Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Shard Status Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone!
Just curious to find out what will be displayed on the Shard Status Page?
Just Clients Online? Player Names, Locations?
Most likely not player locations. That would serve to be a little too useful for reds.. And red-hunters! Other than that, I don't know exactly what will be on there. At least at first, it might be player names, guilds, titles, etc.
It hasn't been decided yet

But it won't show locations, that much I can tell you.
k just curious.
I cant remeber if it was XUO or NOS that had player locations awhile back, made it kinda interesting.
Dumby / Bronto Wrote:k just curious.
I cant remeber if it was XUO or NOS that had player locations awhile back, made it kinda interesting.

Xuo had player locations in the days when the amount of players was low.
I consider it to be a fuck up for the game.. Ppl always jumped infront of others with a high limit of persons
On XUO it showed player locations, but the location was *hidden* if the player was blue and in a blue town or if you were in a house.
For awhile in Old XUO they had all player locations.

Made it really scary to be alone places and you could always track your enemies.

Was way different I think, I am neither for or against it. Doesnt sound like anything like that is being implemented at all though, so nothing to worry about.
I do not know if this is possible but wouldnt it be kinda cool, if we could have location but it would only say like "Dungeon" if you were in one, instead of wich. same gose for towns etc etc, Then people would start running around looking for them in diffrent dungeons, Would get the action inside dungeons up, but maybe not to the point where it's just to much to be able hunt and such Smile

- Mag
I think it wouldnt matter if they showed the location. I think it would be easier for more pvp. Plus it should only say the towns name not the exact location in town.
Magus' idea is as far as i would ever agree to go with locations.
You have some good suggestions that we will take into consideration when we decide what to do.
Odium Wrote:On XUO it showed player locations, but the location was *hidden* if the player was blue and in a blue town or if you were in a house.

not entirely true, i was a blue player on xuo and sometimes my location was shown.

Magus Wrote:I do not know if this is possible but wouldnt it be kinda cool, if we could have location but it would only say like "Dungeon" if you were in one, instead of wich. same gose for towns etc etc, Then people would start running around looking for them in diffrent dungeons, Would get the action inside dungeons up, but maybe not to the point where it's just to much to be able hunt and such Big Grin

- Mag

i think more people know where say... covetous is, as opposed to 2119,3140,50.
Pages: 1 2