Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: U should read this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Eighty Swords

1 noobied rune would be great if you can mark it to wherever you want and it doesn't have to be a town. Even then if it can only be to a town that's cool too, so long as you can choose which town lol!

If the staff are uncomfortable giving noobied runes, maybe there is a way to tie it to a player? For example only a certain player can cast on it or it can't be moved outside of your backpack. This way we can be sure someone doesn't make 5 characters on their account just to have a few noobied runes on their main character.

It's hard to completely remove autosupply because some events like cw, ctf, and dm have to be autosupplied. It's not fair to make reps not autosupplied because the good pvpers who normally kill a few people would spend 10-15k on supplies for a ticket worth 10k.

I think the only reg that should be autosupply is the weekly reg so this is purely determined by skill, and not determined by who has the best weapon or armor. For all the other regs you should have to bring your own supplies since you can win more then 1 ticket in a reg.

For the duel area, the autosupply one should be open 1-2 hours a week max. Staff can post in the staff forums when they opened it to make sure other staff who didn't know it was opened don't go over the limit. The rest of the time go in the regular duel stones area for money. Maybe add an area or two to the duel stone area that isn't for money but just for practice where you can get ressed after being killed.
lol I hate repeating myself, and it tends to happen a lot on these forums lol, so ill just make this one quick...

Eighty, all your ideas/suggestions/predictions are all related to THE SAME TYPE OF SHARD/SAME TYPE OF PLAY (XUO TYPE)/SAME OWNERS, etc...

You can't speak about successfull shards when you seriously havent seen one. You only played reconstructed version on xuos original shard, when i gave you the game to install, ON DIAL UP... so you didnt really play the pvp or pvm at all either... I've been playing since I was 11 dude, I think I might have a better understanding of why a shard isnt successfull or when it's lackign something. (and no people im not saying IM TEH SHIT, i know the most, etc... all im saying is i have experience to back my shit up)

You didnt play the <<< ORIGINAL >>> XUO, which wasnt called xuo i forget the name been too long, which had 200+ players, you only played on the second generation of it. so all of your ideas and suggestions are so close related, its like saying the only chocolate bar i ate was kit kat so that makes it the best one.

I know its a gay azz example, but w/e...

and when I said i played 10+ shards, that doesnt mean i stopped one and started another... I was playing 2-3 shards at the same time, all of which had over 200 players. Back then, Ultima Online was at its prime with sick amounts of players.

So i'm not bashing you on your intelligence, or what you believe to know about the game, but you cant tell me you know this game very well because all you really know is "one shards idea of the game" (their pvp/pvm/etc...)

bottom line is, if something isnt working well NOW. after 2 years of BETA.

SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

so if you only have 25 active players, WHATS THERE TO LOSE WITH TRYING SOMETHING NEW??!?!?!?!??
Camaron Wrote:and what about one rune newbied and remove autosupply?

Awhile back Maka and I were working on a single newbied rune for players to have, however he had his real life get in the way and at that time I really didn't know the first thing about scripting so it just got pushed to the back of my mind. This may be something we can still add but don't expect them to be handed out to players. Also they would be linked so they could not be sold or anything either.

Auto supply will slowly be washed away as the playerbase picks up I think. Honestly though it is entirely up to the person hosting.

Quote:bottom line is, if something isnt working well NOW. after 2 years of BETA.

SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!

so if you only have 25 active players, WHATS THERE TO LOSE WITH TRYING SOMETHING NEW??!?!?!?!??

So you would support a pvp change?:p From what I remember when this shard had 60+ players, the playerbase died right after it was said that the pvp would never change. It seems like that played a large role in the loss of players, though it could just be a coincidence:doubt:
Shade Wrote:So you would support a pvp change?:p From what I remember when this shard had 60+ players, the playerbase died right after it was said that the pvp would never change. It seems like that played a large role in the loss of players, though it could just be a coincidence:doubt:

Oh, I always thought IN was mainly about crafting and PvE. Didn't know PvP played such huge role in there that people would actually leave because of it... Wink
Yankovic Wrote:Oh, I always thought IN was mainly about crafting and PvE. Didn't know PvP played such huge role in there that people would actually leave because of it... Wink

So you know nothing about IN.
Ryuuku Wrote:So you know nothing about IN.

That's completely right. Tried to point out that shade doesn't know anything about xuo either, guess that didn't work out that well Smile

Eighty Swords

Yea I see what you're saying silver, you played a larger variety of shards so you can take ideas from more types of shards then I can. But it remains a fact that INX is a merge between XUO and INR so what I saw working on XUO (at least for a while) isn't exactly obsolete...

And back on the first XUO I played, yea I did have dial up and that's why I stayed away from the pvp and hunted and crafted all the time there. So again you can't really tell me I know nothing about hunting because I have hunted before... Maybe not on 100 shards but I still have and hunting here is very similar to what it was on XUO. Yes, the spawns did change and monsters aren't the exact same strength but it was similar.

Quote:I was playing 2-3 shards at the same time, all of which had over 200 players. Back then, Ultima Online was at its prime with sick amounts of players.

