Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Contest: Make a player guide and win!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed that we do not have any injection installation guides and while I am not personally a fan of injection, everyone should be able to use it if they choose. Therefore I will be giving a very nice prize to the first person to make a detailed guide that everyone can understand.

The guide should include; detailed instructions on the placement of files, which client to use, explanation of general settings, and troubleshooting. I am not familiar with the program myself so if anything else should be included please be sure to add it.

As for the prize, well I have something in mind that I am sure the winner will be pleased with but if someone dazzles me with an exceptional and highly detailed guide I will up the prize even further.

To be eligible for the prize simply submit the guide in the player guides section.

Remember, the more players that have the choice of using injection, the more likely they will stick around and participate in the pvp. You will be helping the shard and earning a reward all at once! Now get to work.

*Edit*

In all fairness to anyone who wishes to contribute, this contest will be open for a week.
Also there may be another prize for a runner up, depending on participants.

smoke

heres mine from the player guides =]

How to get on injection a small guide:

Well it's pretty simple i'll post 2 screen shots first so you can get a good idea then i'll explain how to do it.

[Image: jkvs5j.jpg]
[Image: 2yo4hm0.jpg]

First off download and get Modians Legacy UO from here --> http://www.in-x.org/component/option,com...Itemid,62/

After you do that patch it fully and try to patch it again to ensure that this will work.
Once you've sucessfully installed UOML follow this order in adding you're require files and injection files or it will not work.

-Patch UO
- Add in require files
- Inset injection clients into UO folder
- Install injection folder to desktop

-Once you do all this change the client DIR to your UO folder
-Then add a new server name it whatever you want and under the name put the login inx.xs4all.nl,2593 add it and save it. (make sure you save it).
-For the client Add a name and choose the 5.0.1 Client add it and save it.

Once you've done all this you will be able to log on injection but your not clearly done yet, you will need to type something in Version in the main tab where i circled in red, 4.0.1 and then make sure you click off the version check box and press save. (the boxs i have checked off are to my own preference you may use those if you like or test out other things but most of them create lag and are useless).

So finally you are on injection and it's stable and you're ready to play and set up your macros =]

Below is a guide on how to create macros for injection.

Since everyone is starting to use injection due to less lag, i guess i'll help out and post all the basic skills you need to pvp or pvm

Steps to setting up and using injection:

1. Go to the macro section add the line of the macro and put in a hotkey in the little bar below and press add hotkey
2. Go back to the main section tab and don't forget to click save or whatever you've done will not be saved
3. You can customize your injection appearence in the display section to whatever comfort you like
4. The waittargetobject person1 is used for partners theres a heal reflect and bandages for them, how this works is you make an in game macro called ,addobject person1. once that's done you click on your partner and all your macros for healing reflect and resing will work with whoever you targeted. Don't forget to save in the injection main tab or if you logout or crash it will now save.
5. Waittargetobject rune is very simalar it's a recalling macro you make a macro in game to say ,addobject rune and click on the rune and press the key that you have set for it and it will recall to the rune you have marked. Once again don't forget to save it's important to save because if you don't what you've done won't be saved.
6. That's pretty much it now enjoy and have fun with injection and if you have any questions post them and i'll answer them as best i can

waittargetobject person1; cast 'Greater Heal'
waittargetobject person1; cast 'Reflect'
usetype 0x0F0C (gh pot)
usetype 0x0F09 (other mana pot)
usetype 0x1F4A ;waittargetlast (light scroll)
usetype 0x1F33 ;waittargetlast (nos fs)
usetype 0x1F5F ;waittargetlast (xuo fs)
usetype 0x1F49 ;waittargetself (gh scroll)
usetype 0x1F50 ;waittargetself (reflect scroll)
cast 'Magic Arrow' ;waittargetself
waittargetself; usetype bandage
cast 'Paralyze' ;waittargetlast
cast 'Clumsy' ;waittargetlast
cast 'Greater Heal' ;waittargetself
cast 'Magic Reflection' ;waittargetself
cast 'Heal' ;waittargetself
cast 'Cure' ;waittargetself
waittargetobject rune; cast 'Recall'
waittargetobject person1; usetype bandage
cast 'Recall'
usetype 0x1F5F (precast)
cast 'Wall of Stone'
cast 'Teleport'

I will now begin to explain how to imput scripts and use them.

sub spam()

UO.exec ("msg .wop Kal Vas Flam")
wait (70)
UO.exec ("msg .wop In Vas Mani")
wait (70)
UO.exec ("msg .wop Por Ort Grav")
wait (70)
UO.exec ("msg .wop Kal Vas Flam")
end sub

exec spam

It's really simple first off go to the scripts section and edit current script, then copy and paste the scrim sub spam() up until end sub. The part where it says exec spam is a the trigger key where you put in your injection hot keys to use this script. so after adding the script to the edit current script click the save disk overright to autoload add your hotkey for your spam and then go to injection main and save your new functioning spam! Smile

I will now provide some simple easy macroing scripts that also go into the script/edit current script section but these do not require a hotkey you will add them the same and and save them to autoload but instead of adding a exec hotkey you can simply go in game and type EXAMPLE: ,exec alchemist.
Once your finished with a script and you don't want to macro anymore or ran out of resources and it's a macro that has a loop, make sure you go to the script section and click on the script name showing and press terminate to stop the script.

Other then that i've pretty much explained everything in detail if you have any questions pm me or post on the forums and i'll have you as best i can i'll now provide some scripts to help people who wish to macro or make there lives easier by making pots etc.

Tracking:

sub track ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Tracking'")
uo.lclick(156,147)
wait (700)
wend
end sub

Snooping: change the useobject by using ,info on someones paper doll pack and get the id and replace it

sub snoop ()
while true
UO.Exec("useobject 0x4052E6E5")
wait (2550)
wend
end sub

Peacemaking:

sub peace ()
while true
uo.waittargetself()
Uo.Exec("useskill 'Peacemaking'")
wait (10500)
wend
end sub

ItemID: once again change the waittargetobject id to the item you are using item id on.

sub itemid ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Item Identification'")
uo.waittargetobject ('0x400C2C39')
wait (1200)
wend
end sub

Disordiance: The same thing as itemID change the object to the animal you are using

sub dis ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Enticement'")
wait (25)
uo.waittargetobject ('0x0001295D')
wait (1000)
wend
end sub

Arms Lore: Also the same thing as Disordiance and itemid change the object to the item id your trying to lore by using ,info

sub arms ()
while true
uo.exec("useskill 'Arms Lore'")
uo.waittargetobject('0x40B214FD')
wait (1200)
wend
end sub

Mana Potions: get the supplys needed then run this macro, after read how to terminate the script when finished as posted above in the instructions.

sub alchemist()
while true
uo.exec("usetype 0x0F87")
wait (8400)
wend
end sub

Shrink Potions: Same as mana pots but get the required resources instead of Mana pot resources

sub shrink ()
while true
uo.exec("usetype 0x0F78")
wait (5000)
wend
end sub

Well that's all the scripts that i'm willing to share because some are made for me only but if you have any questions please ask away and i'll try my best to answer what i can.
Might have to do this at some point and learn to pvp.

Eighty Swords

My guide can be found here: http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5541 Hope everyone likes it!

Shade, I take it we have until July 1st? I have more stuff I want to add to my guide Big Grin
Contest Closed, thanks guys for contributing to the player guides. Prizes will be distributed in game as soon as I have a chance.