Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Status Page Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Eighty Swords

To make it look more helpful then a bunch of -'s for everyone, maybe if someone is in a place like ice dungeon, shame, covetous, etc it should say "Dungeon". Some people might not like this idea because you think pvpers will recall to a bunch of dungeons to find you, but think how many dungeons there are and how big they are. By the time they recall to a few dungeons they're missing mana and will have to spend time to find you even if they recall to the right dungeon on their first try. And you can even hide when hunting monsters if you're worried about someone finding you.

Also, instead of of putting 's you could put "Wilderness" for areas outside of towns that aren't dungeons or special marked areas. Then for people in houses and pits it can say unknown, and for tourney areas like the 1v1 area it can say "Tour Area".
Actually it already says "Dungeon" if someone is in a dungeon.

We could probably add "Tour Area" or something similar as well.

Eighty Swords

Ah ok then Smile What about adding wilderness for unlabeled areas? Just to make the shard look more lively even if we only have a few people now...
I'm not so sure, if it's done it should say "Wilderness" for everyone else. If not it would be easier to find a player since it would basically only say "-" if you're in your house.

Eighty Swords

Well, a house, pits, special tour ares like CTF would be about the only places left. Even then, it's not like houses are unsafe or you're giving up a player's exact location by showing -.
i think that will are good that if you are hunting in a dungeon, say the name of the dungeon in the website, the dungeons are very big... is dificult find one player in one dungeon but with this there are more iteract between players...
It was that way, and changed to the way its now.

I like it now, way better. let it ¬¬
but now is worse for the interact between pplayers... i never see players in the game...
Now it's pretty much useless, I've tried to find people through status page day back then, most of times I haven't found anyone at all, but once I did, the guy was in ice dungeon and ofcourse when he saw me he recalled right away. The thing is, alot of our dungeons are flagged as no recall/mark zone (well, maybe not whole dungeons, but hunting spots are), so you can't go right to the spot which gives advantage to hunter, cause he will recall without any troubles even if hes handicapped and playing through cellphone.

Also, after some testing I realized that .sam mainly helps to the guy who wants to escape, it will always tell him as soon as you recall to his location, and I personaly never used it to find anyone, it only show locations that you can see on our status page, so I used it instead... What I suggest is to remake .sam , to make some kind of gump that will appear when you will type some command if you have .sam enabled, and you will always be able to see people there. I also think it should show exact location, even coordinates if you ask me.

Eighty Swords

The status page was made less specific since a lot of people stopped leaving town because they were scared to get pked. Too many people felt it was too specific so that's why it just says Dungeon right now. And for .sam nobody even knows about this, and there's no way for a new player to know about this other then the 1-2 posts saying it was added so it doesn't help much.
I know why the page was made less specific, and I can bet Sandra also does. I was just saying that now it doesn't help at all. I'm not trying to say that we should change it back or anything, cause I know most of our players prefer to not face other people in non guarded areas, but since .sam was added for few people who wants to be found it should be useful for them.
And what I personally suggest is to remove arrive message at all and add a gump instead for everyone who enabled .sam. You would just type a command and gump would appear with names/coordinates of online players that have .sam enabled.
Is good idea, I am with Gang...