Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Client version support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Question to shart staff. Will you kame support of latest client versions? I mean at least full support of 7.x.x versions. I found it very important for now. This will be also very helpfull to players which use Windows 7 as latest clients have full support of Windows 7 without any compatibility modes. A have a lot of trubles on W 7 with client you provided Sad
[COLOR="white"]I'm not really qualified to solve your problem, but I run the 6.0.4.0 client on windows 7, and have selected to run it in windows 7 compatibility mode. If you haven't tried it, maybe you should and see how it goes. I find that my own client is pretty reliable. It's probably unlikely that the latest clients will be supported, but the staff members can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Good luck![/COLOR]
Eadred, thanks for your responce. I'll try Windows 7 mode. All other modes i tried before were usless for me but helps a bit. Why do you think that support of latest client versions is unlikely?
Support of latest clients can give us a lot of new abilities and a huge amount of new ideas for improve the shard!
[COLOR="white"]The reason I suspect that support for newer clients is unlikely, is because a lot of the landscape has changed with the Kingdom reborn and Stygian Abyss clients. The 2d Ultima Online client is changing in a huge way, and some of the texture maps and item ID's would conflict with those using the current recommended IN client.

It's certainly not impossible, to end my rant, but I do think it unlikely. A staff member is more than welcome to shoot me down in heavenly flames if that's not the case, but those are my suspicions in regards to why we use an older client. Perhaps someday.[/COLOR] Smile
I meant latest versions of ML client, not SA or KR of course Smile
I think that client 7 works with Stygian Abyss, but it breaks if you use ML with client 7 for some reason. At least I never got it working. :/
Seriously? Try to path blank UO ML installation to it's finish and take a look at client version Smile
i dont have any problems runing on windows 7 Wink
Ilithyia Wrote:i dont have any problems runing on windows 7 Wink

Explain him with screenshoots !!!! Wink
No, enough. I haven't any problems with client anymore