Imagine Nation Forums
Rings - Printable Version

+- Imagine Nation Forums (https://in-uo.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Imagine Nation: Xtreme archive (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://in-uo.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Rings (/showthread.php?tid=1945)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rings - imported_Swanny - 11-20-2007

Dotjr Wrote:It isnt now? Let me grab my 20 FS scrolls and a bag full of pots. I'm set to pvp! Weee!

My opinion is worth $2

Had to LOL at this. So accurate so far =].

Rings - imported_Lindenwood - 11-21-2007

Dotjr Wrote:It isnt now? Let me grab my 20 FS scrolls and a bag full of pots. I'm set to pvp! Weee.
I think that deserves a "PWNT!"

Dotjr Wrote:I'm just making a suggestion because I think this shard needs to implement items that will push it foward, not let it stay stagnant. A shard that has the same items from the start does not grow.

My opinion is worth $2
+1

Rings - imported_Smurtle - 11-22-2007

He meant items that altered your stats. ;/

Rings - imported_Dotjr - 11-22-2007

The thing is though it will not alter stats. It would simply make mana, hp, stamina regeneration faster.

Rings - imported_Bane - 11-22-2007

Smurtle Wrote:He meant items that altered your stats. ;/

I dont see why stats HAVE to be set at 100 for all. There should be some diversity. On IN, stats could go up to 120, but still with a 300 total stat cap. It made the pvp more interesting. Someone could increase their strength to 120, but would have to sacrifice some dex and/or int to do it. I personally had every stat at 100 still, but I think people should be able to have more of a stat if they wanted.

Although, this is just my personal opinion, and as has been stated over and over, the pvp will never change.....

Bane Wrote:I dont see why stats HAVE to be set at 100 for all. There should be some diversity. On IN, stats could go up to 120, but still with a 300 total stat cap. It made the pvp more interesting. Someone could increase their strength to 120, but would have to sacrifice some dex and/or int to do it. I personally had every stat at 100 still, but I think people should be able to have more of a stat if they wanted.

Although, this is just my personal opinion, and as has been stated over and over, the pvp will never change.....

I fully agree with this suggestion. Having no cap on individual stats would allow more diversity. It would make those thing upon whether they wish to have less hit points for more mana, or the other way around.

@Bane - I believe we should all stop suggestion or saying that pvp is not going to change. If we keep believing it then it will happen. As I said before, a shard that does not evolve will not grow. Those that are here might want to leave due to the fact that nothing has changed. CHANGE IS GOOD!!! Plain and simple.

Rings - imported_Bane - 11-22-2007

Dotjr Wrote:I fully agree with this suggestion. Having no cap on individual stats would allow more diversity. It would make those thing upon whether they wish to have less hit points for more mana, or the other way around.

There would have to be some cap on the stats though. Believe me, it's not fun being dumped on from someone with 150 int :p

Dotjr Wrote:@Bane - I believe we should all stop suggestion or saying that pvp is not going to change. If we keep believing it then it will happen. As I said before, a shard that does not evolve will not grow. Those that are here might want to leave due to the fact that nothing has changed. CHANGE IS GOOD!!! Plain and simple.

Basically, the only reason any of us that post that part is before every time someone has tried suggesting anything to do with pvp, there's always someone that posts with that's xuo pvp or the pvp is never going to change. When we say it, it's dripping with sarcasm.

I understand Bane, the sarcastic ones. I'm talking more about those that are serious about pvp not changing. PvP will change is the players and admins wish to modify the system. Yes it's UOX style, but that doesn't mean that IN X shouldn't have its own identity.

With the stat thing, yeah you're right, however having 150 int means theres 150 points to distribute amongst dex and str. Too low str and you can't take too many hits, however not enough dex and you can't hold as much for combat, or run as far when you're loaded. If you think about it, cast a spell that alters a players stats and they're screwed if it lowers their dex.

Rings - imported_Smurtle - 11-22-2007

Bane Wrote:There would have to be some cap on the stats though. Believe me, it's not fun being dumped on from someone with 150 int :p

Basically, the only reason any of us that post that part is before every time someone has tried suggesting anything to do with pvp, there's always someone that posts with that's xuo pvp or the pvp is never going to change. When we say it, it's dripping with sarcasm.

Great. Now you know how a lot of other people felt when they suggested something from their past shards and people acted like complete bastards to them.

You get no pity from me.

Rings - imported_Love - 11-22-2007

Oh please, all you think PVP should be changed, but the point you don´t understand is that XUO PVP was optimized for years of non-stop crazy PVP... Some minor issues could be changed, but introducing those kind of items (rings and stuff) would completely change that PVP. That is the reason for the merge. Sphere and IN:X spirit is preUO: R spirit, is T2A spirit, is not AOS spirit... You don´t get it at all...
Item based issue:
The only problem I see with PVP at the moment is at XUO everybody was GM Alchemist & Scribe, so pots & scrolls weren´t considered as "items", because everybody could buy regs, empty bottles and blank scrolls at the mage shop and craft them... We all know what happens here... Only a few people have pots and scrolls because a few people have GMed these skills or have much much much money to buy them from players. I suppose only "no-life players" or "transfer players" can afford top PVP. Others can´t... I can´t too.

If PvP or IN:X isn't going to change at all, as you suggest, then what the heck is the point of having this forum? Staff might as well nuke this forum and have it posted on their homepage saying:

Quote:ATTN: This shard will never change, no matter what. Don't expect new items (because everyone fears it will change pvp OMG) Don't expect anything new or revolutionary because if it effects PvP, we can't have it.

Rings - imported_Xuma - 11-25-2007

More strategy the better.

I agree that this should be tested, and new types of items with original effects (regen, stats, or anything new).

The only thing is, it has to be perfect balanced, and bring fun to the game. We can't let the PvP become item based Smile