Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Questions about NPCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently playing around with an idea and trying to figure out ways how to make it possible.

NPC are programmable to react on certain words or phrases which will make them to reply with a line, a feature that we have seen been used in quests etc.

[list=Q1]
[*]Is there any limit on how many phrases and lines you can add to one single NPC?

[*]Would it be possible to make this feature able to players, i.e. players can add words and phrases to which the NPC will reply to with various lines?

[*]Is it possible to have them do other actions? such as walk, make a sound, eat, play an instrument etc.
[/list]

My main idea where to implement this feature is very vague at the time, so I won't present it until I've thought it out fully.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Added a third question.
I can add pretty much unlimited effects and dialogues with .xmledit but players can only add 3 lines to their barkeep that trigger when a player says a keyword, plus a 4th tip message when someone gives them some gold (more than 5 I think.)

If you have an idea for a talking NPC though, I can help get it set up.