Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Quest and Event Ideas! Got an idea you'd like to see? Let me know.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a call for new quest ideas!

If you have a particular quest you'd like to see, now's your chance to write up some basic dialogues, locations, and objectives. If you've always wanted to see a quest where you do X, or you really like Y-themed stuff, now's your chance to see it get added!

Eru, aren't you just being lazy by asking players to make the quests?
Yes. Yes, I am.
No, I like to think of it as giving some creative control to the players since all of us together can come up with better quests than a single GM.

There's a form in the next post. You can just hit "Reply with Quote" to have it all formatted with bold tags for you.
If you don't want to post your idea publicly, you can PM it to me on the forums.
Also, I make no guarantees that I'll add your quest. I may make modifications to it or combine it with other peoples' ideas if it seems appropriate. Also, I may make changes to the locations and mechanical details based on what is physically possible to do with spawners, xmlquests and dialogues.

EXAMPLE:

Quest Title: Banana Collecting
Difficulty: Easy
Characters: George the Monkey, Circus Keeper
Locations: Both characters are outside Minoc in the gypsy tents.
Objectives: Collect 20 banana bunches.
Rewards: Tickets to the circus.
Plot: The circus keeper needs to be wearing a Yellow hat and the Monkey should be in a cage. Every once in a while, the monkey will get angry and throw poop at the man in the hat.
The man needs to calm the monkey down for the circus, so he asks you to collect 20 bananas because it's George's favorite food.
You collect the bananas from a provisioner and turn them in at the man.
When you complete the quest, he gives you a circus ticket that lets you inside the circus ring where you can watch a Russian Bear walk on a giant ball while he hula hoops.
Quest Title:
Difficulty:
Characters:
Locations:
Objectives:
Rewards:
Plot and other Details:
Quest Title: One in the Chamber
Difficulty: Hard
Characters: Whoever joins!
Locations: Special "Speed-ball" style arena
Objectives: Shoot your opponents in the face with your heavy crossbow. Be careful, because you only have 1 bolt! Insta-kill on hit. Bodies remain (so that bolts can be looted) and there will also be bolts on the ground from misses for players to retrieve. This could be a really fun event.
Rewards: 1 nickel for every kill.
Plot and other Details: This game would be best played in a round-based match without respawn, in either FFA or team deathmatch fashion.

What you guys think?
This gave me an idea for an event. We have a throwable item that I can configure to do over 120 damage to people in an X-tile range. I could add one that is re-throwable and you have to avoid it or run up and use it to throw at others. Tongue Could be interesting until you get down to very few players. :/
Just an idea since diablo3 beta startet Tongue
The better you know diablo the more you get the idea Big Grin

Phase:1
Event Title:How he lost his leg.

Difficulty:Easy-Medium

Characters
Harpys
Wirt: Fast rogue and a coward
Griswold the blacksmith: strong slow melee guy with no magic.
Adria the Witch: Magic favorite but weak melee.

Locations:Any place like the house area of the maze where you need to work your way from 1 building to another everyime you take down the main characters.

Objectives:Get to last guy kill him and take 1 of his legs, which will be held by a npc(Decard cain who will make the portal for phase 2)

Rewards:1 huge mushroom :lol:

Plot and other Details: Take down Adria move on to Griswold and last Wirt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phase 2
Event Title: Secret Ophidian Level

Difficulty: Medium

Characters
Big number of Ophidian Warrior
Ophidian King: Strong Monster since ther is good space to run around.

Locations:Any desert area that has room to run Wink

Objectives:Kill all Ophidian to bring out the Ophidian King and kill the King.

Rewards:A shrinked colored cow called CowKing, with text says "I love Cowking"

Plot and other Details:The King will drop a Book of townportal which Decard cain will get to open Phase3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phase3
Event Title: Hellfire

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Characters
Succubus(Stone harpys)
Vipers(Ophidian Knights)
Magma Demons(fire elementals)
Diablo(demon)

Objectives: Clear the area and diablo will spawn in the dungeon and throw diablo back where he came from.

Rewards:Blue/saph sword named Heaven's Fury. :twisted: