Imagine Nation Forums
Fs PVP - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Fs PVP (/showthread.php?tid=2909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fs PVP - imported_Odium - 08-29-2008

i do not think he is right at all ;/

Fs PVP - smoke - 08-29-2008

Odium Wrote:i do not think he is right at all ;/

I have to agree with this.. if you know how to heal out of 4 fs witch is not hard heal heal pot heal heal you can go anywhere and survive and not miss anything in the UO world.

Maybe if you guys got all the people who disagree on the pvp in the forums on uo and make a party you would pwn our little gank groups Smile

Fs PVP - imported_Rabbi Samild - 08-30-2008

Can I spam making items?

Failed .WOPs:
.wop Elven Bow
.wop Armoire (Red)
.wop Bardiche
.wop Flamestrike Scroll
.wop Mana Potion
.wop Banada
.wop Lockpick

Elven Bow
Armoire (Red)
Flamestrike Scroll
Bandana
Lockpick
Bandana
Bardiche
Bardiche
Bardiche
Flamestrike Scroll
Mana Potion
Elven Bow
Armoire (Red)
Lockpick
Lockpick

"You put the exceptionally crafted elven bow crafted by Rabbi Samild in your pack."

They didn't even see that coming.

:lol::lol::lol:

Fs PVP - imported_Hate - 08-30-2008

Lederoil Wrote:But this is only when it comes to duels, right? It doesn't really work like this out in the world, or am I wrong?

I was talking about 1vs1 situations in the "outer world", and those do accure, but lets talk about 1vs2 situations instead then:

At almost any sphere-alike shard people tend to focus on magic when they do 2vs1-fights, or 3vs1, or whatever. Why? Because at sphere (or a sphere-replica like this one) you can run and cast at the same time, so trying to catch up to somebody who can run and heal at the same time, trying to hit the man, would be very hard, and since it's way easier to kill somebody with spells in 2vs1 situations people tend to focus on flamestrikes, lightnings and similar spells in those kinds of situations.

So in other words, it's not "our pvp style" or our shard that is "badly balanced" at all, it is sphere (or sphere-replicas) that just works this way, you can't both have the cake and eat it, if you want to be able to cast spells while running then you will make people focus on spells when teaming in groups. If you do not like it then there's something out there for you called OSI, which is a place where you can't move while casting, and in that case you've just gone to the wrong shard, because we're one of the few RunUO shards which is focused on trying to replicate sphere, almost all other RunUO-shards is the way you want it to be Ryuuku :]

We've made it this way because we (the former IN and XUO players/staffmembers) prefered the good old sphere way above the OSI way, but we didn't like the bugs and flaws with it, so there for our goal with IN-X is to try and replicate the way sphere was, but without the bugs. We liked how you could move and cast spells, how you didn't have to unequip your weapon to cast spells and how spells were casted over a number of seconds and not pre-casted, and there for we made this shard. We can't expect everybody who comes here to like it, but if we're going to be a sphere replica then we have to stay true to our nature, and that means that we're going to be attracting a lot of people who loved sphere, but not so many people who prefers the OSI-style, but hey, that's not our intentions with this shard either, so that's not really a problem :]

Regards,
Hate

Fs PVP - imported_PedroDiLara - 08-30-2008

I dont like that spam... maybe if they dont have spam they would use more their weapon and armors and think about the best momment to cast spells. I dunno why ppl still talk about Pvp like it happens only in that boxes.

I've got an exemple... think youre walking around the map when you suddenly find another player, youre blue and he is too, you dont mean to fight, but he starts spamming power words. You, afraid of what can happen with your things in your bag or armor on body, just really attack and get crim... now he can kill you with no kill count... or am I wrong?

If you think spam is good on that 1x1 torneys, why dont you put it available only on that events?

Fs PVP - imported_Gang-Bang - 08-30-2008

Lol? u see spam then just reflect urself. Or runaway if it scares you that much... Cos there not just events, there is alot of 1v1 in world also, and duel stones, etc etc

Fs PVP - imported_PedroDiLara - 08-30-2008

People dont respect the other ways that people play UO... you Gang-Bang, is a true pk, u like ganking, pvping, killing, looting.... but some people, a lot from IN, like rping, walking, discovering, crafting, some just pvp to protect theirselves or in events/quests or if their RP is to fight others... I dont like PvP too much, when i pvp is to try to avoid battle alive first, if i can kill I would try to. But I am in the right to ask for my safety when I think that this spam nerfs the pvp outdoors.

Correcting my self, thats true, there is not only the events... so why dont u make spam available only on that indoors-like pvp as 1x1 events, 2x2..., duels... dunno what more... ?

Fs PVP - imported_Ryuuku - 08-30-2008

Hate Wrote:At almost any sphere-alike shard people tend to focus on magic when they do 2vs1-fights, or 3vs1, or whatever. Why? Because at sphere (or a sphere-replica like this one) you can run and cast at the same time, so trying to catch up to somebody who can run and heal at the same time, trying to hit the man, would be very hard, and since it's way easier to kill somebody with spells in 2vs1 situations people tend to focus on flamestrikes, lightnings and similar spells in those kinds of situations.

