Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Commodity Deed Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just had a little suggestion that I think would help out Miners and other crafters a lot on this shard that could make it a little more intereasting. What If the commodity deeds were usable anywhere? Like.. If we didnt have to transport everything to a bank before using it. It doesnt really change anything and makes carrying a little easier, they are not newbied so the PVP part is still in tact. I just think this could make transportation of mining supplies, loggs, boards much easier.
What do you all think?!

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Eighty Swords

At first I thought this would be great because you would be able to carry a lot more before having to run to the bank, but the problem is you can only use 1 commodity deed on 1 type of ingot so it wouldn't really help with mining. Would definitely help with lumberjacking though... Then you have the question of is it fair to let lumberjackers carry more at once then a miner?

PS: There is a q&a section for your other post and a suggestions section for this post :p dude I'm sad you didn't call me back so I gotta bug you...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]This would make you able to carry millions and millions of material. Dont sound like a good idea at all. Then we got lots of other better ideas (in my eyes) to solve this "problem" in another topic.

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4846
also the topic linked above was created in the correct section Wink[/COLOR]

Eighty Swords

Odium Wrote:This would make you able to carry millions and millions of material. Dont sound like a good idea at all. Then we got lots of other better ideas (in my eyes) to solve this "problem" in another topic.

Yes, but people would go bank their ingots every now and then anyways so if they are gathering in an unguarded area they don't lose millions and millions of material if they get ganked. It happened to me a few times on XUO where I'd have like 2k weight in ingots and get ganked... couldn't exactly run since I was so over weight but I learnt my lesson.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Not as often as you think, as people are pretty good at avoiding being killed.
This would remove some of the charm and 'issues' for harvesters.

It is a part of being a craftsman in uo and irl Smile it would simply remove what a harvester is all about. And im pretty sure the prizes on resourses would drop asap along with a change like this (if something not only resourses becomes easy to get the prizes on them automatically drop)

Lets take an example eventough it might sound extreme,
all xtreme dragons would have a 100% chanse to drop xtreme plate parts, do you think the prize on xtreme plate would be the same as it is right now?

Its a part of being a craftsman, if the "craftsmans" profession is not for you leave it to the pros (we got a few that have no problem with this) and focus on PVE/PVP to gain your money.

We do want to bring back the old feeling when uo was about time/spent and skills.

Lately more and more shards have gone to the "we make everythign easy" direction. And this is not a winning/working solution in the long run as people will easily get bored when they have nothing to fight for so to speak(spend time on). And those shards also mostly end up in people solo focusing on PVP.
We do want a shard where people who do not like PVP or even PVE could have fun and make a living (like in the old days, not everyone want to pvp - and if "pvpers" find it to annyoing to get resources then leave it to someone who dont think like you or spend time on that instead of PVP)[/COLOR]
Can make comodit deeds usable for get the resource ( I mean just take off the resource from it) anywhere?

When I want to move things to my house I have two options drop walk some tiles drag it and drop some tiles away and so on...

Or Polymorph get alot, go to house, come back to bank get more, go to house...

So if we could just get the deed, bring it to house and be able to get the resources from it there, would be great.

I undersntand if you say not. Big Grin
I'd like to be able to add resources to them without having to cash it in, buy a new deed, and then re-deed the new stack. I overload my bank sometimes with all the logs and ingots I mine. :<

Making them cashable inside a guild container may work since you can't pick them up and carry them with you.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Please post your ideas regarding this in the topic below,
http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4846[/COLOR]
Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Please post your ideas regarding this in the topic below,
http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4846[/COLOR]

Thanks dude, I appreciate your regard to my post.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Your welcome.
Your topic is in the wrong section and in the correct section we back then had a really active topic in the correct sections of the forum regarding this very same 'issue'[/COLOR]