Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Cantin's Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Our story for tonight begins with the neophyte mercenary Johan.
Let’s see where his destiny leads him and what his story will tell.

Thus it begins, hired mercenary, bound to my payers will. This relief I felt, no longer would I be to blame for my actions, all my bloodshed would be on my payer’s hands. The Mercenary Johan, I like the sound of it, and I can see the opportunity for me to earn a lot of money in this profession. My first payer’s first task was for me to write his past down onto parchment, he did not explain his intention behind this, but questioning him wouldn’t be wise.
He talks trivial, brutish or maybe even stupid, maybe a little better, but understanding what he says is hard, especially for me since I was well educated as a young lad. I’m glad he can’t read the common language well, I could essentially just write jokes about him….at least he pays well.

I have been writing on his story for a few days, and I must admit, he has seen some things that I still have a hard time believing. I think I will write some of it, the information and tales might become useful. The one thing that disturbs me the most is his unhealthy use of every curse word imaginary. Sometimes I hear him ramble on about me and my mother, father, goats and even llamas….I hope this will be done quickly and I can get another master and another task.

My boat sank, my treasure was gone. The gods [/color] (he calls them gods?)themselves be mocking me.

I met a fellow who share my thoughts of pillaging and murdering innocents as well as guilty. Eragon is his name. (Might be worth knowing who he is?) Already I have risen in ranks, I am a buccaneer now and we have shared loot of both gold coins and magical armor. He has taught me well and I have learned most of my magic abilities from him. Our guild’s headquarter is a castle with riches un-imaginary in size.[/color] (If I can get him drunk I might be able to see for myself).
(This is more personal nonsense but still intriguing)

I was once a son of a wealthy man, his beating and mocking of me was what the made me the laughing stock of my hometown, from this I learned not to trust or take heed of or to anyone’s opinion of me or my ideas. This took me awhile since no mere mortal can withstand endless ridicule. To this day I still consider this a weakness of my own. (Better remember this)

My father’s brutal ways is what made me brutal, I can’t count the number of times when I have been in bar brawls and fights, yet I haven’t been cursed enough to lose more than my pride on single occasions. Luckily I am not the sort that takes my pride for more than a reoccurring thing.

The damn pirate is getting on my nerves, he doesn’t trust my scribbling, and although he hasn’t noticed the few jokes I put in-between his serious story telling, he still looks suspicious as if he can sense I am not doing what I am being paid for. Maybe this is just how pirates are, but I still don’t like his eyes ogling me.

For the last month or so I have been fighting the scurge of the "landcrabs”. (his words for people who likes solid ground beneath their feet more than being on the ocean.) They are many and most of them are better at the magic arts than me, I have improved, but sea battles are still my best element to be in. One of these “landcrabs” is a worse opponent for me than the rest, I think is name is Alper, or that is what his friends call him. (From hearing what the pirate says, I can tell that he lost more fights than he has won, but he isn’t the best fighter to begin with, I have seen him duel this Eragon fellow. He is so bad that I might even be able to out do him.)

Later that evening, just when Johan had finished writing his Journal Cantin stepped into Johan’s room in the corner of the Pirate’s castle. Johan hastily tried to conceal his journal, but alas he was too slow. Sensing that the thing Johan was trying to hide was making him anxious, Cantin knew it had to be something he would want to have a look at.

Johan tried to fend Cantin off with by saying it was letters from his sick mom and that he had only tried to hide them so it wouldn’t influence his work. Cantin said if it was his mom he wouldn’t mind him looking at it since he has friends who are powerful healers.
Johan said it was a matter of honor and pride not to reveal his weaknesses, and so pulled his rapier from its sheath.
Cantin responded by paralyzing him and taking the journal from Johan’s frozen hands

Cantin turned the pages fast only glancing at the content, but stopped at the last entry.

C: “So ye be thinkin I be a worse warrior tha ye do ya ?!?! Ya pillow punchin, biscut lovin, boil infested, scumpond suckin pansy !!!”

C: “I don’t be as bad readin as ye believe, I just be thinkin me handwrittin be horrible”

J: “I only meant it as teasing, my mind sometimes wanders of on its own. I will work for free just as long as you keep me alive”

C: “Ye won’t be breathin fer long I asure ye, I be willin tha accept a lot from a puppy in tha trade as yerself, but tha be keelhauled be ye and knowin tha ye be wantin tha pirates treasure be a sure sentence tha death !”

And with that said, Cantin cut the mercenary dead where he stood as if he had been nothing more than a training dummy.

How will our feisty and foul mouthed pirate continue the writing of his memoirs ?
Will he beat Alper anytime soon ?
And is Pirate Headquaters really filled with that much loot ?

Follow the escapades of Cantin and the rest of the Pirates Crew members in THIS epic adventure.

I be wishin tha have a complete set of piratey cloths tha fit me, ye be knowin, tha robe, tha fancy shirt, tricorne hat, long pants and a pair of them fine boots, all should be worn pirates clothes (name them that?)
nice story... Smile
Johan.. now that's a weird name

You think you could get rid of some of the colors? I tried reading it but my eyes began to hurt...
lol why is johan such a weird name, much ppl are named johan Tongue, my dad is one of them for example o.O
So is Taran Tongue
Can't me former lackey be called what he be wantin ya dafted scumguzler !

and tha colors be so ya can tell who be speakin
Green be Johan
Blue be me, but because of Taran I now be tha plain color...bah !
Red be a comemtator or what ye be wantin tha call it or him or her

what should I know I told ye's a story an ye better be happy about it !

Tis be better fer yer eyes Taran ?, ya sissy biscut eyehurtin pansy !

maka

I really love your pirate talkBig Grin
Avast ye swashbucklers! Big Grin:badgrin:
dude u can tell children storys at kindergarden Tongue
im starting to like this guy =)
Odium Wrote:im starting to like this guy =)

we all do Smile
Tis be fine fer me, if ya be likin me,
ye must be willin tha part with yer coins

tha more coins, tha more friendly I might become Yaaar !
Pages: 1 2 3