Ye you're right silver, BACK THEN UO was doing good with lots of players. Unfortunately it's an old game now that has really been pushed to the back of people's minds and long forgotten. I don't think it will happen very often now that you will get someone to play who never played before. People are just moving from one shard to another or returning after long breaks. There won't ever be MORE UO players unfortunately so we have to find ways to steal players from other shards. So again you're right, no harm in trying new things.
Quote:You didnt play the <<< ORIGINAL >>> XUO, which wasnt called xuo i forget the name been too long, which had 200+ players

Good old Core Failure CF I believe is what your talking about

but silver speaks the truth, and no shade it's not the pvp that drives ppl away seriously the pvp here is the best which is why it's a more of an incentive to attract ppl here, to change it imo would be bad u'd lose a lot more players if it did change tho, that's something i'm sure of
All I'm saying is on INR we had 15+ pvpers on at any given time and our pvp wasn't very good and during peak times we hit around 30-40 pvpers... there was always action. If we could attract that many pvpers (with all the issues, a flawed pvp, and crazy lag for some of our players) on a shard that wasn't put up for pvp, why wouldn't this shard have more pvpers on? Oh and before I hear SKILLGAIN one more time, INR had a skillgain at least twice as difficult as the gains here.

If this pvp was the best it would attract tons of players regardless of any other random issues that people might imagine. I'm not saying its not a well designed pvp, what I am saying is that it seems to target a very select group. Macroing for "the best" pvp is a small price to pay honestly and if people aren't willing to do that then obviously it isn't to their liking.

I spent countless hours talking with new players as they started and after they left and old players before they left and I can honestly say that a large majority of them had complaints about 1 of 3 things: spam, pvp, other players. Spam was cut back and we are a bit more strict about harassment so that that only leaves one thing in my eyes. I even have a list of contacts that I have set up for people who wish to be contacted if the pvp ever changes. Granted most of them are from IN but the list contains more people then our average playerbase :/

I'm not trying to go about saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong. I am just saying with the things and statements I have witnessed, maybe a new option might be a better course of action for building a playerbase instead of trying the same tricks to a greater degree.

Honestly if we changed skillgain (again) we might see; a peak in players during x hours of the day, the playerbase pick up, no change or see less players. Given the fact that it has already been changed and we haven't seen an increase leads me to believe it won't make any difference though.
If the pvp had some minor altercations made to it we might see the same things as I mentioned (less, more, or the same pb) but we haven't tried this yet so we have no idea.
u 4get this game gets older as time progresses back then u prolly had a more young crowd then u do today.

that's the main reason, even an old player on xuo said since he couldn't remember his account name/char name he wasn't going to bother macroing cuz he found out how long it would talk to re-macro everything.

like 80 said it's like getting a game and not being able to play it for a month, if i didn't know tech/scare on this shard to help me start back i probably wouldn't have bothered macroing all this stuff (i didn't have healing/tactics/eval intelligence at gm level)

when i started hunting it was tech/scare who showed me places to hunt.

it's really not the pvp that's the problem, and really i would hate to see it change (as others would also, it's not just me). anyways from my understanding when the merge happened it was said that inx was going to use xuo pvp. really don't care for anything else on the shard tbh. I could tell u on XUO there were like 15-20 pvpers on daily with the pvp system u have currently, so having logic of what happened in the past compared to now doesn't make much sense.

u should look at it at from a different approach, why do other shards have more ppl? how much is skillgain over there? I'm not saying we should copy other shards but one of the biggest questions when ppl come to play uo is "how long do i have to macro skills here?" It's like selling a product to a buyer, having to beat your competitors in the market. the problem here is u forgot your buyers have gotten older/don't have the same amount of time as they used to and the number of buyers have decreased since INR/XUO, not to mention in a market with tons of shards, that's ur #1 reason why playerbase is low

and finally i gotta ask u, why do u think 80% of this shard stays afk macroing??? this discussion tells u the answer....
You also need to look at it from another point-of-view. I keep seeing that "look at it this way," but no one is looking at it from another way themselves. Those large shards really aren't PVP based. They'll have a system, most likely an OSI type, which is fun, and that's it. They focus on the game entirely, not just one aspect. They make events, concepts, and items come to life. PvP, is my favorite thing, but it's limited. You fight. You die. That's the totality of it all. I don't think skill gain should be impossible, and you keep pulling what other shards are doing into it. They limit your skills, thus you have faster gains.

Comparing a PvP based shard to other more versatile, non-PvP focused communities is a luster-lacking point. They're different as apples and oranges. Most of the people here come into this wanting fast gains, easy shit, and fighting. Fun stuff, but it's not the focus. I'm sure the creators here liked the fighting, but they also liked SOMETHING else to do.

And people quit UO because there are just better things to do than work so hard and then the shard is taken down once you're done. The best way to stop a bad habit is to stop being around influences.;/

My take.
LudaKrishna Wrote:u should look at it at from a different approach, why do other shards have more ppl? how much is skillgain over there?

lol, like its all about skillgain. I agree with the skillgain could be easier. But if your're going to look at other shards skillgain should be like 5% - 10% you would have to take into consideration. What matters the most is how people are entertained, or how they are entertaining themselves. What type of events are popular, are there events for people who dont have gm everything so they can actually have fun without having to macro first. Do they have some popular quests or dungeons?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5