Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Subject of Debate... please read full post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Eighty Swords

Like the title said I know this is a subject of considerable debate and both sides are very much separated on it so please hear me out and staff let us discuss this a bit before turning the idea down 100% and closing the thread.

I want to see multiclienting allowed. Why? Because the advantages outweight the disadvantages.

Advantages

Server looks more active
While the amount of people playing has increased some the past few weeks, it's still not at a great count. Especially when it gets later in the day/night for North American players. I'm sure if you're up early and live in Russia or Europe you see it some too.

The count is also deceiving since a lot of people are AFK boosting the count so the server looks like there's more people on. In reality it's a much lower count and if you can have two accounts where you run around on one and macro on the other it actually makes the server look alive!

Lets people multitask
The last three weeks I've been playing all I've done is mine, sell the iron and train with the low ingots, or collect cotton and train tailoring. It's so long to do and just macroing every night is rather boring. And I'm doing it so I can afford to do other crafts like alchemy or inscription which I really want but just don't have the money for.

Not to mention the low profits on this - 30k gold off 5.6k ingots for daggers and 46k gold off 31k cloth in bandanas and HOURS AND HOURS spent mining or collecting cloth and then macroing.

It would be great if I could open another client to run around and do the quests on or to sit at brit bank or pits and talk with people. It was really fun having crazy conversations on anything you wanted to when you got tired of the regular stuff in UO. Hell maybe I'd even start to RP some if I could still have my macroing going at the same time.

Advantages/Disadvantages

People become more independant - Instead of all your time being spent crafting with the resources you buy you can now mine for yourself at the same time so there's less interaction between people. The good part of this is that not everyone wants to craft and harvest so there will still be some interaction, and at the same time it creates more competition between people crafting and selling resources, so the economy becomes more stable instead of out of proportion prices. See the example here 100k-200k for a vanq hally?!?! That's nuts!

Disadvantages

More 'fake' people - While the online count would be higher, there would still be lots of people afk or in remote locations macroing. Not much different from now though. At least this increases the chances of running into someone, even if they're afk it's still cool to run into people.
your first point deceiving new players to join our server with fake numbers, is just like one of the many lame servers out there. we are not like that, at least i wont play on a server that does that shit.

Lets people multitask? i could think of so much way that can go wrong, im sure anyone can to.

more independent? wtf isn't that's what the staff are trying to avoid? lol

100-200k for a vanq +20 hally is not bad. i remember i can sell +25 vanq bard for 500k. now you can hardly do the same. economy has gone to shit cuz of independence of player. and i think that this idea would further more brings down economy. think about it, sooner or later no one will buy anything, and very soon all price will drop to nothing.

im open to ideas.... lets hear what the GM would say but this just doesn't sound right to me

Eighty Swords

Theo if you have more examples of things that can go wrong please do share them because so far you only told me a vanq went down from 500k to 200k and you find that's a 'good' price. Sorry to disappoint you but I know a lot of people who would find that even worse then 200k! Think of what 500k can buy you... a tower; third biggest classic house in the game and one of the most common. Or it could pay for the biggest base to a classic house and enough to cover 1-2 floors!! 500k can buy you at least 50 team tickets; an R/R cloth - the second highest PVP reward

Like I said there will be some people that will become more independent, but not everybody will be because not everybody wants to macro all the crafts and others don't want any crafts at all.

I find the prices on items right now is way out of proportion on somethings and on other things it makes sense. 10k for 100 scrolls makes sense, 20k for a low armor doesn't sense. 25k for 1 xtreme armor piece does not make sense, on XUO you couldn't sell a set of xtreme armor for 100k. The high prices can be attributed to one thing; people having a near monopoly on some things. If more people have the skills to make the items that sell, the price drops and becomes more reasonable.

Theo Wrote:your first point deceiving new players to join our server with fake numbers, is just like one of the many lame servers out there. we are not like that, at least i wont play on a server that does that shit.

If we're not like other shards and they have much much higher player counts then us, clearly someone is doing something right.
I've said this in the past but... here goes

Logging onto a shard with 40 people online and running across a handful of players looks alot better then logging on a shard with 100 players on running across that same amount of players.

Also having more people online doesn't mean they are doing anything right... it just means that they have even more afk players. If you want it to look like this shard is packed I will create 100 accounts and run them all on some of my other comps. They wont move, macro or anything but hey it will deceive players into thinking this place is packed... and then when a new player logs in and see 130 players online and can only find 5, I think they may just leave.

The economy is more likely to get worse if this was allowed as well. People will start doing resource gathering on two characters, maybe even more. I know I can watch 4 clients no problem on a single monitor... This basically means that the item count will double (at least) in no time at all and items like full sapphire will go from like 500k (guesstimating) to 100k. Sure that sounds lovely, for a lazy bum, but if the best armor is so cheap then what value do other armors have? Economies on UO are very touchy and fragile and all things must be taken in account when these things are decided.

I'm not saying I am totally against the idea but I am against people using second accounts just to get ahead. Its one thing to make potions while you hunt or pvp on another character, its another to resource gather and pvp or hunt at the same time.

Just make sure you think about what will be best for the shard before you think about whats best for you.

