Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Houses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Houses should decay after "X" amount of time and the items should go to the ground. Im tired of all the good spots to place houses being taken by inactive players who havent been on in forever. MAKE HOUSES DECAY! Big Grin
seriously its the same with statics
This cant be done, for sure.!
What if some day they want to come back and they see all their items gone Smile!
That person wont stay!
I can understand this sucks specially being that there is a lot of spots taken and some of those people might never hop on again. But as of right now I don't think it will be changed. However after were out of beta, i think that if the house is inactive for x amount of time i think it should decay. 1 it would make less items in the world and 2 give the opportunity to people that actually play a chance to claim that spot. Statics is another issue though and i don't think that will ever change with those.
True, I dont care about statics. Houses should definately decay and the items should fall to the ground for 25-30 minutes :p
Debatable subject indeed, Its true though that you can't just "drop" peoples items they earned. Either way there are pros and cons but if we do in fact make houses decay then it will ensure that those who are inactive most likely will not come back . .

Regards,
Scarecrow [Prototype].

Eighty Swords

This is such a bad idea...

Like scarecrow said; letting someone's house and everything in it decay would make it 99% likely they won't stay after they find out their house and all their items decayed. Let's be honest here; if you got a nice big ole house most of your stuff is probably in your house and not in your bank so this idea is more or less deleting an account after not logging in for 30 days or however long the decay period would be.

Since Jackal said static houses won't be changed that's giving an advantage to static houses over regular houses which isn't fair. Now I know somebody is going to come to me and say 'well you payed out the *ss for a static house so you should get these extra privileges'. Well sorry buddy but you're wrong. You payed out the ass because you're too lazy to make your own house and decorate it yourself. There shouldn't be any extra advantages. Period.

If this idea of letting houses decay is to be implemented in ANY way, in order to make it fair for new players to get a cool spot for their house then all items should be banked in a single container and the value of the house re-imbursed to the player. This way they don't lose anything and new players can have a chance at getting a cool spot.

Even this I find unfair... compare it to static houses; you buy it, it's yours forever. Static houses don't go up for re-auction if a new player wants to buy it. Tough luck buddy, you missed your chance by not being here for the last 2-3 years. I don't see why it should be any different for do-it-yourself-houses.

And if this idea was suggested just so you can have some easy loot, good luck finding the decayed house with all the items on the ground before they decay... it's a huge world and decay time is something like 20 minutes. You can't cover the whole world in that amount of time to find a decayed house...
how about ppl that haven't logged on for like 1 year, they are unlikely to come back anyways...

or just bank all their house items
What about. if you have more than 3 houses you will have to pay maintenance costs for all other (not the first 3) houses.

Now this wouldn't solve your problem with people just having one house and not logging in. But it would limit the number of houses per account as there are some people with more than 3 houses. If you want to keep those, you will have to work for it.

I think that would at least create a bit space and people would still have one house they have stuff in.
LudaKrishna Wrote:just bank all their house items

I agree with luna on that.

The main problem is people that dont play for long time are preventing other people to put their house in nice spots cause they had been taken for that guy who dont play.

So just bank the itens on house and delete the house. Problem Solved.

Both sides are happy , the guy that wanted the spot now can have it and the one who dont play can come back and still have his earned itens.

Eighty Swords

Ryuuku Wrote:I agree with luna on that.

The main problem is people that dont play for long time are preventing other people to put their house in nice spots cause they had been taken for that guy who dont play.

So just bank the itens on house and delete the house. Problem Solved.

Both sides are happy , the guy that wanted the spot now can have it and the one who dont play can come back and still have his earned itens.

Then I hope the same happens for static houses otherwise this idea is bullsh*t. It's not fair to penalize one portion of the shard but not the other.
Eighty Swords Wrote:Then I hope the same happens for static houses otherwise this idea is bullsh*t. It's not fair to penalize one portion of the shard but not the other.

I think the amount of time to decay a static ( I mean turn it into no owner again) had to be alot more than for a normal house, specially if its a guild house.

Btw I dont see a problem to find places to put a house these days... I think it just need to get implemented when we get a real big playerbase and find places to put a castle start being a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6