Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Positive Changes/Suggestions for INX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Eighty Swords

Have any staff members given some consideration to my first few suggestions? Here are two others:

4) Random Event System

At a random time each day a random player is picked and awarded a random prize (which goes into their bank). The random prize could be anything from a check for 10k to a team tour ticket, or a piece of decent armor, etc.

It's just another small form of encouragement to get people to log on. And since it's at a random point each day you won't have everyone logging in for 30 seconds each day at 6pm just for a chance to get the prize. Although that might be better since people will see a high count and start running around.

I don't know if it's possible but you could even add a check to this random prize system that sees if the player is doing anything, or if they have been standing there idle in the same spot.

5) Automated Event System

Another suggestion that has been brought up in the past is a sophisticated random automated event system. Basically there would be a set of events and each day or every 6/8/12 hours one of these is chosen at random and a gate opens in pits and a message broadcast to everyone so they know it's open. Now I think in order for this to work you would have to actually give a prize to make people want to go. Yes, it's fun to play in an event, but it seems this isn't enough to get people to log on.

smoke

#5 yes automatic events = good

#4 if 4 ppl play 10k a day randomly = bad economy

Eighty Swords

For number 4 people aren't playing anything, they are randomly getting it. Plus like I said it doesn't have to be 10k or a team ticket, it could be something else, like a cool decoration, or a shrunk mustang, etc. As far as screwing up the economy goes, I can't agree with that having any major repercussions.
Great ideas, I do how ever see a few problems.

Only suggestion 3 and 4 (2 out of 6) from your first post can be done without a dev, and the way I understand it, there is no dev. 3 and 4 requires some high end, with forum and/or website access, and I'm not sure there is one of those either. Worst part is, even if hilber disagrees here, that even if all those things went through, it probably wouldn't helped.
I think I could set up an automatic CTF via XMLSpawners with no script access. It'd be odd, and there'd be no staff on hand to kick people who cheat, etc. Plus, if it was CTF and one person joined really fast, they could probably cap a flag or two before other people joined. I think I could fix that too with spawners though, but the whole thing would be very complicated. Tongue
That is one and the same event, over and over again. I have a hard time seeing how that would increase the player base. He was also asking for random events, which is quite a bit harder to do without script access.

My personal opinion is that it isn't the server, but the game and the era (sphere). There are only 4 servers with higher average player count than 150. These servers cover the most popular UO eras, the different OSI ones that is. How can a server like this compete when sphere wasn't even that popular during its prime.

Just my personal opinion
Eighty Swords Wrote:5) Automated Event System

Another suggestion that has been brought up in the past is a sophisticated random automated event system. Basically there would be a set of events and each day or every 6/8/12 hours one of these is chosen at random and a gate opens in pits and a message broadcast to everyone so they know it's open. Now I think in order for this to work you would have to actually give a prize to make people want to go. Yes, it's fun to play in an event, but it seems this isn't enough to get people to log on.

ok now this is a good idea and if the staff could make it happen i think that if might bring a few players back. well look at it this way what the hell could it hurt. and for idea 4 the same goes, a bad economy with 20 players is better than a good economy with 3. or would smoke disagree with that too?
10k a day for a year is only 3.65 mil gold... you can make that in 2 weeks of playing...

I doubt that adding a bonus system like this will destroy the economy. lol.

smoke

something posative that would come out of this would be for you to stop trying to ressurect a dead shard. so stop trying to An corp

and just Kal Ort Por or Kal Vas Flam already.
smoke Wrote:something posative that would come out of this would be for you to stop trying to ressurect a dead shard. so stop trying to An corp

and just Kal Ort Por or Kal Vas Flam already.

seems like you're still a bit addicted to this games features

smoke

Fable Wrote:seems like you're still a bit addicted to this games features

at least i don't play the game or post when im the only one on the shard Big Grin
Smoke, you sound increasingly bitter each time you post. Relax Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3