Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Craftable Weaps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Craftable weaps should surpass Vanq weaps just like in the original sphere IN. No one used to use vanq's back in the day and i think the economy would benifit as well as the demand for em would go up allot. vanq's should still be viable for pve somewhat but i dont see that much incentive to GM BS just to make armors and pvp weaps . reallllly hope to see all the original aspects of IN back in game.

on a side note they look allot cooler too running round with the craftables.
I'm not really sure when you started playing on IN1 but in the old days it was all about vanq weapons. It was not until later that players started using craftable weapons (like when the HH was added, which made all the other weapons pretty much useless).
I would like to see more of the custom weapons usable and we are looking into that. However, I don't want it to turn out like IN1 where everyone runs around with craftable weapons instead. We need to find a good balance there.
IN1 PvP functioned best when it was based on Vanqs and Invul, the craftables broke it, I am massively in favour of the new approach being taken.
It is definitely hard to balance these things. I went hunting for a bit last weekend and one thing I noticed was that it seemed to be really really easy to get vanqs. I remember at one point on IN1 that was also the case and they ended up doing a vanq wipe to make them fairly rare again (which was bad imo). On the other hand I don't think I ever found any armor that was better than Hardening (killed drakes, dragons, titans, beholders, abominable snowman, eithkas, sapphire dragon, daemons/keeper of the abyss, ophidians, etc.

I think having loot weapons be the most common used in pvp is a good thing. But I think you'd also want craftable weapons to have a place. I think I read on some topic someone had an idea of craftable items having special properties. Now I'm not talking about a crazy fire bow that casts FS, or any of that HH/SOV crap. But maybe a HH that is less powerful than than a vanq halberd but that has a chance to cast fireball, a serpents tonque that has a chance to inflict poison, Thor Hammer that can rarely cast lightning, etc.
I'm actually going through the loot tables right now on a bunch of monsters and they do seem to drop too little. Most of the monsters you mentioned Rob will have better loot when I'm done. I'm going to create more desirable hunting spots now when the playerbase has increased.

And about the custom craftables with special properties, we already have that. HH have a chance of casting a minor explosion, the Black Widow has a chance of poisoning the target. Other weapons deal more damage to specific monsters. It's the low and middle end craftables which aren't worth gathering the resources for that I want to make better. Well either that or make them easier to craft. We'll see what happens.
Also I didn't really venture into too many dungeons, not sure if regions also affect loot which would be good. The best loot in the deepest dungeons. I don't think I would make armor as common as I said the biggest issue was how many vanqs I was able to find. I thought armor drop rates were fine, just didn't get anything I'd really use in PVP (unless I was a gobbo I guess). It seemed like the diamond things that generate weapons were random meaning I could get one off an ettin and it be a vanq. I also did see other diamonds that did say "random weapon of ruin". Maybe have those for all types and remove the general one.
can anyone even craft a HH yet? i want one ;[
I can. Meet me at prototype hq ;\
I've definitely seen a few HH around. I'm curious now though, will have to do a search to see how many there actually are.
Yeah there are probably 5-10 people now who can craft HH
You know what would be really cool to see? Weapons craftable by ingots... For ex, a shadow weapon is +1 (ruin, no tactics), a gold weapon is +3 (might, no tactics), a blood rock weapon is +5 (force, no tactics), mytheril weapon is +7 (power, no tactics), and a blackrock weapon is a +9 (vanq, no tactics).

Creating them so that they don't give tactics would be a neat way to add diversity to weapon use, since they are much easier to get than ruin-vanq.
I actually think the current system has some real strengths, namely that magic armour is a bit rare so there is a big market for craftable armour (especially for 1 vs 1) but hunting still has real value as everyone needs their vanq weapons. Currently the economy looks healthy, and it will only get better as all these new players start to need equipment to fight and hunt. The balance can very easily be upset, especially by "big ideas", learn the lessons of IN1, going too far too fast can break everything badly, you shouldn't be pressuring Taran to do too much in this regard. Managing the economy of a server can be an even bigger pain in the butt than balancing the PvP! (Which new weapons also screw with)
Pages: 1 2 3 4