Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Positive Changes/Suggestions for INX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Eighty Swords

Here are some things I can see helping INX. I won't bring up the never ending discussions about changing pvp or skillgain because these things will never change. So instead of everyone wasting their creativity on reasons pvp or skillgain should be changed, lets come up with things to help INX.

1) Implement the dual-tier monster system Taran mentioned months ago.

I'd quote him but I can't find the thread he mentioned this system in. Here's what he more or less suggested. Whenever you enter a dungeon you get to choose the difficulty level. Ex: Novice and Advanced. One of these dungeons would be spawned in Felucca and the other in Trammel, which is pretty much unused.

Taran didn't say this part, it's my comment/suggestion for his idea: In the Novice level dungeons the monsters would have their stats nerfed a bit and drop less loot compared to what the monsters currently drop. In the Advanced level dungeons the monsters would be as they are today.

Question: Why would someone want to go in the Novice level dungeon where the monsters aren't as strong and they drop less loot?
Answer: When a new player joins a UO shard they start out by hunting the easier monsters like orcs, lizardmen, spiders, etc which aren't very challenging and don't drop very much loot, even for a new player. Once a new player gets bored of these easy monsters they want to move on to the more popular monsters like dragons and our unique Xtreme monsters but sometimes these monsters are way too hard for someone who just finished killing some orcs. So what happens to this new player? They get frustrated and say hunting sucks and ultimately they give up. By having this dual-tier monster system, the Novice level dungeons would give players the opportunity to make the jump from hunting orcs, lizardmen, spiders, etc to our current monsters which are way more challenging.

2) Rotation of ores

It might not seem like much but it will help keep the crafting and gathering type of player playing. Basically I'd suggest every 3 months a couple of ores are changed for some new ones. 3 months later they go back to what they were or another couple of ores would be available.

To make things more interesting you could rotate a few different level armors instead of just mid range armors. Why would you do this? Because once a player gets to a higher mining skill they won't be interested in getting verite level ores, they will want to get better ones. Also because it will encourage more trading by introducing some new ores around the level of black diamond. I don't think many people hunt or duel in verite armor, usually it is higher quality armor.

So back to this system I'm suggesting. Here's an example of how it would work: today we can get verite, sandrock, and black diamond. 3 months later these ores would get replaced with storm, bronze, and holy lunar. 3 months later these would go back to verite, sandrock, and black diamond, or another 3 new ores.

3) More accessible information

What do I mean with this? Add more information to the main website and forums. On the forums side it could just be a 1 post thread with links to different pages/topics on the main website. I keep hearing that INX has tons of quests you can do but I can only find instructions or hints to a few of them, specifically the weapon quests.

It would be great if the following kind of information were made available for all the existing quests and any future quests;
-Background information on the quest (like why you are helping this person)
-Suggested starting area (this can be in the form of a riddle or something straightfoward like "in papua there is an old man seeking aid").
-Keyword to say to the NPC (it's not always "hello").
-A few hints to get you going

It would also be awesome if a system could be implemented where you can buy additional information from the NPC you talk to to start the quest or some "sage" character who is in a central and easily accessible/noticeable location. Each time you buy a piece of information the price for the next piece of information would go up. Why would you do this? Because not everyone is willing to share what they know and sometimes it's hard to figure out how to get started or the next step in the puzzle. Also because it's a money sink Wink

4) A "propaganda" machine

I think all the negative posts on the forums aren't helping our attempts to attract players or encourage existing players to stick around, so my suggestion is get a forum mod/slave to clean all the crap up (I volunteer).

Everyone feel free to contribute their positive comments and suggestions. Lets make INX awesome again!
Positive change: Server being up.
i think that it would be a good thing if everyone smoked crack for a week then they would see what is important in life and they would play much more uo

smoke

i think we should finally just all stop playing so taran and the staff can actually have a life instead of you guys always bi*tching about why we have no players it's simple and you can't please everyone and these stupid suggestions to try and get players don't help they ruin the old feel of the game with these new things that new players have never heard of. Let me ask you something would you play in a shard with all these new add ons to you if it wasn't IN XUO or IN-X? no probablly not
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Quote:In written English, punctuation is vital to disambiguate the meaning of sentences.
**** to hell
**** the changes
we said its ll die and now everyone can see ???
peoples looking for Xuo and IN
there is none want ****ed a mix!
there is none want ****ed balanced IN&Xuo pvp
u *****s killed a legend with ur stupid thinks
Just make 2 shard IN and Xuo and lets see who wants play which ...:evil:

Eighty Swords

I'll agree with you there smoke, people want back the old shards they played on. There's no denying it. Here's something else you can't deny: that's not happening, ever. So rather then b*tching about how INX isn't your exact old shard, try to be positive and bring as many elements of the old shard you played to INX.
smoke Wrote:i think we should finally just all stop playing so taran and the staff can actually have a life instead of you guys always bi*tching about why we have no players it's simple and you can't please everyone and these stupid suggestions to try and get players don't help they ruin the old feel of the game with these new things that new players have never heard of. Let me ask you something would you play in a shard with all these new add ons to you if it wasn't IN XUO or IN-X? no probablly not

You say that as if the staffers actually spend most of their free time on the shard. :lol:
Quote:You say that as if the staffers actually spend most of their free time on the shard.

No offense Brandon but we do spend most of our free time on the shard, maybe if players did the same we wouldn't be here right now.

Now let's not have another flame thread for once, thanks.

Eighty Swords

Necro Wrote:Now let's not have another flame thread for once, thanks.

Thank you Smile

smoke

Brandon Wrote:You say that as if the staffers actually spend most of their free time on the shard. :lol:

OHHHH SUCKS BROOOO

and he never got caught neitha.
Pages: 1 2 3