Have a spell called Paralyze , its to pararyle one player who is runing , I dont know how much time it paralyze here but in sphere was a good amount of time, cause I rembem when u got paralyzed if u cant be free of it , people cast wall stone on u and u are dead.

Hate Wrote:We've made it this way because we (the former IN and XUO players/staffmembers) prefered the good old sphere way above the OSI way, but we didn't like the bugs and flaws with it, so there for our goal with IN-X is to try and replicate the way sphere was, but without the bugs. We liked how you could move and cast spells, how you didn't have to unequip your weapon to cast spells and how spells were casted over a number of seconds and not pre-casted, and there for we made this shard. We can't expect everybody who comes here to like it, but if we're going to be a sphere replica then we have to stay true to our nature, and that means that we're going to be attracting a lot of people who loved sphere, but not so many people who prefers the OSI-style, but hey, that's not our intentions with this shard either, so that's not really a problem :][

I dont like OSI Style, I love sphere style but without that spam and liked the way we pvped there, casting , paralyze using explosion to be free, using more the wepon than spells, wallss, and other things.

If i'm wrong sorry but I think staff only thinking on xuo pvpers , the most part of IN pvper i talked dont like the spams, unhappily the most part dont playng more here, like guldur (who I talked about that tipe of pvp and dont liked too), Lecnac, Oracle and others...

Fs PVP - imported_Theo - 08-30-2008

once you GM mage/resist spamming is just to lag the shit out of you. the use of lag spike is your best friend.

don't see the whole point of wop myself. if im down at 45hp no shit the other person is gonna fs you. and no shit you are gonna heal pot heal.

therefore. spamming is just for noob killing, which is not quite fair to the noob, i say.

Fs PVP - imported_Hate - 08-30-2008

Ryuuku Wrote:Have a spell called Paralyze , its to pararyle one player who is runing , I dont know how much time it paralyze here but in sphere was a good amount of time, cause I rembem when u got paralyzed if u cant be free of it , people cast wall stone on u and u are dead.
First off, it's not really sphere-style not to be able to escape out of paralyze by just using a harmful spell on yourself, that is OSI-style as well. At OSI u needed an item that u clicked to get free'd when u were paralyzed, but this is sphere, and even if they had this at IN-R or whatever it's still a OSI feature. Here if somebody casts paralyze on u you just magic arrow yourself and is free again, but paralyze is still useful here, however people would be stupid if they paralyzed somebody to then wait 2-3 seconds to HIT him ;p Since Flamestrike does way more damage people paralyze somebody so he can't run for 1-2 secs, then they both flamestrike at the same time - pow - 92 dmg on his ass, way better than if both of the people would've tried to HIT him ;p

Ryuuku Wrote:If i'm wrong sorry but I think staff only thinking on xuo pvpers , the most part of IN pvper i talked dont like the spams, unhappily the most part dont playng more here, like guldur (who I talked about that tipe of pvp and dont liked too), Lecnac, Oracle and others...

They don't like the spam because they do not understand it, it takes time to learn how to be good against spam, and why it is useful. It was added to make PvP harder, since it was too easy to survive if u knew how to back at XUO, and almost everybody knew how to. Here INers doesnt know how to, so to them the spam is rly rly hard, but once they get used to it they'll love it too, it just takes time because first they need to learn how to survive against somebody not spamming, then they'll see how easy that is and want a bigger challenge.

Regards,
Hate

Fs PVP - imported_Malik - 08-30-2008

Theo Wrote:once you GM mage/resist spamming is just to lag the shit out of you. the use of lag spike is your best friend.

don't see the whole point of wop myself. if im down at 45hp no shit the other person is gonna fs you. and no shit you are gonna heal pot heal.

therefore. spamming is just for noob killing, which is not quite fair to the noob, i say.

If what you say would be true then wouldn't you be unbeatable by making a macro that does all that for you based on your HP and your opponents HP? That is not the case though so there has to be more to this pvp than you give it credit for.

Fs PVP - imported_Shade - 08-30-2008

Hate Wrote:They don't like the spam because they do not understand it, it takes time to learn how to be good against spam, and why it is useful. It was added to make PvP harder, since it was too easy to survive if u knew how to back at XUO, and almost everybody knew how to. Here INers doesnt know how to, so to them the spam is rly rly hard, but once they get used to it they'll love it too, it just takes time because first they need to learn how to survive against somebody not spamming, then they'll see how easy that is and want a bigger challenge.

Or maybe some players just see it as a lame fix for an imbalanced pvp. If it was too easy to survive before spam then maybe the pvp should have been tweaked a bit to fix that. It isn't hard or scary to figure out spam... it annoys people. Plain and simple. I hear all the time, just get used to it.. but really who wants to get used to something they don't like in the first place. For instance, broccoli is gross and tastes horrible. If someone told me to keep eating it until I liked it I would shove it down their mouth and then slap them with my plate. Since people can't do that here they just leave :p

The above statement is based off many friends' opinions who have left this shard or decided they did not want part in it. I too understand their gripes with it and will voice out what they would have said if they were here. So consider this as a statement made by a few not just one... well minus the broccoli part.

I should also add that I thought it would be nice for one staff member to help voice the opinions of this side of this argument, since all the others seem to stand up for the other side. :p