Imagine Nation Forums
Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you (/showthread.php?tid=1049)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - Horsedung - 04-27-2007

I dont understand please correct me. However I am NOT wrong.

1.It takes probably 30 seconds to overwrite a world file with default world file.

2.The bugs that are listed are not CRITICAL bugs so why not post beta 3 and fix bugs as server is running?

3. Accounts and Passwords easy. For the first 2 weeks tweak old players with their skills after that be done with it. Anyone who misses the window SOL.

I dont see why everything seems to take so long? I mean it doesn't sound to complicated to me.

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Duke - 04-27-2007

I lol @ you

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Nasir - 04-27-2007

Numbers 1 and 2 are (somewhat) valid.

As for your third reason: That's why you're not a developer.

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Carl - 04-27-2007

it's always so much easier and faster to talk a job than to do it.

are you done yet???

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Taran - 04-27-2007

Sure, if we had a developer working fulltime with the shard all the stuff would be fixed within 1 week.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to spend 8+ hours a day scripting without getting paid, I have no idea why :p

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - Horsedung - 04-27-2007

So please explain to me your method on how you're going to replace Accounts and Passwords you guys are blowing so much steam up these players ass its not even funny. You guys have a team of 15 people probably and move at the rate of one. I am a founder of an online crew, Irc Network and among other things I know all about it. Nassir I would really like to know how you guys plan to do the accounts and passwords. I mean if you simply recreate old xuo and inx logins pws 75% of the people will have forgotten them anyway. I know I have. I mean there is no real quick easy method on how to do this. Anyway you go about it there is going to be someone who snuk by you and got free skills. The best bet is staff with XUO and INR experience who knew the players. I'm patiently waiting for your responce.

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Coldrake - 04-27-2007

We are working on several things at the moment. I am personally working on world statics, dungeons, skill gain, and loot tables. All of these things need some love before we can let players run around in the world. Although most of the deco was on the beta server, all of the teleporters, levers, switches, gates, etc. were not. These are important for many of the quests and other things to work properly.

There is some final testing related to the economy that needs to be looked at too. This is all being done in parallel as the accounts are being transferred from INR and XUO to INX. As you recall, each shard has different items and skills that are being transferred.

I am not sure why you are being such a prick but there is no need for it. We are working on everything I mentioned and the final Beta will be available soon enough. I don't see why we have to explain anything to you, especially with that attitude.

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Nasir - 04-27-2007

http://www.runuo.com/forums/

Know what you're talking about before you speak. Mobiles are not saved in the same way that IRC accounts are by any means. Look up what's involved in transferring a PlayerMobile from RunUO 1.0 to RunUO 2.0.

You might seem like you know what you're talking about to the regular players, but I promise you only look like a fool to the development team.

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Coldrake - 04-27-2007

And the account transfers are not straight forward, we have a lot of variables to consider...

IN:R
Misc skills: Full transfers.
Magic combats: Full transfers.
Other Combats: 80%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 100, if your skill exceeds 90 skill points.
Harvest: 60%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 70, if your skill exceeds 90 skill points.
Craft: Full transfers.

XUO
Misc skills: Full transfers.
Magic combats: Full transfers
Other Combats: 80%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 100, if your skill exceeds 80 skill points.
Harvest: 70%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 80, if your skill exceeds 90 skill points.
Crafts: 40%. If you select the skill as a starting it will be set to 65, if your skill exceeds 95 skill points.

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Rachet - 04-27-2007

Horsedung Wrote:So please explain to me your method on how you're going to replace Accounts and Passwords you guys are blowing so much steam up these players ass its not even funny. You guys have a team of 15 people probably and move at the rate of one. I am a founder of an online crew, Irc Network and among other things I know all about it. Nassir I would really like to know how you guys plan to do the accounts and passwords. I mean if you simply recreate old xuo and inx logins pws 75% of the people will have forgotten them anyway. I know I have. I mean there is no real quick easy method on how to do this. Anyway you go about it there is going to be someone who snuk by you and got free skills. The best bet is staff with XUO and INR experience who knew the players. I'm patiently waiting for your responce.

Booooo!!!!

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Pande - 04-27-2007

ok horsedung, if you think you are great, why don't you lend a hand?

and ill say this again, we may be 15 staff members, but not all 15 of us know how to program in C#

Ima leeter pvper than you/I drink better beer than you - imported_Odium - 04-27-2007

its not only the skills that are being transfered aswell.. there are some items that are being transfered aswell.