Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Anti AFK Macro Gump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Eighty Swords

I'm not trying to cause trouble here and this is an honest question... Is it possible to get this gump re-worked in some way? Yes it does a great job catching AFKers but it's very annoying to handle. I've spoken with people that have played INX for a long time and some of them are annoyed with it as well as some people that are new to INX that are really annoyed by it too. What's even worse is I heard that when this was first added a good amount of people left because of it. I wasn't playing at that time so I can't say if it's true or not, but it's not good to hear.

For example maybe it can be changed back to how it was where you get 4 check boxes and 3 of them say 'don't click me' and the other says 'click me'. Then you don't have to load up your browser and type in some word. I think this was an equally effective deterrent as scripts couldn't figure out which box to click and it's a bit less annoying for players.

I understand why it's there and I'm not saying to get rid of it in favor of allowing people to do mass resource gathering, but in these days where the playerbase is low (much lower then normal) maybe we need to consider the elements of INX that most annoy people and come up with some ways to improve these things.

I want to see this be a serious thread so don't come in here causing shit just because you're bored. If you don't agree with the topics being discussed please give your reasoning and not the usual answers we get on these forums of 'stfu ***' or 'i don't like you and i don't like your ideas', etc.

Thank you.

smoke

this is the only way to keep the gump becasue i could convert the other one by type by click herer on the other one
I've been giving this some serious thought lately. I HATE afk resource gathering as it ruins shards and whats worse is people do it and don't care. Apparently people don't care about our rules.

Anyway...

The system needs improving honestly. As it stands there are a few flaws with it, which I won't mention because I doubt anyone has noticed, but it doesn't do its job effectively enough.

I have a few ideas that people won't like but may have to be implemented as people find it funny to break rules. If it was up to me though I would just .wipe every characters bank on the account that was caught 3+ times.

I know it sucks to have it but you only have other players to blame. They couldn't be trusted and continuously broke the rule and the staff doesn't need to spend hours a day watching miners, fishers, and lumberjacks. I wish players played by the rules but people need to cheat and abuse the system and we have to do what it takes to prevent those people from doing so... unfortunately that sometimes means effecting the masses because of a few fools.
I personally have no problems with the AFK Gump, except that i've died a 2 times to it, I misspelled a couple of times because I couldn't read what the website said. Second time my router somehow "died", not making it possible to open any websites, but I could play UO as long as i stayed logged in Confused No idea what happened

*Edit* I think >some< miners has found a way to get around the gump! Cause i've seen atleast 2-3 miners always in MT Kendall, whether i log on in the morning, midday or afternoon/night.

Eighty Swords

smoke Wrote:this is the only way to keep the gump becasue i could convert the other one by type by click herer on the other one

How'd you manage to do that? The 'click here' one always changed place. I guess you sacrificed a few lives to figure out how to get by it? haha

Shade Wrote:I've been giving this some serious thought lately. I HATE afk resource gathering as it ruins shards and whats worse is people do it and don't care. Apparently people don't care about our rules.

Anyway...

The system needs improving honestly. As it stands there are a few flaws with it, which I won't mention because I doubt anyone has noticed, but it doesn't do its job effectively enough.

I have a few ideas that people won't like but may have to be implemented as people find it funny to break rules. If it was up to me though I would just .wipe every characters bank on the account that was caught 3+ times.

I know it sucks to have it but you only have other players to blame. They couldn't be trusted and continuously broke the rule and the staff doesn't need to spend hours a day watching miners, fishers, and lumberjacks. I wish players played by the rules but people need to cheat and abuse the system and we have to do what it takes to prevent those people from doing so... unfortunately that sometimes means effecting the masses because of a few fools.

Don't get me wrong Shade, I fully agree there needs to be some kind of measure against this kind of thing. Unfortunately the way we have now works very well except it's annoying to work with. Especially when you get it 2 times in a row or a few times in 5 minutes.

Is it true that people got around how the gump used to be?

Instead of having the gump open a webpage, could it just generate a image ingame so we don't have to go back and forth between UO and our webbrowser? I think even this change would help some.

Glad to see you're giving some thought to reworking it!
The AFK macro gump isnt to bad in my oppinon. My issue with it is yes I have died to it and I only leave my computer to take a piss or grab a drink which sometimes takes more than 180 seconds or im searching the web and on the forums and I look and I am dead. Also when the gump comes up I stop mining which is good for INX and bad for me because I have to keep hitting stop then play on my macro.
The only bad side for me are it sometimes come in the first dig/chop you do, you dbclick pickaxe target the floor and GUMP.
And when it come like 2/3 times no stop, like you do the first 2/3 digs after come another and you do it and 2/3 digs after, another one come :mad: really annoyng.

Also The leeters on website could be another format cause the ones we have actually sometimes is pretty hard to see and I have to change the image like 3/5 times till get one I can read with 100% sure.
Yeah thats true, a lot of times I am clicking new image because I have no idea what it says.
Having the gump opening a website with a captcha is the only way to prevent scripts from automatically press the correct button. Unfortunately websites can't be integrated into UO so your browser will have to open.
the anti-gump works well, yeah it does it annoying but like shade said it's to make sure ppl don't afk resource gather.

on that note though, nuking banks though would be ridicoulous, just because this guys afk macros 3 times your gunna get rid or everything's he's worked on? lmao not a nice way to keep ppl here if u ask me

smoke

Eighty Swords Wrote:How'd you manage to do that? The 'click here' one always changed place. I guess you sacrificed a few lives to figure out how to get by it? haha

Don't get me wrong Shade, I fully agree there needs to be some kind of measure against this kind of thing. Unfortunately the way we have now works very well except it's annoying to work with. Especially when you get it 2 times in a row or a few times in 5 minutes.

Is it true that people got around how the gump used to be?

Instead of having the gump open a webpage, could it just generate a image ingame so we don't have to go back and forth between UO and our webbrowser? I think even this change would help some.

Glad to see you're giving some thought to reworking it!

it wasn't hard.. get the id or type and convert it by type so it selcets the click me one every time, why do you think it was changed to typing? it's much more difficult to figure something else wrong with this one but like shade said yeah it doesn't work either lol

smoke

Taran Wrote:Having the gump opening a website with a captcha is the only way to prevent scripts from automatically press the correct button. Unfortunately websites can't be integrated into UO so your browser will have to open.

exactly to type in a word would be the only and best way to make sure people actually need to be there to mine because you can't make a script that types in the word every time becuase it's always different
Pages: 1 2 3 4