Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Add More Stackable Items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Eighty Swords

In another thread the discussion of item count came up and here are some items that can be made stackable to help reduce the item count, and for convenience for players; sand, granite, clubs, wooden shields, keg ingredients (barrel lids, barrel staves, barrel hoops, keg taps, empty barrels).

I know there are some issues with stacking exceptional items (remove some and the rest become regular) so if the other items I mentioned can be made stackable even that would help.
Fishing Nets.
Well the problem is to make items stackable files need to be edited, for the most part anyways. While that doesn't seem like a big deal, the last time we did that there was a good 89368728 pages regarding the file and how people had no idea what to do about it.

However I have been considering changing the itemid on granite to ease the annoyance of collecting it and crafting with it. I just need to find a suitable unused itemid that can be stacked without compromising the look of the item too much.

smoke

lazyness just drag the items >.<

Eighty Swords

I didn't see you complain with the convenience of stacked bandannas when you were training tailoring, or stacked potions when you were training alchemy, or how it's nice and simple to drag 50 or 100 potions in 2 seconds onto your vendor.

There's no less of a reason to not have it for certain other items.

smoke

Eighty Swords Wrote:I didn't see you complain with the convenience of stacked bandannas when you were training tailoring, or stacked potions when you were training alchemy, or how it's nice and simple to drag 50 or 100 potions in 2 seconds onto your vendor.

There's no less of a reason to not have it for certain other items.

actually i did complain when there were stacked bandanas because i had to redo the whole damn macro because of the way they stacked now and i gmed alchemey using one poison pot so before you asume what you don't know maybe you should keep your mouth shut?

they only added these items to stackables because there commonly used you DON'T aboslutley need those crafting skills so they didn add it to stackable items. once again thats just you being lazy before we had these stackable pots we all did things by hand now the shard is just becoming way to easy and dealt with

Eighty Swords

smoke Wrote:actually i did complain when there were stacked bandanas because i had to redo the whole damn macro because of the way they stacked now and i gmed alchemey using one poison pot so before you asume what you don't know maybe you should keep your mouth shut?

Poor you, you had to redo a macro... and that's not even true because I gave you the macro to do tailoring and walked you and luda through it step by step.

As for alchemy well there are those of us who did it other ways AND you still sold potions and took advantage of the stacked pots feature. Everytime you take potions you use the feature yet I don't see you complaining about it now... Don't ruin something for the rest of us just because you don't want it.

smoke Wrote:they only added these items to stackables because there commonly used you DON'T aboslutley need those crafting skills so they didn add it to stackable items. once again thats just you being lazy before we had these stackable pots we all did things by hand now the shard is just becoming way to easy and dealt with

What are you saying you don't need those crafting skills? So you don't need carpentry or tinkering for anything? The things that come outta your mouth sometimes just don't make sense.

And it's not just about someone being lazy, it's to help reduce the item count, which some staff say needs to be reduced. Please focus on the whole suggestion and not just a portion of it before you critique it.

smoke

Eighty Swords Wrote:Poor you, you had to redo a macro... and that's not even true because I gave you the macro to do tailoring and walked you and luda through it step by step.

As for alchemy well there are those of us who did it other ways AND you still sold potions and took advantage of the stacked pots feature. Everytime you take potions you use the feature yet I don't see you complaining about it now... Don't ruin something for the rest of us just because you don't want it.

What are you saying you don't need those crafting skills? So you don't need carpentry or tinkering for anything? The things that come outta your mouth sometimes just don't make sense.

And it's not just about someone being lazy, it's to help reduce the item count, which some staff say needs to be reduced. Please focus on the whole suggestion and not just a portion of it before you critique it.

reducing items wont help the server because the hardware is screwed up yeah it may cause some lag but thats not the problem, and no you don't need those skills you can live with just selling potions instead of making a keg and putting them in there. it's your choice by gming that skill and your the first one thats made a topic about like you've said the same thing about taming to me because your doing it now you expect things to change becuase you see how hard it is? other people have done it and they dealed with it and if they can so can you..

btw the things that come out my mouth don't make sence? lol the things that come out of your mouth are just plain nonsense sometimes as are the things you do

it's not true that i had to redo a macro? i paid so many people to make me a macro because i didn't want to do it, including you which you made me a macro that didnt even work and you blame me for it when luda me and hiro all had the same problem as well as ginz when i asked him to try it lol.. so the macro you made me i had to pay you for then i had to pay for the cloth so it's no thanks to you at all that i gmed it so stop acting like i gmed shit BECAUSE of you and only you when all your macro did was a simple restock macro which i could of made on injection because it didn't use any npcs

as for alchemey that's your problem you did it the hard way i did it the way where you can gm poisoning and alchemey at the same time as where 90% of the shard did that way too and i remember this because when you made a topic about buying bottles everyone on the forums told you theres a cheaper and better way to do this.

which leads me back to the conclusion use your head better and don't be so lazy and just drag the items not to mention this won't reduce the item count it just makes them stacked and easier for you to use then again leads back to you being lazy

am i missing anything i didn't cover or are you going to write me an essay now for another exuse?
I think I need to put you two in timeout... Stay on topic or post in the off topic section.
Quote:I gave you the macro to do tailoring and walked you and luda through it step by step.

