Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: New player and a couple of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, first of all I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Camila (which is also my character's name) and I just joined you a few days ago. I used to play UO on a shard called Dragonlance 4th Age but I haven't played in years and I was recently feeling the itch to play again. Seems like a lot has changed since then! I have a couple of questions that will probably be a no brainer for the more experienced players on Imagine Nation.

- Game Installation: I am playing on a Windows 7 laptop and followed the instructions on the website, but I seem to have some problems. The game window seems to flicker at more or less regular intervals, and I lose the connection quite often. Also, every time I hit the 'record' button in the macros menu of Razor, both UO and Razor crash. Am I missing something?

- Training:Maybe I am a bit old school, but when I used to play we all used UO Loop and UO Autopilot for training. I am completely new to both Razor and Injection. Which one would you guys recommend I familiarize myself with, considering that I don't plan on focusing exclusively on PvP but more on doing a little bit of everything? Can someone link me to a full scale guide of either one? I found something on our website/forum but I am looking for something more complete since I am 100% noob Big Grin
Are UO Loop and UO Autopilot allowed/compatible on Imagine Nation?
Finally, can someone give me some tips on training fighting skills? I decided not to get any bonus on those since they should be easy to train, and I am currently training at the mercenary camp. I decided to start with fencing since the knife is the only weapon that I know will always be with me. I am also training parrying, tactics and anatomy at the same time obviously. Right now I am at about 65% fencing, 55% parrying and 45% tactics. I am sparring with the trainer using a full heavy armor (right now it give me 34 armor, might be a bit damaged) and I am surprised to see that I am still getting hurt from the hits of the training partner and need to make a trip to the healer every 15-20 minutes or so, and therefore I haven't been able to train when I am away from the computer for longer than that. Ideally I wanted to get Camila to the point of being strong enough to spar with the trainer without requiring any healing, but now I wonder if that's ever going to happen without using a more expensive armor. Do I really need to set up a macro that will heal Camila during sparring?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope to see you all soon in the game!

Camila
Camila Wrote:Hello everyone, first of all I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Camila (which is also my character's name) and I just joined you a few days ago. I used to play UO on a shard called Dragonlance 4th Age but I haven't played in years and I was recently feeling the itch to play again. Seems like a lot has changed since then! I have a couple of questions that will probably be a no brainer for the more experienced players on Imagine Nation.

- Game Installation: I am playing on a Windows 7 laptop and followed the instructions on the website, but I seem to have some problems. The game window seems to flicker at more or less regular intervals, and I lose the connection quite often. Also, every time I hit the 'record' button in the macros menu of Razor, both UO and Razor crash. Am I missing something?

- Training:Maybe I am a bit old school, but when I used to play we all used UO Loop and UO Autopilot for training. I am completely new to both Razor and Injection. Which one would you guys recommend I familiarize myself with, considering that I don't plan on focusing exclusively on PvP but more on doing a little bit of everything? Can someone link me to a full scale guide of either one? I found something on our website/forum but I am looking for something more complete since I am 100% noob Big Grin
Are UO Loop and UO Autopilot allowed/compatible on Imagine Nation?
Finally, can someone give me some tips on training fighting skills? I decided not to get any bonus on those since they should be easy to train, and I am currently training at the mercenary camp. I decided to start with fencing since the knife is the only weapon that I know will always be with me. I am also training parrying, tactics and anatomy at the same time obviously. Right now I am at about 65% fencing, 55% parrying and 45% tactics. I am sparring with the trainer using a full heavy armor (right now it give me 34 armor, might be a bit damaged) and I am surprised to see that I am still getting hurt from the hits of the training partner and need to make a trip to the healer every 15-20 minutes or so, and therefore I haven't been able to train when I am away from the computer for longer than that. Ideally I wanted to get Camila to the point of being strong enough to spar with the trainer without requiring any healing, but now I wonder if that's ever going to happen without using a more expensive armor. Do I really need to set up a macro that will heal Camila during sparring?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope to see you all soon in the game!

Camila

Hi camila! welcome to IN ;D
Now about your questions.. I have the same issue as you about razor/client "crashing" on my home pc.. i believe thats because of your graphic card! And it happens only when you minimize uo right? the solution is quite simple.. go to razor when uo "crashes" and run a macro for using anatomy once.. it should "uncrash" the game hehe that's how i do and it's no big problem Tongue

Now about training... well i use razor for most my crafting skills.. but for hunting and pvp i use injection since its smoother than razor doesnt have that problem above... but its much more complicated to use than razor! razor is very simple and intuitive ;D
Uoloop works here.. but i dont think anyone uses it because razor/injection/easyuo are much more efficient!
And about the sparring.. well you shouldn't really be able to parry all damage of a sparring partner witout dieing... even if you used sapphire i think you would still die.. thats because you must use the skill healing to avoid being killed! there's an easyuo and a razor macro in the player guides section of this forum for combat skills.. go there and choose the one that suits you best ;D
If you need any more help feel free to ask.. but i would suggest that the next time you ask something go the question and answers section and search there if your question hasnt been answered before, its faster for you hehe also if you need to make a question make there ;D

Once again, welcome to IN im sure you will enjoy ;D
- you can download some razor macros from IN Patche - Tools.
- you can buy training weapons in MercCamp, you can find them on the table to the left from sparing partners. Just double click them.
- you will need healing anyway so its way easier to macros everything at once. Just find a good macros, there are plenty on forum.
Thanks guys for the help, I promise next time I will post in Q&A. I guess can't really resist progress, can I? I will have to learn to use either Razor or Injection, I guess I will go with Razor for now since it seems to be more intuitive. I guess my priority right now is to make sure I resolve all technical issues.

Raziel, with regards to the crashing issue, I am not sure the solution you suggested would work because whenever the UO client crashes, Razor seems to crash with it and I can't use it. I will check tonight. Hopefully the crash happens only when I try to record a macro and not when I try to play it (I am pretty sure this is what happens but I wouldn't bet on it, another thing to check tonight). If that's the case, then I can just circumvent the problem by downloading/writing macros in the Razor folder, right?
Another issue that I have is that I seem to be losing the connection every now and then, which is definitely a problem if I am planning on training while I am away from the computer. Could this simply be caused by the fact that I am using a wireless connection? Tonight I will try plugging in my laptop to the internet cable and see if it keeps happening.

With regards to healing, I was planning on selecting it as one of my bonus skills since some people said it is expensive to train. However from what you guys are saying it seems like I still need to use it a lot during sparring, so does it still make sense to take the bonus on it?
not sure if this is your problem but make sure to patch with your IN patcher...that can cause alot of crashing...its in your UO dir..