Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: The Gauntlet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Eighty Swords Wrote:Is this something you can do in groups, or is it 1 person at a time limit and everyone has to wait in line, or is it like WOW where you have an instance of the dungeon for each person/group that wants to do it?

1 per time. You need to wait the guy inside die to enter.

smoke

im not sure if its a bug but i got blocked by one of the detecters *gazer*
sounds crazy. I want that robe now. I need to log in and give it a shot.
Fixed some stuff to make it harder. It shouldn't have been beaten the first day, but Samurai got lucky. I consider it a reward for helping me to test it so thoroughly.

I added a few more stealth checks and a few more traps

Added a few more mobs in spots that don't block you and fixed some spawns that weren't meant to spawn in the path.

Changed how the chest on the 2nd level works. It should now respawn every 2.5 minutes, but doesn't have any items worth camping for.

To fix the issue where it would teleport you twice, I had it freeze you for 6-7 seconds after you exit as a ghost to make sure you don't enter, then get teleported out again (without a new entry pad.)

Pretty significant nerf to the final boss, but you now have 5 minutes to kill him. Also removed ranged weapons and added a few tricks to keep you from kiting him around corners too much. This is aimed at speeding up the process of people entering and leaving so that the people in the lobby don't have to wait 30+ minutes. Smile
Eru Wrote:It shouldn't have been beaten the first day, but Samurai got lucky.

[Image: gauntled21.jpg]

Well so im ****ing LUCK! Big Grin

smoke

lol samurai raped you guys
I think I'm going to have to add traps that only trigger if the player's name is Samurai.
how do you know you have the beginning of the 5min fight with last boss?

cuz what if you start fighting on the 2min after the respwan, that would make you waste the resources and time. how would i know that it's the start of 5min and not anytime in between?

and for 100% SURE you guys are finish fixing the place?
Theo Wrote:how do you know you have the beginning of the 5min fight with last boss?

cuz what if you start fighting on the 2min after the respwan, that would make you waste the resources and time. how would i know that it's the start of 5min and not anytime in between?

Cause you have to step at a spot there to make it spawn, just like the guy on chimera.

Theo Wrote:and for 100% SURE you guys are finish fixing the place?

I think they gonna keep changing it till the day no one can do it anymore.
Ryuuku Wrote:Cause you have to step at a spot there to make it spawn, just like the guy on chimera.
Exactly. You'll have plenty of warning that he's on his way.
Quote:I think they gonna keep changing it till the day no one can do it anymore.
Half true. I plan to keep changing it to fix the areas that are too easy and I plan on fixing bugs like the one that let people bring outside items in or being able to polymorph and go in.

Try polymorph running it now to give others a good laugh. Smile

The plan isn't to make it impossible, just really hard. I want people to have to throw lives at it to have to figure out the tricks and then have a hell of a fight with the last guy. Tongue When people start to learn the tricks that it takes to get through certain parts, i'll change it when that part gets too easy.

smoke

Eru Wrote:Exactly. You'll have plenty of warning that he's on his way.
Half true. I plan to keep changing it to fix the areas that are too easy and I plan on fixing bugs like the one that let people bring outside items in or being able to polymorph and go in.

Try polymorph running it now to give others a good laugh. Smile

The plan isn't to make it impossible, just really hard. I want people to have to throw lives at it to have to figure out the tricks and then have a hell of a fight with the last guy. Tongue When people start to learn the tricks that it takes to get through certain parts, i'll change it when that part gets too easy.

yeah i lost a bag of resources trying to do it hahah
Latest update. I added some things to make the parts that people flew through a little tougher, then added some traps of my own design. Smile

The area no longer shuts down when someone wins. This lets others try after someone wins. The winner's character is locked out of the gauntlet for 1 week after winning. (Note: Taking the chicken exit does NOT lock you out.)

The final chest will now spawn for whoever makes it to it, but you will be teleported out of the room two minutes after the chest spawns. (Plenty of time to unlock and loot the chest.) This keeps people from camping the chest for the respawn.

The supply chest for the final boss will only spawn every 20 minutes. I added some dirty tricks to keep people from camping the supply chest.

I think I'm done tweaking it and will move on to a new project now unless some crucial bug comes to my attention.

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6