Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Taming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Old UO player new to IN. Ive always been more of a pve player but I enjoy the threat and risk of pvp. I noticed my new tames remain grey.

Someone in town said I would need to have them kill red monsters or players to turn blue. Is that correct ? I tried to heal my grey bear in a fight with a red npc but it said the action would flag me grey. Is that correct ?

can you tame mares, dragons, white wyrms on IN ? If so I suspect they would be red so not sure how to stable them.

As an observation I have explored the woods from Brit North then to Skara and down past Destard to Trinsic. In EA UO server these areas are pretty full of bears, hearts, wolves, great hearts etc tamers use to skill up. I noticed there were almost none of those and they appeared to be replaced with extra reds non tameables. Is there another area stocked with hearts & bears ?
You can tame mare, but not drakes, dragons and wyrms..
i believe your pet also gain karma when killing red monsters... and i dont think it will flah you criminal if you heal a grey pet..
about the taming, well.. try buying some stangs from players, release it in your house and attempt to tame until it accept you as its master, then you go buy another and keep going.. i think this is the best way to train taming here..
grizzly bear which sells from npc is great to start taming!
So what would be the strongest tames here? A nightmare pet wouldn't warrant the investment to gm taming. Is there something on the server that would ?
Colored mustangs worth the most, nightmares cant be shrinked
someone once told me that you have an easier pvm with pets... i believe its worth it, but its really hard! ask dogis about taming he has just mastered it!
He's a nice guy and maybe will help you.

Aerona

So is Taming only really used for getting mounts here, then, if you can't eventually tame drakes/dragons/etc? And on that note, I went looking for Frenzied Ostards where they used to be, and there wasn't a single one... and I'm talking about normal colored ones, not your fancy rare neon rides. Tongue

As a newish player, I was a bit confused when I ventured out for the first few times and there were no animals around Britain, at all. Pretty much had to make a huge trek elsewhere to find some.
I agree we could spawn some more animals in the forests, I'll look into that.

Taming is only used for mounts here yeah. There are regular Frenzied Ostards (or Zostriches as they are called here) but you have to go to T2A to find them. Where are they usually located? I haven't played OSI or other shards so I wouldnt know but I think adding a regular Zos or Orn to a regular spot could be good.

Aerona

Taran Wrote:There are regular Frenzied Ostards (or Zostriches as they are called here) but you have to go to T2A to find them. Where are they usually located? I haven't played OSI or other shards so I wouldnt know but I think adding a regular Zos or Orn to a regular spot could be good.
Yeah, T2A, right? I went to Delucia and pretty much made a full circuit of the entire rectangular zone, to Damwin Thicket and into the desert, and never saw a single one. Dunno, but it seemed odd.
Would love a list of what can be tamed on the server. Taming is tough to raise. Not sure if its going to be worth the investment to GM if your upper end pets are mounts. Animals around town would be great though. Seems empty.
Taran Wrote:I agree we could spawn some more animals in the forests, I'll look into that.

Taming is only used for mounts here yeah. There are regular Frenzied Ostards (or Zostriches as they are called here) but you have to go to T2A to find them. Where are they usually located? I haven't played OSI or other shards so I wouldnt know but I think adding a regular Zos or Orn to a regular spot could be good.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/t2a/t2aplaces.shtml

They usually spawn between 1 - 7 - 10 in that triangle. At least they used to, been a while since I've played