Imagine Nation Forums
Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? (/showthread.php?tid=3148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-11-2008

MadTaco Wrote:Oh MAN, that's really a bummer. Do you know if IN2 simply used the unmodified RunUO code that come with a server, or was it customized? I found the skill gains there to be absolutely perfect and would like to experiment with them to get a feel for my own test server.

Thanks again,

MadTaco

IN2 only had minimal changes away from default RunUO as far as scripts go... but you'll find if you just try to host a stock runuo distro, a lot has changed since IN2 was put up and where RunUO is at now.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Rob - 11-12-2008

If I recall correctly skill gain was changed a lot.

I used to have all the stuff but I literally deleted it from my usb drive about a month ago or two ago.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-12-2008

Yea, I think I remember the skillgain script was one from the RunUO forums wasn't it? Like the default script didn't allow changing gains per each skill...

I think IN:R used it too and IN:X uses severely a modified version of it.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Taran - 11-12-2008

The skillgain system for IN:X is completely rewritten by Maka.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_MadTaco - 11-13-2008

To anyone interested, after some doing testing with a RunUO RC2 and RunUO SVR, I've found that changing the gc value on the skillcheck.cs file to 4 or 5 gives it a very IN2-ish/classic UO feel. Skills are bitterly slow at higher levels, but they do come. According to the RunUO docs and various FAQs, the highest value for gc is 4, but I've found that 5 works, and gives different, stricter results.

IN2 was my only Imagine Nation experience, so I can't attest to the systems of IN:R or any of the other INcarnations that have existed. I just know that IN2 felt near perfect to me, and I'd love to find a place that effectively replicated it. Thanks again for the recommendations and the snooping around for those old IN2 files.

MadTaco

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-13-2008

Kinda getting toward advertising now ;/
Might be best to end this conversation here.

I'd like to see more IN2 screenshots though. Smile

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - maka - 11-13-2008

Yeah, when I saw another post here I was kind of thinking about saying "Can we end this now", but you beat me to itTongue

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_MadTaco - 11-14-2008

My bad. Didn't mean to sound like I was throwing a pitch. Cool

Some IN2 memories -

[Image: BruggBreakback_9-30_1644.jpg]

[Image: death.jpg]

[Image: x.gif]

MadTaco

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - pengsuplol - 11-16-2008

MadTaco Wrote:[Image: x.gif]
MadTaco

lol that was a p funny pic, good stuff~ ;p

im not crow fyi~~

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-16-2008

I miss champion raids Sad ...as much as it pissed me off, it still added a level of excitement to 5 hours of monster bashing.

that was someone's signature for a long time, heh.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Rob - 11-17-2008

I miss getting tipped off about a Champ and doing a Champ Raid, scaring everyone away, and then finishing it ourselves.

Okay, I have to ask. Will Imagine Nation 3 ever happen? - imported_Nasir - 11-17-2008

I miss all the conspiracy theories about how people got tipped off.

Sven's status page monitor was fairly genius, heh.