Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Suggestion about Color Tubs / Color rides ect.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi Admins,

from my personal opinion, i think that the whole "staff color cannot be picked" idea should be removed. The colors that the GMs from IN:R reserved were some of the greatest and most unique colors on IN 1. i mean? pure black? saphire? i just think that players should have the ability to choose colors like that. What makes it a big deal if a GM is wearing pure black and a player is also. I mean its all fun and games at the end of the day, thats my 2 cents.

2nd. The ONE thing i absolutely hated about IN:R was the rides, and i know many people will agree with me on this one. They were plain, normal dye tub colors. like Brown and shit like that. like more people rathered using normal llamas or forest ostards then using the "Frenzied ostards" (for those who dont know what they were, they were rides colored just normal, e.g. brown skin color ect and there was no such thing as e.g. a pure black ride ect.)

Whats everyones thoughts on this? im sure alot will agree with me. Maybe a vote would be a handy solution to this. i dont know, upto maka at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Setep
GM colors:

Reactive
Daemon steel
Pure Black
Saphire
Aqua
Fire

like come on? thats crazy. People who played IN 1 will know those colors awesome feature IN had, Saphire ride, Pure black ride. Ect.

If i was to think back on IN 1, those colors come into my head.

And i hope GMs don't take it personally, because i don't mean this to be a flame towards staff or anything. Just a suggestion.
i agree with setep here, the dye tub issue and GM colours, i dont really care much about this. its the fact that the normal colour rides were implemented, but i know for a fact that maka and KM >>>WILL<<< implement that other special coloured rides be introduced, its probly cause they didnt hae time to script them in INR or it wasnt a high priority.
what? there are special colors reserved for staff only???

ive never heard of this, its ridiculous.

if anything, staff should have plain gm robes (black for admin, green for seer and red for gm), least of all should they have special colors reserved for them.
Tis maybe because those color should be rare
an when ye be gettin a mount or somethin
with those colors ye know it be special

makin all color fer all, will make them plain at som point

and there be like 200 colors tha prick from
what ya be ? greedy or somethin ?
Have to agree with Setep on this one. The rides on IN:R was boring. I miss the old stangs we had on IN1 (dunno about IN2). Daemon Stangs ftw! Oh, and Daemon dye tub Big Grin:badgrin:

maka

Well, I don't know about the staff reserve thing, but from what I've heard, and based my decision on, the top 5 most colors are kept from dye tubs to keep them rare, not to keep staff "cool". About the spawns, we havn't really decided about it. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have rare ride spawns, especially since they were both on IN1 and XUO and they seem to be desired. Taming is supposed to be uefull.
Make Daemon crap then. Like 30 ar. Daemon is too good looking to only be on GMs Big Grin:badgrin:

*day dreaming*
maka Wrote:Well, I don't know about the staff reserve thing, but from what I've heard, and based my decision on, the top 5 most colors are kept from dye tubs to keep them rare, not to keep staff "cool".

if they are kept from dye tubs to make them rare, thats ok, as long as they arent reserved for staff. but i would really hate to see staff using these colors if they are kept from dye tubs to make them rare as you say.

otherwise i think its a great idea to keep some colors rare. at some point you could introduce these colors one by one, and only make one tub of it to reward some player. maybe make a huge quest and have one of these tubs as reward. they would remain rare if there were only one instance of it.
This is my personal opinion about this:

The most professional way for GMs to look is according to me like this:

Admins <- Pure black.

Devs <- Pure white.

GMs <- Red normal none rare color.

Seers <- Green, normal, none rare color.

Counselors <- Blue normal none rare color.

GMs using all these "player colors" or suiting with armors and stuff just isn't as professional as keeping it simple and professional. I think we should all use GM robes, and stick to professional colors, instead of trying to look "leet" with cool armors, weapons, and the best colors from the shard. It's easier for players to recognize whose an admin, dev, GM, Seer or counselor if we do it "my way".

Feel free to disagree, but I like it like this, I think INers should too since they are all against being a shard that tries to be "leet", but I dunno.

About rare dyetub-colors being "taken away" from players to make it more rare I'd say in that case, have them as prizes in really big tourneys or whatever, but don't reserve them for staffmembers, staffmembers do not need to look leet, we're leet enough just by being a GM according to me, at least from the players point of view Wink

- Hate

maka

I'll ban the person that says I can't use sticky green jester hatSad!!!! No, but I agree with hate. I think there should be consistency in the staff teams names and dressings. I've made it so that all staff members have their priv as their prefix infront of the name(gm gerger would be Game Master gerger on single click). Might make something similar to what hate said, just have to talk it through with coldrake. My own opinion of the staff members is that they should look simple and humble, then if you taunt them, they will strike you down with the lightningTongue
When we say "staff reserved colors" that does not mean that the colors are reserved just for staff members to wear. What this means is that the rare colors are reserved for staff members to use. i.e. decorating. We only have 5 colors that are reserved for this use (Sapphire, Adamantium, Daemon Steel, Oceanic and Black).

The reason we do not allow the use of these colors, as Maka said, is so that they will remain rare. Players with a Sapphire dye tub will just color everything they own Sapphire. Not to mention all their friends stuff too. Then it becomes almost meaningless to have a set of Sapphire armor because the color has already been over used. This is something I feel strongly about (keeping rare things rare) so let's just accept this and move on to bigger and better things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5