These comments are merely my own impressions and thoughts about this topic, based on countless shards and 11 years of playing. I do not in any way speak for the staff team when it comes to this topic. I just want to be able to say "I told you so" if this allowed and all hell breaks loose.:p

Eighty Swords

You bring up some good points that made me go 'yea true'. Glad to see it's actually getting some conversation instead of 'no, thread locked'.

Quote:Logging onto a shard with 40 people online and running across a handful of players looks alot better then logging on a shard with 100 players on running across that same amount of players.

Very true, but consider the fact that at the same time it wouldn't quite be the same amount of active people. If with no multiclienting it's 5 in 25 active, that doesn't mean it will stay 5 in 50, it could go up to 10 in 50, so it's still the same ratio but more people actively doing something.

Like right now I'm macroing tailoring and somebody just ran up to me and is macroing anatomy or something on me now. With or without multiclienting there's the same odds (5/25 active doubles to 10/50 active) but there's more likelyhood of encountering someone since more areas have people.

Some people would have 2 afk players (I personally don't really see the point in being afk long term though) but others like you said would have their characters actually doing something. I'd most likely have one guy gathering (activity in one area) and one guy crafting (activity in shops) or hunting (activity in multiple areas since i'd move around a lot).

One thing that I would like to see if multiclienting is allowed, impose a 2 account per person limit. This way someone can't have 4 clients going at the same time (24" monitors are great huh? haha)
First, if this was allowed, its pretty much a slap in the face to everyone who built there chars and earned all their money/items without being able to macro resource gathering on multiple chars. That makes it rediculously easy and I'll tell you now, there will be people running 4 miner chars or 4 lumberjacks at once, its easy to do with easyuo. The DIS-advantages of multiclient far outweigh the advantages. It will become almost mandatory to run multiple chars to keep up with people who do it. Plus like shade said it will completely destroy the resource gathering economy. Also you end up with a whole slew of monsterbashing problems, say I'm trying to kill a very hard boss, I can use one guy to lure him into a spot and then just para him with the other, then res my first guy. I'm sorry eighty but I am 100% against this idea.

smoke

no multiclienting, causes to much problems and it's like a fake playerbase. theres no skill cap just gm something on one character
I like the multiaccount idea. I would use it to make undercover characters, and so on, since we don't have name changes. But yeah, it would kill the economy...
Eighty, you said that 500k is too much for +25 vanq bard. Bring back your memories, for how much those weps were selling on XUO? I remember elleb said he won't sell it for less than 20mills or so. It wasn't one R/R cloth deed, it was like 3+ R/R Wep deeds. Cause people were selling em for less. Yeah, i agree, with those random crystals it was a waaay harder to find accurate vanq bard, but still, its best weapon ingame, and it definitely better than useless renamed clothes;p. I doubt that someone will sell vanq bard for less than 200k. Just cause you can make 200k in 3hours. And you need to spend a whole month to find vanq bard.
So if multiaccount will be allowed it will just descrease prices on armors and other craftable items...

smoke

Theo Wrote:your first point deceiving new players to join our server with fake numbers, is just like one of the many lame servers out there. we are not like that, at least i wont play on a server that does that shit.

Lets people multitask? i could think of so much way that can go wrong, im sure anyone can to.

more independent? wtf isn't that's what the staff are trying to avoid? lol

100-200k for a vanq +20 hally is not bad. i remember i can sell +25 vanq bard for 500k. now you can hardly do the same. economy has gone to shit cuz of independence of player. and i think that this idea would further more brings down economy. think about it, sooner or later no one will buy anything, and very soon all price will drop to nothing.

im open to ideas.... lets hear what the GM would say but this just doesn't sound right to me

I agree the economy has gone to shit lol, 25+ bards of vanq should go for 800k-1 mil scrolls are being sold way to cheap, pots are fine imo 50 for 5k or 10k for 100 mana pots. Even team tickets/tour tickets are gone to waste nobody buys them and when you click them you don't even get 10k anymore. When you win a tourney it's got to have something worth. for example you spend 1-2 hours on a tour and in that time you can make about 30-50k hunting but you get 10k instead playing having fun. I think everything needs to be repriced imo, economy is shit because of greedy/poor people
speaking of making fake numbers. here's a picture of what it would look like.

this was on new years eve, 2 hours before mid-night for me. all the Rose colour players are actual active and moving. all the rest are what Nasir wanted to see what the server were capable of lol. so Nasir decided to make EVERY ACCOUNT to log in at once. and remember only 1 account allow per IP.

i could only remember a few people from that day. imagine... all those damn people blocking the way, i would totally bring llama bomb back lol.

[Image: theo123122591.th.jpg]
smoke Wrote:I agree the economy has gone to shit lol, 25+ bards of vanq should go for 800k-1 mil scrolls are being sold way to cheap,

800k for a wep :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: at least it would be a r/r i expect

Eighty Swords

Gang-Bang Wrote:Eighty, you said that 500k is too much for +25 vanq bard. Bring back your memories, for how much those weps were selling on XUO? I remember elleb said he won't sell it for less than 20mills or so.

Well Elleb always was crazy Smile and I can't say what it sold for on XUO because I hunted as much as Kilger and Elleb did so I probably just found my own.
Pages: 1 2 3