Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Skill gain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, i have spent 2 hours macroing Anatomy, Anatomy 57,1 57,1 +0,1
and the skill gain is only 0.1.... ??? i have no delays.. use skill in myself
Don't waste time macroing the skill itself.

You will gain rather quickly if you setup a sparring macro with the sparring partners in the merc camp. Between meleeing and healing yourself, your anatomy will raise quickly as you work on your other skills.

By the time I finished raising all my combats to GM, I had had GM anatomy for a while.
Thx
Keep an eye on your bandages in the merc camp, they are definitely a favorite among the merc camp thieves.
Any advice on how to protect from thieves when AFK? I saw that some people added "say: guards" to their macro, is that meant to keep thieves away? Does it work?
It will only work if the thief fails his check and turns criminal. However, if that happens the npc's around you will already call out guards. This is why I despise people with spam macros like that.

Conceal your bandages. I believe thieves can not use "target by type" macros on players here. Nor can they randomly steal objects. I suggest hiding bandages in a small pouch, and concealing that with a spellbook/newbified items. Just be creative.
Hiding bandages isn't going to work, I'm a master at highlighting that one available pixel to get what I need.

Once your bandages are done I wait til the merc kills you, your corpse turns to skeleton, and then I have my merry way with your belongings.

My advice is to not have anything on you I'll want. I steal bandages more for a way to your demise so I can get at your other goods than to get just bandages. I can't steal equipped items so I have to find a way around that, and getting you indirectly killed is the only way.

Some people macro in expensive armor or have regs they're not using or a emm. Acc. Kryss of vanq in their bags they were too lazy to bank. These are mistakes. Even if I suspect you're hiding something, I'll start chipping away at that pile of bandages.

Macro in cheap plate armor and use training weapons (faster speeds anyway), bank everything you don't need to get the skill you're working on. If you look as poor and pathetic as possible, I'll move on to the next mark.
Felonious Wrote:Hiding bandages isn't going to work, I'm a master at highlighting that one available pixel to get what I need.

Once your bandages are done I wait til the merc kills you, your corpse turns to skeleton, and then I have my merry way with you belongings.

My advice is to not have anything on you I'll want. I steal bandages more for a way to your demise so I can get at your other goods than to get just bandages. I can't steal equipped items so I have to find a way about that, and getting you indirectly killed is the only way.

Some people macro in expensive armor or have regs they're not using or a emm. Acc. Kryss of vanq in their bags they were too lazy to bank. These are mistakes. Even if I suspect you're hiding something, I'll start chipping away at that pile of bandages.

Macro in cheap plate armor and use training weapons (faster speeds anyway), bank everything you don't need to get the skill you're working on. If you look as poor and pathetic as possible, I'll move on to the next mark.

The soul of a kindest thief ever.
Lol
Take your time, hide your bandages in a pouch and utilize both spellbook and other newbified items to cover the pouch completely. If you do this correctly then there will be no pixel highlight available for the pouch. Leaving the thief simply out of luck. If you leave even a single pixel viewable then surely Felonious as well as other like mind thieves will have their way with you.

Otherwise as pointed out already.. Macro in something cheap, carry nothing worth while on you.

This does not mean they won't still target you though. Keep that in mind as well.
You should be able to GM anatomy very quickly. At least I did when I first started on my player, I think I did it overnight my first night together with Eval Int.

Useful piece of advice for everyone suffering bizarrely low skill gain:

Go in to Razor, set all your skill locks to DOWN, then set them all back to UP, then restart your client by logging out, closing it, then reopening and logging back in. If you aren't using Razor then check your UP/DOWN arrows in the skills tab - However, I've only ever experienced/heard of this problem happening to Razor users.
Loki Wrote:You should be able to GM anatomy very quickly. At least I did when I first started on my player, I think I did it overnight my first night together with Eval Int.

Useful piece of advice for everyone suffering bizarrely low skill gain:

Go in to Razor, set all your skill locks to DOWN, then set them all back to UP, then restart your client by logging out, closing it, then reopening and logging back in. If you aren't using Razor then check your UP/DOWN arrows in the skills tab - However, I've only ever experienced/heard of this problem happening to Razor users.

I think I might have to try that, unless it's normal that provocation becomes ridiculously slow once you get to the low 90s...

BTW, how come bonus skills are excluded from the total skill level shown on the status page?