Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Wings of the Irda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A cool breeze brushed against his fair blue cheek beneath the Yew tree, the shade was inviting on this warm summers eve. He stood up slowly in no rush and with no where he had to be. Tranquility... silence... peace... He cleared his mind of excess thoughts and his focus drifted as he closed his eyes. Visions of blending blue skies, on soft feathered wings danced beneath his eyes and filled his mind with oak and willow tree tops. He felt the breeze become a rushing wind against his limbs as he ascended, opening his eyes to let the white clouds rush to greet him. With wings spread wide he coasted the currents of air with the absolute freedom of flight. During his travels he only felt truly free in the sky where he could shed his doubts, suspicions and worries.

As a young Irda, the first animal Rachet had ever shifted into was an eagle. It symbolized a sort of disconnection for him. He always felt most alive and free in this shape, gliding the world on eagle wings. Free of all others and his unwanted heritage.

Rachet's parents never wanted children, as was the custom of the Irda, but; we're forced to mate by consequence of the Valin, a brutal incentive to procreate. A ritual Rachet chooses to forget and hopefully will never be forced to participate in. They knew a long and painful fate awaited them if they did not comply, so they quickly got it over with and decided to go their separate ways. But once the child is born, it's customary to provide the defenseless Irda guidance in one shape or another. This did not have to be much for these two typical Irda to be liberated of guilt. Grudgingly they sought to guide Rachet through the trials of his innate ability to shape shift. They were hoping with this skill Rachet would be powerful enough to fend for himself and they could be free of this burden and each other. The Irda even chose their own name when and if they felt compelled to do so.

To their surprise and selfish glee, during their first lesson Rachet became a small eagle and flew into the sky out of sight. "Good riddance", they both exclaimed and at once took leave of each others company without another word. To the squeamish or emotional races this was a tragic tale of family separation. In fact, it was nothing of the sort to the Irda. All three parties were more then happy to vacate each others personal space for all eternity. This is simply the way of the Irda and the most sought scenario for all families. Rachet had no dear or spiteful memories of his nameless parents; they simply existed. That knowledge was enough for him.

Rachet, in his true form was a tall creature in his own right and unusually tall for an Irda. His skin is a scaly light blue color almost comparable to the rumored small fairy folk, a long extinct race of Britannia centuries ago. His hair is white as snow and easily stands out in a crowd, an unfortunate physical development for the solitary Irda. This is why he prefers to wear his wide-brimmed hat, at all times. He is not so much muscular as toned, agile and quick. He has always preferred Foils and Rapiers over the bulky, heavy swords of the common mercenary. He is also skilled with the more blunt variety when the occasion called for it. He often employs a crossbow when hunting as his marksmanship with a bow has always been lacking. A great weapon to close the distance when necessary. He believes himself to be well versed in the combat art of swash buckling. The uncanny dance of the pirate has always been a necessary interest for survival and a fine tale of his youth spent on open seas where he learned some of his trade. This is also where he developed a love for gambling, even if he's terrible at it. A tale for another time. To the untrained eye watching him perform, his swordsmanship looked like that of an acrobatic circus act, but in reality it is deadly in the eyes of a master. He is an uncommonly friendly Irda, but has very low patience for all other races; mostly humans, but holds his tongue most of the time. Though for an Irda Rachet could be social with the folk in this land, even going as far as trading with them when his need became great. His ability to shape shift is somewhat sub par at the moment according to Irda standards, but he works hard to perfect his abilities in hopes that he may instill fear onto his enemies in the form of a dragon or daemon, instead of the llama which he mostly finds the limits of his abilities producing. But mostly he keeps to himself and spends most of his time in the wilderness alone.

Soaring through the sky, Rachet catches a glimpse of his current home in the distance. Home to the legendary Lord British himself, this is truly a city of riches. This great city houses both the rich and the scum of society, and there is no better place to hide himself unnoticed in the masses. This is the way he prefers it most of the time. As Britain approached steadily, he could not help but feel sadness as he swooped down onto a grassy hill near the pond located adjacent from his humble shack. These were dark times of murder and deceit; where different houses warred with one another simply out of boredom and brotherhoods drew blood from the innocent and the weak.

He is a huntsman and tradesman by heart and does not wish to involve himself in any sort of conflict, though it saddened him. He shifted painfully back into his land-bound form, and cleared his mind once again. Walking towards his home he decided he needed a rest. He needed to think hard. A change was nearing, and conflict or not, he planned to be front row. He did not know why, but he had always had the feeling he was meant for greater things, and no longer would he hide in the shadows. What this greater thing was? He had no idea... and it frightened him thoroughly. But he still could not shake the feeling that there was more out there. Well at least he could always escape on eagle wings, scouting the skies in search of safe passage, laid out just for him.

Will continue to write stories if I get to Roleplay this character.

Original introduction RP story for IN2 skin change, thought I'd repost it here and see if I can get my skin changed and begin roleplaying full time. I used to be a smurf on IN1 and roleplayed it well, this is similar but a different race. If the race name is not acceptable (made it up) let me know and I will change it. I wrote this in 2007, will try and correct its mistakes now and rewrite it a bit. Enjoy!

I'm only looking to get light blue skin (kind of like a smurf) and snow white hair for the moment. I plan to write a story for each item at least 3 times this one if I decided I need one for my character. I've written an entire history around this race, as well as drawn out plans for a typical Irda dwelling. If people are interested then I'll keep writing here and creating a compelling story around Rachet.

I'll dress myself up in pirate clothes. Smile

Thanks!

Rachet
Awesome story. Very well written Rachet Big Grin
Good job Smile I will talk to you ingame