Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: House decoration perimitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why is it not possible to decorate around your house?
Normally there is one tile outside the house were you can place stuff.. lanterns and other deco, makes it real beautiful to explore.

Also i find that the decoration possibilities are somehow reduced due to the amount of items that actualy are flipable, i mean you cant even flip a log, so it turns into a pile, wich opens up for great decoration possibilities. (just an example, i found a lot of items that arent flipable for some reason)
can't you just add the .xflip otion from gm's to the deco tool Tongue?

Is it an restriction in RUnUO? or why is it made like that? (i am not complaining, just wondering why it is like that)
It's not possible to decorate around your house because then people can put fences and have a safe area to recall into before entering the house.

As far as flipable items go staff can't flip items like logs either. That's how it is in the default RunUO version. We might take a look at that further on and make more items flipable but we would have to test it out quite a bit so no bugs occur.
Taran Wrote:It's not possible to decorate around your house because then people can put fences and have a safe area to recall into before entering the house.

Gordon Treeman Wrote:Normally there is one tile outside the house were you can place stuff..

Having one tile outside where you can lock things down, wouldn't make it possible to make a safe recall zones. Wink
Exactley, just a single tile .. you would not be able to get behind it .. that would make it possible to place benches, chests bulletin boards, lanterns and other stuff, it really gives a great look to the world.
I support this suggestion.
That is why custom houses are the best. Easy enough to buy a nice lot, design a house on it and save some outside room for whatever your preferences on decor may be.
I fully agree with you Shade, but i think not only the lucky owners of a custom house should have the opportunity to put up a bulletin board or place a book, so friends or foes can step by and say hello, and write a comment down.

accesable items placed outside player owned facilities are great tools to help interactions between players, and interaction and player community is what ultima online always has been the best game at.

So i am on my knees here, begging you to concider the opportunity of making a single tile all around the houses avaible for decoration, it has been tested on serveral shards and was highly beloved on IN1, and i have never seen any abuse wich could help in player vs player scenarios somehow.

Decoration, trading and exploring is all what we "non-pvp'ers" have, so please help us make the great world of your wonderful shard even more enjoyable.

It will make the houses not only unique on the inside, but make the whole map a more fun place to explore Smile
I actually thought it was possible to lock items down one tile outside of your house. If it isn't, I'll change that.
It is not possible no.

And just wonderful that there is beeing taken care -in game- of a simple forum thread so fast, great job you guys do with this shard, it's not always easy to combine the real life out there and still have time for running a UO shard, been there .. and failed Big Grin

So once again: Thanks & Thumbs up!
u can currently lock stuff down on the steps of ur house.....theres your one tile

Damballa

nice Taran....

and Nice treeman ... players like u converter a good shard in a really nice shard.
I have really enjoyed reading this post. Seriously. Not for that free tile. I didn't care too much about it, but for everything else.
Nice comunity Smile
Pages: 1 2 3