Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Fresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

My name is Will. I used to play on a shard you guys may have heard of, Flint Hills. It was awesome when I played (which must of been literally 9 years ago). I had tons of fun on that shard and must of played there solid for like a year. Wasted my entire freshman year of high school, who cares though anyway. It was my first time to play UO I had been playing StarCraft on Battle.net and was in a guild (haha guild for Starcraft, I know) who also played on Flint Hills. They talked me into joining because the guild was an extension of the StarCraft and Diablo guild. It was awesome, my first day on the shard I recieved a box full of goodies to my newbie eyes. I had a full set of plate armor, sword and clothes with 1000 gold pieces. I was put in a 1 room house which I shared with a new member as well. We trained together, shared the house and hunted together and the whole time helping provide for the guild. Our guild was one of like 9 big guilds on the shard ranging from Order, Chaos, Neutral, and Crafting guilds. We started originally as a Crafting guild but quickly rose too offense to fend off the chaos guilds terrorizing the mines and paths out of Minoc and Britain. When the shard crashed and the hard drive was ruined I followed my friends and played on the original IN with Ralire. I had tons of fun, IN at the time was a bigger better version of Flint Hills which I didn't think was possible. There were so many guilds for all types of players. You had the ******* immature kids, you had the crazy RP guilds that Art thou'd everything. You had the guild dedicated to helping new people, all kinds of stuff going on. You didn't have massive skill gains, freebies, or anything special (not including GM guided events and quests, those rock!1!!) I guess the point I'm getting at is, you don't need to get rid of a certain people, add skill gains, allow afk macro, allow injection anything like that to make a shard prosper because all that stuff does is speed up the time it takes for someone to get tired of something. When everything is so easy it loses its wow. We need the players, each and everyone of you who want this shard to prosper to invest more time and THOUGHT into increasing the fun-o-meter. How could would it be if you were new to a shard and someone approached you wearing a guild tag and asked if you were new and were interested in joining. Then you were given starting stuff and told you have to earn your keep by providing ingots or hides or whatever profession you so choose, if you wanted to be a defender of the guild you were required to partner and train with someone else to gain skill to fight off enemy guilds. Its all about player interaction and players playing with players, not locking yourself up in a castle with the right macros and items so in 2 weeks you can bust out and be UBER l337 at the next (once a week) PvP tourney. GM's shouldnt be responsible for making this shard great, the players have to do so much more. I am currently in the process of forming such a guild for newcomers. I have so many ideas, ideas that make me excited to put them into action. And I dare, some of you other guys that are in a guild just to be in a guild, start a new one with prupose. Like just off the top of my head ( I know its gonna be cheesy but hopefully you get the idea) Start a Britain Toll Gang, like be ruffians who squander money from the local merchants that pass by, hopefully inspiring a Britain Militia guild to form. Its all about using imagination, and if you don't want to use your imagination why in the hell are you playing a game with 2D graphics...

All I'm saying lets try to capture the spark of the old ways and the old fun, I know what it takes to get there. Do you?

P.S. This thread was meant for inspiration, flamers be nice Rolleyes

smoke

im pretty sure your someone who plays on the shard already as a secret forum account
Excellent post. I'm tempted to sticky this :p

Quote:When everything is so easy it loses its wow.

I live and staff by that logic.
Quote:im pretty sure your someone who plays on the shard already as a secret forum account

qfe

shill post is my call LOL
smoke Wrote:im pretty sure your someone who plays on the shard already as a secret forum account

I do play on this shard already. I wasn't trying to be all secretive, I just had been reading a few posts people had left and was truly disheartened by what I was reading. I believe I actually said I was trying to start a guild, so that must mean I play here... I just want what I cant have, and thats the old shards I used to play on. Im 24 now and travel all over the country as a contractor for AT&T and I spend most my time in hotels with free internet. I have nothing but time and am trying to find a cheap hobby I can do thats fun, thats UO comes in. My ingame character name is Atreides, and yes theres two of us. I'm working on that, trying to get one of us to change our name.

Eighty Swords

I think smoke was saying you have another forum account that matches your ingame name but now you're just posting under a random account name.

Anyways, it's a great idea what you're trying to bring to INX, hopefully some players will be onboard for this!