Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Vendora area v2.1 and v2.2, poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Do you like the current vendor area more than the old?

This poll is about the following vendor areas:
- Dungeon aka cave floor vendor area
- Grass vendor area.

(Note: Its not about the old mall bridge vendor area)[/COLOR]
new vendor mall kicks ass! much nicer than that dingy dark cave...good job odi Wink

Eighty Swords

I didn't see the new one but what would be really nice more so then a nicely decorated area is if the vendor mall were divided into sections, kind of like what we had on XUO.

You could do sections like supplies (scrolls, pots, ingots, etc), craftables (armor sets, forges, anvils, etc), miscellaneous, tameables, etc.

Now I know not everyone sells only 1 type of item, but there are people who do so to put them into one area would make it easier when searching for something. Like when I need lightning scrolls I know I have a good chance of finding them on a vendor in the supplies section instead of checking every single vendor in the whole mall. For people with mixed goods they can go in miscellaneous.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]we did nto have that on xuo simply had 2 houses? Smile.
And ye that idea did cross my mind like armor/weapons,supplies,decoration and a misc section but that would had put all but 3 or so vendors in the misc section ;/ [/COLOR]
The problem is, almost no one sells one thing exclusively. And since each person is only allowed one vendor in the mall, that makes it impossible to split the vendors up. Plus you'd be paying out twice as much daily for upkeep even if you could do it. Its difficult to enforce or classify vendors in any way because the content of private vendors can change so rapidly, what was a mount vendor can quickly become a scroll vendor or armor vendor, or all three at once.

I know what you're saying though, for shoppers convenience it would be good. Would be better to just have a WoW style AH though for maximum convenience and do away with vendors all together Smile

btw I like the new area inside the cave odium, nice job Smile

Eighty Swords

Then what shard have I been playing all these years? :eek:

The vendor area on XUO that I am talking about was divided into 4 different areas and had sandstone colored walls. I think it had a green floor. The top left section had the prize stone and a few other stones like arrows and regs, and there was a a little lake/fountain in the middle. That description help? I know it was on a XUO. When I get home I'll see if I have a screen shot of it...

Yes Jiraiya, you are right; vendors can change from one day to the next, which is why you should be able to turn them back into a deed and move them. Now if anyone is concerned that someone will do this just so they don't have to spend another 1k to buy another contract, you can make it so there has to be 2k gold left on the ticket to be able to re-deed it or add a 5 minute decay time so you have to plant him again.

Now what incentive do you have for moving your guy around as you change what he sells? Well if we did have sections and one day you sell animals you would put your vendor in the animal section so when someone who is looking for animals goes to the animal section (since they know vendors there have animals) they will see your guy. 1 week later if you stock him with scrolls instead, again someone looking for scrolls will go to the supplies section so if you don't move your vendor there's less of a chance you sell your items.

Another option that would require more work, is that you go to a 'master' vendor and tell him what you are looking for. Then he tells you the names of the one or two lowest priced vendors. This also makes some competition between players to check the prices of other vendors and make your prices better.

I know for me shopping is really annoying because every day I have to check every vendor just to see if there's a good price on scrolls or pots when only 2 or 3 vendors have them.
vendors are fine the way they are. I'd seriously prefer no vendor area and make players have to put them at their houses like the good old days. Of course I hate complete safety areas...

The vendor area looks nicer now though.
if ur talking bout makas xuo they wernt dived in any special order

smoke

I jusr hope it's not a "different section" it was annoying to not know who was in the vendor area

Eighty Swords

Odium Wrote:if ur talking bout makas xuo they wernt dived in any special order

I know it was A XUO, just not which Big Grin hehe

Looks nice now but how does grass grow with no light? Sounds like devil work to me!

smoke Wrote:I jusr hope it's not a "different section" it was annoying to not know who was in the vendor area

What do you mean different sections? Like I suggested or that suspended vendor area we had before this cave?
I like the new area. Smile

smoke

I don't like how you can't see whose in the vendor mall from pits, you actually have to enter to see it =/ it's like a whole other section using bf but it's not really on
Pages: 1 2