Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: VERY Important Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok there has been many times now when I'm talking with people in game and we all have a different opinion on why people left the shard or are thinking about leaving. I think once and for all we need to figure this out and want anyone who doesnt play anymore or who is thinking about leaving to tell us the reason(s) why. If everyone gives their main reason why they left maybe staff can use this to make some changes in order to get the player base back up where it should be. Please take a few minutes to read this and tell us the real reason you stopped playing or are thinking about quitting. Thanks

Oh and the new loot system is very good for anyone who thought hunting was hard. Nice drops with the new random weapon crystals and more money/diamonds Wink Nice work staff!

smoke

Menace Wrote:Ok there has been many times now when I'm talking with people in game and we all have a different opinion on why people left the shard or are thinking about leaving. I think once and for all we need to figure this out and want anyone who doesnt play anymore or who is thinking about leaving to tell us the reason(s) why. If everyone gives their main reason why they left maybe staff can use this to make some changes in order to get the player base back up where it should be. Please take a few minutes to read this and tell us the real reason you stopped playing or are thinking about quitting. Thanks

Oh and the new loot system is very good for anyone who thought hunting was hard. Nice drops with the new random weapon crystals and more money/diamonds Wink Nice work staff!

Sad what about smokeCry:o:o

Eighty Swords

I haven't logged in much in the past month or so because I have been busy with projects for school and now I am in exams with another 2 weeks of exams to go.

After my exams I will probably be logging in more often, unless Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3 come out Smile
Mindset of the players. Not much staff can do about that.
Kamos Wrote:Mindset of the players. Not much staff can do about that.

did you not read my post? I'm asking why people are in that mindset to not play.... if you have something helpful then post, if not, please dont bother

Eighty Swords

Menace Wrote:did you not read my post? I'm asking why people are in that mindset to not play.... if you have something helpful then post, if not, please dont bother

Menace bro I think Kamos is saying people left because of the mindset of others. For example, a new player suggests something and certain people tell him "you're new here, stfu, you have no right to ask for anything". If someone told you that would you want to stick around? Personally, I wouldn't if I were new to the shard and had 5 hours invested. What do I care about losing 5 hours of work in a game?
Eighty Swords Wrote:Menace bro I think Kamos is saying people left because of the mindset of others. For example, a new player suggests something and certain people tell him "you're new here, stfu, you have no right to ask for anything". If someone told you that would you want to stick around? Personally, I wouldn't if I were new to the shard and had 5 hours invested. What do I care about losing 5 hours of work in a game?

ok thats fine and explains part of the reason for newcomers to leave. How about all the oldschool xuo and in players?
Reasons i left
1: hard skillgain (not the pvp skills)
2: No resource to gank, none realy has something onley the pvm players, but there staying save in gaurded zone's
3:How people are threaded on the forums about their visions.
4: locals that seeking the forum fights with those who dont match with their own ideas
5: not beeing taken seriously
6: not much players
7: little brads and the cry baby's

Eighty Swords

Menace Wrote:ok thats fine and explains part of the reason for newcomers to leave. How about all the oldschool xuo and in players?

Hmm I think you answered your own question - OLDschool players. These guys are older now and just don't have the same amount of time to put into UO, and there are other more intriguing things we can do. Menace would you rather hang out with some friends at a bar or play uo?

And at some point UO gets boring. You can only do the same thing for so long. I'm not saying IN:X has a lack of content to offer players, I am saying you won't do something you don't like and eventually you will get bored of what you do like. Ex: If you like to pvp and not to go hunting, you're not going to keep going hunting. You will keep pvping and eventually get bored with it. Or the other way around, if you like hunting and not pvping, you will keep hunting and will eventually get bored of it.

It's like this with all games. We all got bored of D2 sooner or later but we all still had a great time playing it. But if we were to all go back and play it today, we wouldn't play it for as long as we used to. Maybe at first but once you got your character to level 80-90 you'd be bored again.

Basically, I'm saying the new players leave because some people are jerks towards them, and the older players leave because they have other things to do with their lives.
Quote:Reasons i left
2: No resource to gank, none realy has something onley the pvm players, but there staying save in gaurded zone's
3:How people are threaded on the forums about their visions.
4: locals that seeking the forum fights with those who dont match with their own ideas
5: not beeing taken seriously
6: not much players
7: little brads and the cry baby's

The skillgain isn't THAT hard, I understand we come from XUO but still you can easily hunt to buy resources. Also the people who have GM Blacksmithy most of the time offer to craft armor for people for a small fee of like 1K.

That brings me to your 2nd point, you can easily buy resources or macro the skill yourself if you just hunt a little bit.

Also I take everyone's opinion seriously, but like I said something the skillgain and pvp won't change.

Number 6: The real question is why?
Menace Wrote:did you not read my post? I'm asking why people are in that mindset to not play.... if you have something helpful then post, if not, please dont bother

I just posted the reason why I don't play. Isn't that what you asked everyone to do? Right here:

Menace Wrote:...If everyone gives their main reason why they left...

When I'm talking about peoples mindset I'm not talking about them not playing. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
Reasons i left
2: not much players
3: Economy sux
4: My friends spanish players leave too because this reasons or more...
5 and more important: This not xuo and players want xuo.
Pages: 1 2 3