Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Player run town
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hail, as you know i am new to theese lands, but i've had my time on IN1, were i was the lucky creator of chosen city and later on lunatic city as well.

I like the independent part in running a player run city, this time i am planning on establishing a sort of merchant/lumber camp were crafters/merchants can live and work, gather logs and craft furniture and sell their items on placed vendors.

My questions are:

1. Is a town stone pruchasable?
2. If yes, what's the price.
3. And most importantly is it possible to buy a bank, and place it accessible for the public in that "camp"??
That would help the trading possibilities on the location a lot...

I know .. i'm new and i ask a lot of crazy stuff right from the start, but i am no stranger to UO communities, and this shard has possibilities for me and my friends.

Hope i am not asking to much Smile

smoke

i think number 3 wouldn't be allowed because they said no to house banking and they disabled trading in all safe regions so you prolly will have to take the risk to trade in the regular area

but other than that rabbi already tryed to player run town and they said its possible but not as of this moment
He asking for a bank in a public area that everyone can go, just like Icebludel bank, So I think its possible, the town isnt closed.

And if I remember correct, what GM said was that if you want a player run town, you have to got some friends ( good amount) place your houses on the area you want, so they could add some decos for you .

smoke

i don't like that idea if you can have banks placed where you wish in your town then because it's kinda like a safe bank no one will know where you bank then

if its added it should be outside guards and people should know where the location is so its fair play Big Grin
smoke Wrote:if its added it should be outside guards and people should know where the location is so its fair play Big Grin

Its a player town, out on world, what make you think it have guards?

And if you want to find them, simple, go explore the world.

smoke

Ryuuku Wrote:Its a player town, out on world, what make you think it have guards?

And if you want to find them, simple, go explore the world.

oh it doesn't have guards to begin with? then its fun Big Grin
Nay, all public Smile no guards, and i wouldent mind to make it a landmark, add some runes around to go there.

So it would be no secret location.. and sure there will be pk'ers, but hey its a part of the game.

I mean it would just be nice with a spot for the merchants, so if you need something, you go to that "town" and have a look.

When you need something irl you also go to the supermarked, the supermarked does not come to you

...well allright there are some lacy people who can handle everything from the pc Big Grin
I would love to see a player run town but I refuse to assist a single player in making it happen. If a group of you picked out a spot and placed some houses in a decent formation, we could work from there. I will not fence in any houses, so don't ask, nor do I want to fence in an area of map.

If this is set up as as a community effort, adding a bank wouldn't be an issue so long as it was either x tiles away from locked houses or surrounded by public houses.

As for a town stone, not sure that exists but anything is possible. I suppose that was asked so a specific person could maybe have a specific item that did something to other players.. If there was to be a person in charge or some osrt of mayor of sorts, I'd prefer they were select for reasons beyond who got the most friends to vote.

Anyways I hope everyone who has talked about doing this in the past gets together and works as a team to get it going.
Ill help Gordon start the town.. Smile Could be awesome to have a player run town like we had back on IN Big Grin
I would be down to help in this project, let me know.
Eff you guys. All of you. This was my idea and I got no support whatsoever. Eff you guys.

xD
Hey Gordon, what name did you go by on IN1? Remember me at all?
Pages: 1 2