail, plate armor...

we would have show off events and people could work as horse retailers and sell used rides

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Hate - 08-04-2007

And the people with good taste and a lot of money could start a company named "Pimp My Horse", where people could go if they want to get their horse pimped by leet people for a fee ;-) Roflmao. I better get the © on that before somebody else does Wink

I like some of the ideas, the "pimping my horse" with some nice colors, and perhaps some modifications on the actual "horse animation-picture" would be sweet. A lil faster speed would work for me too, but not much considering I like the thing about everybody having pretty much the same advantage and that you win because of good teamwork and pvp-skills mainly, not because of how good an item is really =/. That's one reason to why UO > WoW according to me.

But except for that it sounds pretty leet ;-) Just don't mess too much with the speed and I'll be a happy camper ~_^

Regards,
Hate

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Pande - 08-05-2007

i want horses that car wear armor like in medieval times, when knights went to war, their horses had armor Smile that would be pimp Smile

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Hate - 08-05-2007

Pande Wrote:i want horses that car wear armor like in medieval times, when knights went to war, their horses had armor Smile that would be pimp Smile

Yeah that would be leet for sure ^_^

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Magus - 08-05-2007

Well, You don't really need to chip em Tongue I'll make a speed-list how it could look from 1-10:

Chicken:1
Cat:2
Dog:3
Horse:5
Mustang:6
Ostard:7
Zostrish:8

Magus:10!!!!!

... The diffrence between horses and zostrishen wouldn't have to be that much..

Cool idea anyways! besides I'm a tamer ;D so I'm kinda loving it :eek:

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Fable - 08-05-2007

DeNiro Wrote:0-60mph in just 3 secs!

uhmm, when u run with the ride, dosnt it go to "max" speed instantly? Big Grin

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_DeNiro - 08-06-2007

it should accelerate. and you should be able to tune the horse like i said, like good acceleration but not as high topspeed, and if you want high topspeed you would accelerate a little slower, if you dont install a 8liter twin turbo 1000hp v12 on that horse then both acceleration and topspeed are max. haha how about that

...hope you dont take this too serious

i was thinking (mount speeds) - imported_Pande - 08-06-2007

lol i think you need to go and play some grand turismo...