Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Change how paralyze works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Eighty Swords

When you get paralyzed you can't open your backpack or objects in your backpack (like your spellbook).

I understand paralyzed means you can't move so this makes sense (realistically), but if you don't have a macro made to cast an offensive spell or the spell icons out, you won't be able to unparalyze yourself... You can't even double click a scroll.

I realize it's realistic the way it is, but it doesn't help new players and I just got caught by this when I was trying out injection since all my macros aren't done there.

I don't think it would hurt to change it so you can access items in your backpack.
Yes it would... You can't use recall scrolls now atm, if you could - it'd suck. You can't get outa para by pressing lighting scroll for example, but if you could do it, it would suck also. I know perfect timed arrow is better, but sometimes u cast it like 0.1sec earlier and then u are paraed and need to recast... so... Its fine, make access to spellbook, but leave rest items as it is now

smoke

It would for pvp.. again try things before you just want something changed towards your benefit think the whole situation out

Eighty Swords

I'm not saying to let people run around when they've been paralyzed, I'm saying let them open their backpack or spellbook so they can cast a spell to unparalyze themselves. If you read my post carefully you'd see I gave some examples of why someone needs to open their backpack when paralyzed. Here are some more;

someone who doesn't have the spell icons out,
someone who right-clicked a spell icon and closed it by accident,
maybe someone is new to UO or INX and they don't have a macro made,
maybe someone is switching to a new third party program and doesn't have a macro made,
maybe someone's macro isn't working for some strange reason (they wouldn't be the first person to have this happen to them)

These are all valid reasons why someone should be able to open their backpack or spellbook to cast a spell on themselves when paralyzed.

If you're concerned about something, to ease your trouble mind, the time it takes you to open your backpack, open your spellbook, go to the right page, click on the spell name, then clicking the icon is 10x slower because you have to find the spell and cast it instead of just double clicking an icon or pressing a key on your keyboard!! So relax it's not the end of the world.

So no smoke, this won't change pvp at all because in ordinary circumstances you can cast a spell on yourself when you're paralyzed. I think you're just scared of losing the easy kill the odd time someone is stuck like I explained above. You're the one thinking of your own benefit, not me.
I had this happen to me, thanks Devilman Big Grin was kinda frustrating knowing death was so close and I couldnt do anything about it Cry but I had fun anyway Big Grin

smoke

Eighty Swords Wrote:I'm not saying to let people run around when they've been paralyzed, I'm saying let them open their backpack or spellbook so they can cast a spell to unparalyze themselves. If you read my post carefully you'd see I gave some examples of why someone needs to open their backpack when paralyzed. Here are some more;

someone who doesn't have the spell icons out,
someone who right-clicked a spell icon and closed it by accident,
maybe someone is new to UO or INX and they don't have a macro made,
maybe someone is switching to a new third party program and doesn't have a macro made,
maybe someone's macro isn't working for some strange reason (they wouldn't be the first person to have this happen to them)

These are all valid reasons why someone should be able to open their backpack or spellbook to cast a spell on themselves when paralyzed.

If you're concerned about something, to ease your trouble mind, the time it takes you to open your backpack, open your spellbook, go to the right page, click on the spell name, then clicking the icon is 10x slower because you have to find the spell and cast it instead of just double clicking an icon or pressing a key on your keyboard!! So relax it's not the end of the world.

So no smoke, this won't change pvp at all because in ordinary circumstances you can cast a spell on yourself when you're paralyzed. I think you're just scared of losing the easy kill the odd time someone is stuck like I explained above. You're the one thinking of your own benefit, not me.

you cannot use scrolls when paralized stupid before you talk actually test the shit in game really you post the most useless shit ever

IF YOUR PARALIZED IN REAL LIFE YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING do you get the point or are you blind?
dude when someone is paraylzed they CANNOT MOVE (even arms).

hence why it's called PARALYZE.

irl its the same deal if you paralyzed u cannot move, idk why u want this changed tbh as any person should have a macro setup to get someone's target so they can just use that to un-paralyze themselves.

if people don't have a harm/magic arrow macro then i'm sorry but you deserve to wait the full 2-3 minutes to get un-paralyze. This is uo make sure you have your stuff setup before going and doing something seriously cuz this entire game is about macros, if you don't have those you shouldn't even be playing
ill just expose my opinion without nothing more.
Just leave it as it is Rolleyes. It happened to me once to get paralyse for a while, but who cares? it was my fault.

Regards Wink.

Eighty Swords

OK fine don't change it for spells, but last I checked (and I have tested it) you can cast spells when paralyzed so you should at the very least be able to open your spell book.

Guys I don't see the issue here. So someone can open their spellbook and unparalyze themselves... Are you scared they will get away from you? It takes a good 5-10 seconds to find a spell in your spellbook vs .5-1 second to press a macro key or double click a spell icon.

And once again this is to help people who end up in this odd situation every now and then. It will just make the game less frustrating.

Yea ok Luda it's realistic this way, fine, but in real life when you get engulfed by a ball of fire or struck by lightning you die and can not come back to life. Want UO to be like that to? lol.

smoke

Eighty Swords Wrote:OK fine don't change it for spells, but last I checked (and I have tested it) you can cast spells when paralyzed so you should at the very least be able to open your spell book.

Guys I don't see the issue here. So someone can open their spellbook and unparalyze themselves... Are you scared they will get away from you? It takes a good 5-10 seconds to find a spell in your spellbook vs .5-1 second to press a macro key or double click a spell icon.

And once again this is to help people who end up in this odd situation every now and then. It will just make the game less frustrating.

Yea ok Luda it's realistic this way, fine, but in real life when you get engulfed by a ball of fire or struck by lightning you die and can not come back to life. Want UO to be like that to? lol.

WHY WOULD U CLICK YOUR SPELL BOOK TO GET UNPARAED LOL? HAVE A MACRO SET OR IM SURE 90% OF THE SHARD HAS THE SPELL DRAGGED OUT ON THERE BLACK SCREEN LOL. you actually make me angry with your useless topics
once again i will say this game is about macros, half the time i never dbl click anything (unless crafting/resource gathering)

if you don't have a macro to un-paralyze yourself then you deserve to stay paralyzed.

it's like babying an aspect of the game.

Quote:And once again this is to help people who end up in this odd situation every now and then. It will just make the game less frustrating.

Can I ask how many times does this really happen? If it's such a low % then it shouldn't matter as people should setup their macros. If your a new player it would teach you to always have a harm/magic arrow set after ur paralyzed for a good 3 minutes. If your not a new player then you should know better LOL. Seriously i must ask how much % of this shard doesn't have a macro set (it is fairly high in my eyes), so how can the game be more fustrating?

anyways 80 wut ur saying goes against the whole spell's concept, and this should stay the way as is.

Eighty Swords

smoke Wrote:WHY WOULD U CLICK YOUR SPELL BOOK TO GET UNPARAED LOL? HAVE A MACRO SET OR IM SURE 90% OF THE SHARD HAS THE SPELL DRAGGED OUT ON THERE BLACK SCREEN LOL. you actually make me angry with your useless topics

Did you miss the fact I said I just changed over to injection and didn't have the macros made or how my spell icons weren't out. THAT is why you would open your spellbook... to get to a spell so you can unparalyze yourself.

Sometimes smoke, I think you either just like arguing something, or once you realize you're wrong you just keep arguing out of fear of admitting you were wrong.

Luda are you saying you never closed a spell icon by accident and then you had to get it when you need it? Come on man stop being so up tight about this. It's to help people, nothing more. I don't see the big issue with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5