Just for the record that macro didn't end up working so i made one from scratch.

Eighty Swords

This is great, you gave me so much material to respond to Big Grin

smoke Wrote:reducing items wont help the server because the hardware is screwed up yeah it may cause some lag but thats not the problem, and no you don't need those skills you can live with just selling potions instead of making a keg and putting them in there.

Maybe you don't know this since you don't have them GMed (or maybe you do but just don't use them), but tinkering and carpentry help make items other then kegs. Like armors, decorations, forges, anvils, seedboxes, etc. What I listed was just an example of some items that can be made stackable.

smoke Wrote:it's your choice by gming that skill and your the first one thats made a topic about like you've said the same thing about taming to me because your doing it now you expect things to change becuase you see how hard it is? other people have done it and they dealed with it and if they can so can you..

This portion of your reply is written as a response to someone complaining about stackable items but I'm not complaining about them at all or did you miss the title of my thread? Here it is for you again: 'Add More Stackable Items'. I love the fact items stack and I want to see more stackable items.

I'm not talking about the difficulty of making an item (ie the difficulty in taming a ride) like you were, I'm talking about reducing the server item count and making something a little more convenient for the crafters. Maybe you forgot that back on XUO we didn't have stacked potions but we did have a command .massmove to move lots of potions at once. Nobody complained about the convenience this gave and stackable potions (and hopefully other items) is no different.

smoke Wrote:btw the things that come out my mouth don't make sence? lol the things that come out of your mouth are just plain nonsense sometimes as are the things you do

SARCASM: Oh yes, trying to help improve the shard by suggesting new ideas, reporting bugs, issues, etc is just pure nonsense...

smoke Wrote:it's not true that i had to redo a macro? i paid so many people to make me a macro because i didn't want to do it, including you which you made me a macro that didnt even work and you blame me for it when luda me and hiro all had the same problem as well as ginz when i asked him to try it lol.. so the macro you made me i had to pay you for then i had to pay for the cloth so it's no thanks to you at all that i gmed it so stop acting like i gmed shit BECAUSE of you and only you when all your macro did was a simple restock macro which i could of made on injection because it didn't use any npcs

Well I had 0 problems using it when I tested it for 10 minutes+ before I gave it to you. And after you tried using that one that didn't work, I gave you ANOTHER macro to do tailoring for you. And you can't say anything about buying cloth from me, because I sold it to you for the same price as a vendor does, so it's not like you got ripped off. And an added plus of buying it from me was that you didn't have to wait for the vendor to restock it. And if the macro was so easy to make why didn't you make it in the first place? lol.

Once again let me re-iterate the point you keep missing: I'm not complaining about stackable items. They helped you when you sell potions and when you trained tailoring so why shouldn't more stackable items be added to help people training other skills like tinkering and carpentry? You're the one trying to ruin something for the other players here, not me.

smoke Wrote:as for alchemey that's your problem you did it the hard way i did it the way where you can gm poisoning and alchemey at the same time as where 90% of the shard did that way too and i remember this because when you made a topic about buying bottles everyone on the forums told you theres a cheaper and better way to do this.

What hard way? I GMed a portion of alchemy by making and using poision potions to GM poisoning at the same time. After that, it made more sense to mass make other potions and sell them back to vendors. And the whole time I was able to use the nice feature of stacked items. No problem there... and that's not even what I'm 'complaining' about. I can't believe you keep missing this fact. Stackable potions helped people so why are you arguing so strongly against adding more stackable items to help people more so? Is it because you're done using this nice convenient feature and you don't want anyone else to be able to profit from it?

smoke Wrote:which leads me back to the conclusion use your head better and don't be so lazy and just drag the items not to mention this won't reduce the item count it just makes them stacked and easier for you to use then again leads back to you being lazy

am i missing anything i didn't cover or are you going to write me an essay now for another exuse?

Here's a quote from one of maka's first posts about adding stackable potions:

maka Wrote:Pros:
- Massively decreases the amount of items in the world

So do you want to tell me again it won't decrease item count?

smoke just because I can logically argue down the 'issues' you bring up or why you say something isn't fair, doesn't mean you have to try and do the same and ruin my valid suggestions which don't actually take anything away from the shard or affect anyone in a negative way.

LudaKrishna Wrote:Just for the record that macro didn't end up working so i made one from scratch.

Well according to you guys the first one didn't, although it did for me. And after that I did give you another one and neither of you complained about that not working.

smoke

Shade Wrote:I think I need to put you two in timeout... Stay on topic or post in the off topic section.

sounds good i'm done here don't feel like reading his essay =]
Pages: 1 2